steelerfury.com
http://steelerfury.com/forum/

Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10506
Page 19 of 20

Author:  Pabst [ Sat May 05, 2018 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

Well....looks like Marchand couldn't make it another game without licking someone

Author:  swissvale72 [ Sat May 05, 2018 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

Re-watched the 3rd period, and it sort of reminded me of the 3rd period of Game #7 vs. Wings in '09 as it was a masterful defensive effort. At the time, on Thursday night, I was a nervous fuckin' wreck, but other than some sustained pressure mid-period, between the 11 minute & 8 minute marks, Caps really didn't threaten. Their last shot on goal was with 8 minutes remaining. We need more of that tonight.

Author:  bam morris [ Sat May 05, 2018 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

swissvale72 wrote:
Re-watched the 3rd period, and it sort of reminded me of the 3rd period of Game #7 vs. Wings in '09 as it was a masterful defensive effort. At the time, on Thursday night, I was a nervous fuckin' wreck, but other than some sustained pressure mid-period, between the 11 minute & 8 minute marks, Caps really didn't threaten. Their last shot on goal was with 8 minutes remaining. We need more of that tonight.

yes..i was freaking..seems like sully ditched the offense to play defense and help murray..caps got very few open or uncontested shots or breakaways.. I was uneasy motherfucker with only 1 goal lead...id love to see a pen scoring spurt and coast to win tonight and silence the cap fans.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Sat May 05, 2018 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

Pabst wrote:
Well....looks like Marchand couldn't make it another game without licking someone
Should that be a 2 min minor?

Author:  SteelPro [ Sat May 05, 2018 11:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

swissvale72 wrote:
Re-watched the 3rd period, and it sort of reminded me of the 3rd period of Game #7 vs. Wings in '09 as it was a masterful defensive effort. At the time, on Thursday night, I was a nervous fuckin' wreck, but other than some sustained pressure mid-period, between the 11 minute & 8 minute marks, Caps really didn't threaten. Their last shot on goal was with 8 minutes remaining. We need more of that tonight.


That was a solid clampdown. And any game that keeps Ovie from even registering a shot is a helluva defensive effort.

Author:  Louis Lipps Service [ Sat May 05, 2018 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Well....looks like Marchand couldn't make it another game without licking someone
Should that be a 2 min minor?


No, that should be a restraining order, counseling, and a tetanus shot.

Author:  Zeke5123 [ Sat May 05, 2018 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

swissvale72 wrote:
Re-watched the 3rd period, and it sort of reminded me of the 3rd period of Game #7 vs. Wings in '09 as it was a masterful defensive effort. At the time, on Thursday night, I was a nervous fuckin' wreck, but other than some sustained pressure mid-period, between the 11 minute & 8 minute marks, Caps really didn't threaten. Their last shot on goal was with 8 minutes remaining. We need more of that tonight.


The funny thing is...the Caps lived in our zone that period, but we got most of the quality chances. They kept the puck, but never got the puck to prime scoring chances. We counter punched when they tried and failed. But for some good saves by Holtby, the game would've been over sooner.

Given how Oshie acted, perhaps it is a good thing we didn't score sooner...

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Sat May 05, 2018 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Well....looks like Marchand couldn't make it another game without licking someone
Should that be a 2 min minor?


No, that should be a restraining order, counseling, and a tetanus shot.

Or a hockey stick across the side of the head...

Author:  steel [ Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

Jobus Rum wrote:
Or a hockey stick across the side of the head...


not allowed in the newly politically correct NHL

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Sat May 05, 2018 1:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments

steel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Or a hockey stick across the side of the head...


not allowed in the newly politically correct NHL

Not allowed in society either, but if you need to make a point...

Page 19 of 20 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/