It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Did u hear what that fat little fuck Trotz said after the game? He was lobbying for Guentzel to be suspended for his hit on Carlson - comparing it to the Wilson situation.. Hahahahahahaha what a disgrace Trotz and the Capitals are! Absolute zero class on that team.


Last edited by Suwanee88 on Sun May 06, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1416
bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Feel bad for Simon because two shifts prior he was blatantly tripped in the NZ for all to see and no call.

THIS


So? Does this take away from his idiotic penalty in a huge spot of the game?

I don't feel sorry for him, he helped shift momentum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1090
Letang should be relegated to third pairing and only get 15-17 minutes per game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Suwanee88 wrote:
Did u hear what that fat little fuck Trotz said after the game? He was lobbying for Guentzel to be suspended for his hit on Carlson - comparing it to the Wilson situation.. Hahahahahahaha what a disgrace Trotz and the Capitals are! Absolute zero class on that team.


Didn't you see how woozy Carlson's arm was after that shot to the head?

8-)

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6328
Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.
I never liked the matchup with the caps. I agree with your sentiments, but if Murray stops those two soft glove side goals and letang isn't stupid, it's a completely different outcome, imo. But the Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, and Cullen replacements aren't coming through, Kessel seemed to be injured, and Wilson took out Dumolin. That's too much to overcome, especially when the defense is spotty and Murray is "average to suck." He only had one nice skate save at the beginning of the game IIRC.

Not sure I can stay awake for the monday night game, so I'm not going to be there until the final horn sounds.

Can anyone direct me to a vid of the carlson hit?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.


This is where I'm at as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1751
Pens in 7. Believe

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.
I never liked the matchup with the caps. I agree with your sentiments, but if Murray stops those two soft glove side goals and letang isn't stupid, it's a completely different outcome, imo. But the Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, and Cullen replacements aren't coming through, Kessel seemed to be injured, and Wilson took out Dumolin. That's too much to overcome, especially when the defense is spotty and Murray is "average to suck." He only had one nice skate save at the beginning of the game IIRC.

Not sure I can stay awake for the monday night game, so I'm not going to be there until the final horn sounds.

Can anyone direct me to a vid of the carlson hit?

I haven't given up..seems the pens perform when we do give up..so yes I'm giving up pens u bums!! :P if the current goats can get it together.. game 7 in cap land and blowing them out would be so awesome again..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
how many goals has murray surrendered this series one can call soft? to many....how many softies holtbie gave up? very few if any .I don't know what murrays issue is..perhaps he needs a sports shrink..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1244
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Jeemie wrote:
This iteration of the Penguins simply makes too many mistakes, and Murray is still not playing like the Murray of old, to make me feel the same magic of the last two years.

And I still feel, like I did at the beginning of the season, that the losses of a lot of the secondary talent...Kunitz, Daley, Bonino, Cullen, etc...were a lot to overcome, and we didn't do that.

That said...I'm in this until the final horn sounds in an elimination game and the Penguins are trailing.

I agree. Daley was a great playoffs D- Man. His loss has hurt our depth.

Game 6 will be incredible drama. The Caps are going to be desperate because if they lose and it goes to 7, we have the advantage and the history! Can’t wait!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
SteelPro wrote:
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1244
Suwanee88 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
Murray had a rough season and after a good start to the playoffs he has found himself in a funk. And of course the Caps have found his weakness and they are doing a good job of exploiting it. When a goaltender is having some tough goes of it you absolutely can't commit the kind of defensive gaffes that Letang is committing. They need to tighten up and help Murray, not expose him to good scoring chances and odd man rushes. The Pens keep pulling the Caps off the mat. That is a team with a psyche problem that was ready to cave in. It hasn't been some great push by the Caps that have turned things around for them. It has been huge mistakes by the Pens. I think the Pens get it done tomorrow night. Game 7, who knows. And if they survive the Caps I don't have a lot of confidence going forward. But it has been great ride regardless and it ain't over yet. These guys are repeat champs. They have tons of mettle. I'll never count them out.

Great points but you have to give credit to Holtby- he saved their despicable asses last night.

Holtby has been very good. He has been the MVP of the series thus far.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6328
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1738
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.


Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6328
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ill say this on murray..he looks like flower in his bad playoff series when everyone blamed him for the quick eliminations... wont happen but I really believe if desmith started game 6-7 he shuts em down and pens win series..
that said ill gladly eat crow if murray does same.
What if desmith starts and loses game 6? The way murray is playing I'm not sure there'd be a shitstorm following that loss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be the guy to make that call.


Desmith started showing some warts the more he played.

I am by no means a Murray fanboy, but suggesting we sub a two time Stanley cup winner, even with his faults, with a guy who has 10 career starts is very short sighted.
Murray started a handful of games his rookie season, closed out the season with 9 starts, and pushed aside a one time stanley cup winner in flower. I'm not suggesting they start Desmith, though.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1738
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..



I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Holtby has been stellar...that's why it hurt badly the times we did get a wide-open net and missed- Maata's one right at the end being the most egregious. He had half the net to work with and still pushed his shot wide left.

There was that article that showed the Penguins' had have almost historically bad "puck luck", as far as playoff teams go, vis a vis shooting percentage and save percentage this season.

So looks like that might be continuing against Washington.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..



I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.

Agree-

I believe there is only a 2 goal difference between both goalies. It’s just Murray giving up the softies and Holtby having to get beat to give up a goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Suwanee88 wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
bam morris wrote:
oh I'm not suggesting smith start..as said its tough call..it sucks when he gives up easy goals and their guy doesn't!
..bound to affect the psyche of team..i hope murray rallies. he always has..



I don't think it is a tough call at all, though. Murray hasn't played bad. Just not quite up to where we'd all like to see him play.

It'd be one thing if Murray was getting blown out of the building, but he's just not. And I think it's extremely unrealistic to expect Desmith to come into an elimination game in the playoffs and better than Murray has been.

Agree-

I believe there is only a 2 goal difference between both goalies. It's just Murray giving up the softies and Holtby having to get beat to give up a goal.


The Caps have had way more odd man rushes than the Penguins.

Murray is facing more danger shots which are likely exposing his warts more often than they’ve been exposed in the previous Cup runs.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Agree - Pens D has been getting burned for the most part except game 5. Murray has still given up a few head scratchers which has been the difference.

I wonder if the Pens go back to a game 5 strategy tonight. Going to be some excitement tonight!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
No way in the world does DeSmith start. Let's remember...after Game 4 in the Finals last year, was some talk about going back to Fleury. Murray then produced two consecutive shutouts to win the Cup....wouldn't be HUGELY surprised if he does something similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group