It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am 

No one here mentioned it that I saw... but did anyone else notice Sheehan bumped up to the 3rd line and Broussard on the 4th? I think it kind of makes a lot of sense. You can throw that 4th line out there vs the other team's best and you've got at least two really good defenders. Alos, Sheehan gets some more face off chances, and he's been the best in the series. Didn't result in any goals last night for lines 3/4 but I thought it was a bold move.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:11 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
No one here mentioned it that I saw... but did anyone else notice Sheehan bumped up to the 3rd line and Broussard on the 4th? I think it kind of makes a lot of sense. You can throw that 4th line out there vs the other team's best and you've got at least two really good defenders. Alos, Sheehan gets some more face off chances, and he's been the best in the series. Didn't result in any goals last night for lines 3/4 but I thought it was a bold move.

Sully did this in the last game as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:15 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Noticed that, and was a little surprised, though not overly so.

And what about Kessell? He's clearly not himself, though did get an assist. But still on the power play? Seems like there's a better alternative.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Sully did this in the last game as well.

People told me I was crazy at the time... but that 3rd line with Sheahan was buzzing at the time of the trade and I felt Broussard was the guy who should have started on that defensive minded line, especially considering he's great at it and he was playing that style in Ottawa.

Last night's lines were really a great adjustment, even if it didn't show that way on the scoresheet.

Hadn't seen it mentioned here, but Shazier and JuJu were both in the house last night:

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/992210420994838528

Pabst wrote:
Hadn't seen it mentioned here, but Shazier and JuJu were both in the house last night:

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/992210420994838528

and Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:15 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Noticed that, and was a little surprised, though not overly so.

And what about Kessell? He's clearly not himself, though did get an assist. But still on the power play? Seems like there's a better alternative.

Brass and Kessel are hurt big time. Probably wise to just have them buried on the 4th line where they can do the least amount of damage

Rust-Sheahan - Kuhn line is pretty good, seems like they've got something going.

Back to Kessel- at this point he's worthless and I love the dude. But Carter Rowney is more effective right at this moment. The simple solution is to sit Kessel for at least a game and see if rest helps a little bit. When is the last time you say a guy of Kessel's pedigree completely fan on a shot which no one was around him? He did that on the PP last night and that was it for me. He's literally doing less than nothing.

This would be the ideal place for Sprong to come up: get some lively legs, get a guy who shoots and some energy. He replaces all of what Kessel brings

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am 

If Kessel is hurt, why would they keep playing him?

Geno was hurt, and he sat and healed up

why wouldn't they sit Kessel for a few games?

are we sure he is hurt?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:00 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
This would be the ideal place for Sprong to come up: get some lively legs, get a guy who shoots and some energy. He replaces all of what Kessel brings
Seems to me if he brings half a healthy Kessel, it would be more than what they are getting now. The only thing he brings right now is hockey smarts. Don't know anything about Sprong and what his experience is. . .

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm 

https://twitter.com/C_AdamskiTrib/statu ... 3163027456

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next