It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 6 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 pm 

vegas-jets-lighning in that order for me..no to preds and lightning please sweep the bums from dc..

Last edited by bam morris on Mon May 07, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 pm 

on a positive note well this loss will cut my stress level every few nights thru june..
but now I'm sick and pissed

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:20 pm 

bam morris wrote:
on a positive note well this loss will cut my stress level every few nights thru june..

I’m fine with it. I actually got kinda sick of beating the dicks off the capitals.

Think about it, we as Pens fans watched 100+ hockey games two years straight. That is complete madness.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Caps have the most unlikeable group of players I think that have ever been collected on a single roster. And yes, I realize Boston acquired Rick Nash at the trade deadline. And they have Trotz to boot. Just a terrible, terrible team.

From their owner to their fans, they are absolute filthy no good dirty rotten ass hole stained puss infested lops of shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 pm 

Fitting that this game/series ended with an odd man rush. That's the series long story. I wanted to jump through the TV and deck Kuznetzov for that stupid bird celebration. I hope they get swept by the Lightning. I felt like Old Yeller tonight. Put me out of my misery now instead of laboring through a game 7. Unlike last year, I had little confidence during the playoffs as I watched the Pens lose games they won the last two years. What a treat to watch this team though.

Curious to see the injury report. What the hell's up with Kessel? How bad is Malkin?

It'll be an interesting offseason for sure to see how they handle re-stocking talent to take advantage of these Crosby/Malkin years.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:26 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
bam morris wrote:

I’m fine with it. I actually got kinda sick of beating the dicks off the capitals.

Think about it, we as Pens fans watched 100+ hockey games two years straight. That is complete madness.

I was just talking to my wife, we have watched practically every game over the past 10 years. Amazing run.

I wonder what they do next season - 4 months away.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:32 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Murray played a damn good game, good enough to win.

I know many will not agree but we were never the same after the deadline. I refuse to rip on JR because he went out and gott the best player available and it didn’t work out at all.

Unlike the pussy Colbert and Rooney they went for it and it didn’t work, so be it.

I am rooting for a TB / Vegas final.

What?? Murray good enough to win?? He put his team behind with a severely soft goal that sucked their energy. Murray was an asset in game 1, then he joined the rest of these jokers outside of Sid Jake horny as passengers.

I'm not as disappointed in the outcome as I was the effort. Elimination game and everyone is skating in quicksand? That's just flat out bad effort.

What a run but losing to THIS caps team just seems weird. Missing 2/3 of their top line and this team couldn't take advantage... Horrible, should never happen

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm 

Whoever wins the cup I have a feeling they will be hosting the Pens for the season opener. Old lion vs. new lion stuff.

JR did a magnificent job assembling this team, including the Houdini act to get Brassard. Cole is a FA so trading him for Brassard (this playoff run and all next season) made sense. Sometimes stuff doesn't work.

The Sheahan deal worked out quit well, by contrast. Great face off guy and tons of grit. He did his best to get the game winner tonight.

This team needs more defense men who want to clean up their own end and fewer who want to be Bobby Orr. Get the puck out before it ends up behind Murray.

BTW -- Murray wasn't why this team lost the series. He's a young man who will get better with age. He's learned from success and now he'll learn from failure. He had a rocky road this year with personal issues and the d-men in front of him. The Vegas expansion forced JR's hand, or he may have kept Fleury another season @ $5 million (although I heavily doubt it -- Fleury wanted to start again).

Finally, Sully has won 2 Cups. Tomlin has won 1 SB Title. Tomlin has more job security than does Sully. Sully isn't going anywhere soon, but the Pens have shown a willingness to replace FO people and head coaches because they go for the Cup every season. Sully and JR need to define what they need for next season and then formulate a plan to make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 pm 

14Thumb wrote:
Fitting that this game/series ended with an odd man rush. That's the series long story. I wanted to jump through the TV and deck Kuznetzov for that stupid bird celebration. I hope they get swept by the Lightning. I felt like Old Yeller tonight. Put me out of my misery now instead of laboring through a game 7. Unlike last year, I had little confidence during the playoffs as I watched the Pens lose games they won the last two years. What a treat to watch this team though.

