It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1229
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4266
Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.

I agree. Daley was a great playoffs D- Man. His loss has hurt our depth.

Game 6 will be incredible drama. The Caps are going to be desperate because if they lose and it goes to 7, we have the advantage and the history! Can’t wait!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4266
SteelPro wrote:
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1229
Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.

Holtby has been very good. He has been the MVP of the series thus far.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10307
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6092
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1597
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.


Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6092
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.


Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.
Murray started a handful of games his rookie season, closed out the season with 9 starts, and pushed aside a one time stanley cup winner in flower. I'm not suggesting they start Desmith, though.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10307
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1597
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..



I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group