It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 4 game comments
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
No one got hurt, but could Oshie be punished after the fact for that?

it was pretty flagrant, but no injury -- maybe a fine - definitely no suspension

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:42 pm 

Craps really missed Wilson -- totally different game without him in the lineup

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:57 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Bwhahahahahaha!!!
Greg Wyshynski

@wyshynski
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom came off the ice, threw his stick in the dressing room hallway and screamed "F— this league” after the game. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 74619898-4

10:07 PM - May 3, 2018

Be still my heart...i love signs of implosion from the opposition.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:30 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Bwhahahahahaha!!!
Greg Wyshynski

@wyshynski
Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom came off the ice, threw his stick in the dressing room hallway and screamed "F— this league” after the game. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 74619898-4

What a load of shit. ZAR is likely done for the year on a hit that was totally unnecessary. I’m all for the contact in hockey but Wilson launching himself upward, when he is already a massive dude, and it is a clear indication that he is trying to cause carnage.

Broken jaw means ZAR might have that thing wired shut and eating from a straw for months. If you can’t see the bullshit in that, like these idiot caps fans, their bridge troll coach, and these dumbfuck teammates of his, well then fuck them all.

Last edited by Orangesteel on Thu May 03, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:30 pm 

If this is another Caps meltdown, it began with the total reversal of the game 2 bullshit goal calls. While this didn't make amends for the league having a heavy hand in deciding game 2, it was nice to see that both goalie interference and whether the puck went in were put into question on the same goal. This time, they got the call right.

The meltdown continued when the Caps took a too many men penalty with a little over a minute left. That's a classic Capitals tactic of not giving your team a chance to win.

After that, Ovechkin got juked out of his jock by Sid, who passed it to Jake for EN goal. Ovechkin kicked the air in frustration. Sid beats Ovy...again.

As this was going on, Oshie got triggered at the situation and, attempting to keep the puck in the zone, launched himself into Letang and began fisticuffs.

On the way into the locker room, Backstrom, one of the quiet betas on the Capitals, was heard saying "Fuck this league!"

I'll put it this way. The Penguins outplayed the Capitals 5v5. The knob slobberers on NBC were too busy talking about the Caps gap control and physicality. Hey guys, they may have been great at both those things, but the problem is they were occurring in the Caps defensive zone. This isn't the best game the Capitals played. They didn't outplay the Penguins. That being said, this was a different type of Capitals game. It was out of their comfort zone in this series and in the history of these two teams. It was an opportunity for them to flip the script on their history. After this series, they could say "We're the Capitals, and we played full team defense and a 2-3 NZT to beat the Penguins. We didn't try to go blow for blow. We didn't try to win by dominating possession. We won by counterattacking and making the most of our chances. We were the underdogs. No one gave us a shot. We proved them wrong"

This was their "moment."
They may have just blown it.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 pm 

Sam Werner

Verified account

@SWernerPG
2h2 hours ago
More Letang on the Oshie hit late: "Obviously they’re desperate, he was trying to forecheck on me. Yeah, it was a high hit, but at the end of the day, I don’t think he went with his elbow to knock me out. It was just an emotional game."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:06 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Bwhahahahahaha!!!
Greg Wyshynski

@wyshynski

What a load of shit. ZAR is likely done for the year on a hit that was totally unnecessary. I’m all for the contact in hockey but Wilson launching himself upward, when he is already a massive dude, and it is a clear indication that he is trying to cause carnage.

Broken jaw means ZAR might have that thing wired shut and eating from a straw for months. If you can’t see the bullshit in that, like these idiot caps fans, their bridge troll coach, and these dumbfuck teammates of his, well then fuck them all.

Are you drinking?

I'm on team Pens.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:09 am 

I know you are Van. I was just building on the tweet you quoted.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:17 am 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
If this is another Caps meltdown, it began with the total reversal of the game 2 bullshit goal calls. While this didn't make amends for the league having a heavy hand in deciding game 2, it was nice to see that both goalie interference and whether the puck went in were put into question on the same goal. This time, they got the call right.

The meltdown continued when the Caps took a too many men penalty with a little over a minute left. That's a classic Capitals tactic of not giving your team a chance to win.

After that, Ovechkin got juked out of his jock by Sid, who passed it to Jake for EN goal. Ovechkin kicked the air in frustration. Sid beats Ovy...again.

As this was going on, Oshie got triggered at the situation and, attempting to keep the puck in the zone, launched himself into Letang and began fisticuffs.

On the way into the locker room, Backstrom, one of the quiet betas on the Capitals, was heard saying "Fuck this league!"

I'll put it this way. The Penguins outplayed the Capitals 5v5. The knob slobberers on NBC were too busy talking about the Caps gap control and physicality. Hey guys, they may have been great at both those things, but the problem is they were occurring in the Caps defensive zone. This isn't the best game the Capitals played. They didn't outplay the Penguins. That being said, this was a different type of Capitals game. It was out of their comfort zone in this series and in the history of these two teams. It was an opportunity for them to flip the script on their history. After this series, they could say "We're the Capitals, and we played full team defense and a 2-3 NZT to beat the Penguins. We didn't try to go blow for blow. We didn't try to win by dominating possession. We won by counterattacking and making the most of our chances. We were the underdogs. No one gave us a shot. We proved them wrong"

This was their "moment."

Well let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:38 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:

This was their "moment."

Well let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet

I think I’ll pass on that at any time.

:shock:

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next