Curious to see the injury report. What the hell's up with Kessel? How bad is Malkin?

It'll be an interesting offseason for sure to see how they handle re-stocking talent to take advantage of these Crosby/Malkin years.

Goes to my point; even Kuznetsov who appears to be somewhat harmless has that stupid fucking bird celebration as if anyone watching hockey that isn’t a caps fan know this dude from a goddamn hole in the wall.

Just a wildly unlikeable team.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:38 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

I know many will not agree but we were never the same after the deadline. I refuse to rip on JR because he went out and gott the best player available and it didn’t work out at all.

Unlike the pussy Colbert and Rooney they went for it and it didn’t work, so be it.

What?? Murray good enough to win?? He put his team behind with a severely soft goal that sucked their energy. Murray was an asset in game 1, then he joined the rest of these jokers outside of Sid Jake horny as passengers.

I'm not as disappointed in the outcome as I was the effort. Elimination game and everyone is skating in quicksand? That's just flat out bad effort.

What a run but losing to THIS caps team just seems weird. Missing 2/3 of their top line and this team couldn't take advantage... Horrible, should never happen

He played well enough to win tonight - most definitely- compared to the last game, 10 X better - unless you watched another game???

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
14Thumb wrote:

Goes to my point; even Kuznetsov who appears to be somewhat harmless has that stupid fucking bird celebration as if anyone watching hockey that isn’t a caps fan know this dude from a goddamn hole in the wall.

Just a wildly unlikeable team.

Tampa is just as hungry with more talent throughout their roster (plus home ice). Tampa in 5.
The upside is that beating the Pens was like winning the Cup for the Caps.
Should convince them to stand pat with the aging vets they have for next season.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm 

14Thumb wrote:

Going to be an interesting offseason for sure. Defense needs an overhaul. I haven’t looked at contracts yet, so this likely isn’t even possible, but I’d want to keep Schultz, Dumo, and Oleksiak as the basis of my bottom 6 and try and get some better partners and a much better top pairing. Rest are either fair game for trade, no signs, or resign at a hometown discount only.

I was a big Letang defender until this year. But I’ll be the first to say he was really bad this year. And I think it’s largely mental, so maybe he can turn it around next season, but for the right deal I’d trade him in a heart beat. (Although I’m fairly sure he has a no trade clause).

Winger depth is also beginning to be a problem. Sheary and Simon shouldn’t be playing big minutes.
Maybe ZAR ends up being good enough to be a top 6 guy, but I don’t think it’s a gimme.

I’m not an expert on our minor league system, but I get the impression we don’t have much left down there that is NHL ready. Obviously Sprong’s name comes up here, but he’s an enigma at this point.

I think Murray is good enough to win another if the rest of the team is good enough to help keep him clean. The book is obviously out on his weaknesses. And he’s not the elite goaltender we all hoped he’d be. But he’s still good enough to win with enough support. He can be the new Barrasso.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 pm 

Murray played well enough tonight but over the course of the series he was way worse than Holtby and really just an average playoff goalie.

He didn’t look the same all season between the injuries and the personal stuff. It happens. HOWEVER, some goalies max out early and never really maintain that same magic. Really hope that isn’t the case with Murray.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:44 pm 

Would love to see LeTang and Maata leave.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 pm 

I was wrong about this team. I expected the Pens to flip the playoff switch around mid March -- start emphasizing smarter play in their own end -- no dumb ass drop passes in the neutral zone or lazy cross ice passes -- shooting the puck behind the enemy net instead of pushing the puck to a wide open enemy going the other way on an odd man break.

