It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 am 

Holtby has been stellar...that's why it hurt badly the times we did get a wide-open net and missed- Maata's one right at the end being the most egregious. He had half the net to work with and still pushed his shot wide left.

There was that article that showed the Penguins' had have almost historically bad "puck luck", as far as playoff teams go, vis a vis shooting percentage and save percentage this season.

So looks like that might be continuing against Washington.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..

I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.

Agree-

I believe there is only a 2 goal difference between both goalies. It’s just Murray giving up the softies and Holtby having to get beat to give up a goal.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:06 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!

I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.

Agree-

I believe there is only a 2 goal difference between both goalies. It's just Murray giving up the softies and Holtby having to get beat to give up a goal.

The Caps have had way more odd man rushes than the Penguins.

Murray is facing more danger shots which are likely exposing his warts more often than they’ve been exposed in the previous Cup runs.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am 

Agree - Pens D has been getting burned for the most part except game 5. Murray has still given up a few head scratchers which has been the difference.

I wonder if the Pens go back to a game 5 strategy tonight. Going to be some excitement tonight!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm 

No way in the world does DeSmith start. Let's remember...after Game 4 in the Finals last year, was some talk about going back to Fleury. Murray then produced two consecutive shutouts to win the Cup....wouldn't be HUGELY surprised if he does something similar.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:37 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Holtby has been stellar...that's why it hurt badly the times we did get a wide-open net and missed- Maata's one right at the end being the most egregious. He had half the net to work with and still pushed his shot wide left.

There was that article that showed the Penguins' had have almost historically bad "puck luck", as far as playoff teams go, vis a vis shooting percentage and save percentage this season.

Basically the script has been flipped. Read something earlier on Pensburgh stating this:

Last 2 years the Caps have had the more talented team but Pitt got better goaltending and converted on their limited opportunities

This year we can say the Pens are more talented but Holtby is making the stops he used to let in

It's pretty simple.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:05 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
No way in the world does DeSmith start. Let's remember...after Game 4 in the Finals last year, was some talk about going back to Fleury. Murray then produced two consecutive shutouts to win the Cup....wouldn't be HUGELY surprised if he does something similar.

I would.
The defense that the Pens skated out there the past two Cup runs was far superior...or at least playing far superior than the current bunch. The Pens can win, but the people playing in front of Murray must get their shit together...pronto!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:32 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Basically the script has been flipped. Read something earlier on Pensburgh stating this:

Last 2 years the Caps have had the more talented team but Pitt got better goaltending and converted on their limited opportunities

This year we can say the Pens are more talented but Holtby is making the stops he used to let in

It's pretty simple.

The last couple of games, we have surged ahead in the "fancy stats"...but those "fancy stats' aren't converting into goals scored...certainly not enough to cover for Letang's brain farts and Murray's softies.

Time is running out...that better change.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Agree-

I believe there is only a 2 goal difference between both goalies. It’s just Murray giving up the softies and Holtby having to get beat to give up a goal.

exactly right..if u took away murrays softies this series pens woulda won series already..holtby wont give us softies. maybe tonight we can fleece his ass and ruin him for game 7.. need good murray tonight..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17