It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 am 

Did u hear what that fat little fuck Trotz said after the game? He was lobbying for Guentzel to be suspended for his hit on Carlson - comparing it to the Wilson situation.. Hahahahahahaha what a disgrace Trotz and the Capitals are! Absolute zero class on that team.

Last edited by Suwanee88 on Sun May 06, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:55 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Feel bad for Simon because two shifts prior he was blatantly tripped in the NZ for all to see and no call.

THIS

So? Does this take away from his idiotic penalty in a huge spot of the game?

I don't feel sorry for him, he helped shift momentum.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:13 am 

Letang should be relegated to third pairing and only get 15-17 minutes per game.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:47 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Did u hear what that fat little fuck Trotz said after the game? He was lobbying for Guentzel to be suspended for his hit on Carlson - comparing it to the Wilson situation.. Hahahahahahaha what a disgrace Trotz and the Capitals are! Absolute zero class on that team.

Didn't you see how woozy Carlson's arm was after that shot to the head?

8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 am 

This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 am 

Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.
I never liked the matchup with the caps. I agree with your sentiments, but if Murray stops those two soft glove side goals and letang isn't stupid, it's a completely different outcome, imo. But the Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, and Cullen replacements aren't coming through, Kessel seemed to be injured, and Wilson took out Dumolin. That's too much to overcome, especially when the defense is spotty and Murray is "average to suck." He only had one nice skate save at the beginning of the game IIRC.

Not sure I can stay awake for the monday night game, so I'm not going to be there until the final horn sounds.

Can anyone direct me to a vid of the carlson hit?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am 

Jeemie wrote:

This is where I'm at as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:47 am 

Pens in 7. Believe

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I never liked the matchup with the caps. I agree with your sentiments, but if Murray stops those two soft glove side goals and letang isn't stupid, it's a completely different outcome, imo. But the Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, and Cullen replacements aren't coming through, Kessel seemed to be injured, and Wilson took out Dumolin. That's too much to overcome, especially when the defense is spotty and Murray is "average to suck." He only had one nice skate save at the beginning of the game IIRC.

Not sure I can stay awake for the monday night game, so I'm not going to be there until the final horn sounds.

Can anyone direct me to a vid of the carlson hit?

I haven't given up..seems the pens perform when we do give up..so yes I'm giving up pens u bums!! :P if the current goats can get it together.. game 7 in cap land and blowing them out would be so awesome again..

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:19 am 

how many goals has murray surrendered this series one can call soft? to many....how many softies holtbie gave up? very few if any .I don't know what murrays issue is..perhaps he needs a sports shrink..

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am 

Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:19 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

I agree. Daley was a great playoffs D- Man. His loss has hurt our depth.

Game 6 will be incredible drama. The Caps are going to be desperate because if they lose and it goes to 7, we have the advantage and the history! Can’t wait!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.

Holtby has been very good. He has been the MVP of the series thus far.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:20 pm 

ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 pm 

bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:56 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.
Murray started a handful of games his rookie season, closed out the season with 9 starts, and pushed aside a one time stanley cup winner in flower. I'm not suggesting they start Desmith, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 am 

oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 am 

bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..

I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next