I expected more guys to go to the net. Remember Geno with his skate parked against the post against the Sharks in the Final. When the Pens got the puck on net tonight, and when Holtby gave up a rebound there was nobody there to clean up the garbage. I think Sid/Jake/Horny should demand an apology from the rest of the people who didn't want another title as much as they did.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 pm 

I kept thinking sully would do some magic and sid would assist and we somehow win.. in hind sight seems the brassard trade hurt our defense way more then he assisted the offense.. what a goat letang was . outta position on every big play caps had it seemed. what about sheary and rust? they were speedy darlings of playoffs past and looked like ghost in this series..
I don't know what kessels deal is but he was so bad he shoulda been riding pine.. sid horny and jake seemed like the only hungry ones.. murray showed his weakness way too often. and matched with dude playing near perfect he was not good enough.. can we trade murray for fluerry? :lol:
Tomlins appearance might be the jinx..if he wanted to help the pens he shoulda sat with trotz on the cap bench..
one tired team who earned a much needed break..sad it ended tonight...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm 

I'm not bitter. Glad we beat the Flyers at least. The only part that really gives me heartburn is that Sid/Jake were on historic production pace, and didn't get to see it through because our depth, while on paper better than last year, underperformed. This is really everyone other than Sid and Jake, even though a LOT of them are significantly injured.

Baffling to see Brassard, Simon and Sheary benched for the last half of 3rd and OT when it was obvious our top guys were running out of gas. I know none of them was playing particularly well, but after the lines were switched, they barely got a sniff just to even see if they could provide any jump.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm 

Good point bam. I blame Tomlin.

Well boys, it’s been fun as shit on here this season bantering with you all. You are my online Penguin bretheren and I respect the hell out of you and the discussion. Peace and love, peace and love.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

He played well enough to win tonight - most definitely- compared to the last game, 10 X better - unless you watched another game???

Did you not see the first goal and him spreading his legs wider than a slut on the breakaway? Same move kuzi put on him 2 days ago?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:34 am 

Yeah I saw the first goal. He often shows the 5 hole and shuts it down often too - didn’t work on that shot - you expect the guy to be perfect? He played 10X better in game 6. They could have won. Give Holtby his due but we couldn’t crack their defensive scheme more than Murray lost it and our defense sucks. That simple - I am not blaming Murray for that loss last night - sorry:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Good point bam. I blame Tomlin.

Well boys, it’s been fun as shit on here this season bantering with you all. You are my online Penguin bretheren and I respect the hell out of you and the discussion. Peace and love, peace and love.

Agree- Right back at you and all the Pens fans here! Hopefully it’s not over. Hopefully JR fares better this off season and retools. Only 4 months away - going to fly.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 am 

I'm down with blaming Tomlin!!

My sports hibernation starts now...see you asshats in September.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
I'm down with blaming Tomlin!!

My sports hibernation starts now...see you asshats in September.

BECAUSE TOMLIN!!!

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Yeah I saw the first goal. He often shows the 5 hole and shuts it down often too - didn’t work on that shot - you expect the guy to be perfect? He played 10X better in game 6. They could have won. Give Holtby his due but we couldn’t crack their defensive scheme more than Murray lost it and our defense sucks. That simple - I am not blaming Murray for that loss last night - sorry:

I don't FULLY blame him for the loss but he had a huge hand in it. To get beat by the SAME MOVE by the same player just isn't excusable for me. I get breakways are tough but he just has to have it. He wouldn't have been in the position to HAVING to have it if he didn't allow the softy first goal.

People don't realize that the type of goal allowed plays a significant role with the team's psyche. Do you think there was any confidence on that bench after that leaky goal? It was MAF-esque when he was down in the dumps circa 2012

Murray ended up with a .908 SV. That's wretched.
Letang again screwed some defensive coverages royally. When your best players aren't your best players you end up losing.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:51 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
We had our chances

Anytime you hit the post in OT - you are done.

Go Lightning

I thought that meant we were going to win. Two years ago, it was either Game 4, or Game 6, Pens hit the post, and then won a couple minutes later.

Same shit that's plagued us throughout the playoffs did us the fuck in.

As soon as Tommy K hit that post I told my wife it’s over, kiss of death.

Swiss - enjoyed seeing you here in the dark side

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next