It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
I say no.

Here’s a Hockey News article on Wilson which essentially mirrors the comments Mike Milbury and Keith Jones re: Tom Wilson.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... tom-wilson

I’m going with Wilson won’t be suspended. I’m thinking he wouldn’t have been suspended even if Aston-Reese died.

This is where many in the NHL want the game to be.

Hell...whenever Wilson’s contract is up...the Penguins should make a run for him.

He’s a Reaves that can play.

So my vote is no...we’ll find out shortly, so make your call now.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15791
My vote is no. He will not be suspended.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6054
Caps are headhunting, pens aren't expecting it.

No, he won't get suspended.

Pens better match the physicality or this series is over. Pens have been out checked, out shot, out skated, out everything'd for 3 games. They are lucky to have scored at all. Caps defense is clogging up the middle and the pens have no answer.

It should be 3-0 caps.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4185
NHL Player Safety

@NHLPlayerSafety
Washington’s Tom Wilson will have a hearing today for an illegal check to the head on Pittsburgh’s Zach Aston-Reese.

9:31 AM - May 2, 2018
320
337 people are talking about this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1557
Donnie Brasco wrote:
NHL Player Safety

@NHLPlayerSafety
Washington’s Tom Wilson will have a hearing today for an illegal check to the head on Pittsburgh’s Zach Aston-Reese.

9:31 AM - May 2, 2018
320
337 people are talking about this


In person or over the phone? In person (i think) is a 3 game minimum

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1566
COR-TEN wrote:
Pens better match the physicality or this series is over. Pens have been out checked, out shot, out skated, out everything'd for 3 games. They are lucky to have scored at all. Caps defense is clogging up the middle and the pens have no answer.

It should be 3-0 caps.


That's actually false. They were outshot and outhit in Game 1, but have either been almost completely even or had the advantage in both categories in Games 2 and 3.

Game 3 - Shots even, Hits 52-41 Pens
Game 2 - Shots 33-32 Pens, Hits 33-31 Caps
Game 1 - Shots 34-25 Caps, Hits 44-24 Caps

I personally believe we've played fairly well defensively in our own end. They're not getting a ton of chances when they're setup in our own zone and when they do get chances they're often caused by a bad rebound from Murray. The problem is we've given up WAY too many fast break points off of horrible turnovers and bad line changes, which should theoretically be correctable (although I realize we've been saying that for months now).

And the other difference has been that Holtby has been outplaying Murray by a significant margin. We're getting chances in the offensive zone, they're just not getting behind Holtby enough.

I suspect Sully's adjustment is going to be to have the D-men be less aggressive on the pinching in game 4. If you limit these awful fast break opportunities, I think these games start looking a bit more in our favor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
Donnie Brasco wrote:
NHL Player Safety

@NHLPlayerSafety
Washington’s Tom Wilson will have a hearing today for an illegal check to the head on Pittsburgh’s Zach Aston-Reese.

9:31 AM - May 2, 2018
320
337 people are talking about this


I guess the broken jaw did do it then.

That or they want to make sure this series goes 6-7. 8-)

My question is and always will be...how is it player safety can end up ruling for a suspension, but the officials can huddle on the ice, discuss it and not come up with a five minute major penalty?

I mean...seriously how can they not do that?

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22675
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Pens better match the physicality or this series is over. Pens have been out checked, out shot, out skated, out everything'd for 3 games. They are lucky to have scored at all. Caps defense is clogging up the middle and the pens have no answer.

It should be 3-0 caps.


That's actually false. They were outshot and outhit in Game 1, but have either been almost completely even or had the advantage in both categories in Games 2 and 3.

Game 3 - Shots even, Hits 52-41 Pens
Game 2 - Shots 33-32 Pens, Hits 33-31 Caps
Game 1 - Shots 34-25 Caps, Hits 44-24 Caps

I personally believe we've played fairly well defensively in our own end. They're not getting a ton of chances when they're setup in our own zone and when they do get chances they're often caused by a bad rebound from Murray. The problem is we've given up WAY too many fast break points off of horrible turnovers and bad line changes, which should theoretically be correctable (although I realize we've been saying that for months now).

And the other difference has been that Holtby has been outplaying Murray by a significant margin. We're getting chances in the offensive zone, they're just not getting behind Holtby enough.

I suspect Sully's adjustment is going to be to have the D-men be less aggressive on the pinching in game 4. If you limit these awful fast break opportunities, I think these games start looking a bit more in our favor.


The over-aggressive pinching and poor communication with the forwards while doing it has been a problem all season. It’s been a problem every game this series.

If it hasn’t been corrected by now, I have an issue thinking it will be by Game 4.

Hoping I’m wrong.

I tend to agree with Orange (I think it was Orange) that they’re doing it because they want to generate more offense against Holtby because he’s been so damn good.

That is going to make it hard for them to stop doing it.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6054
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Pens better match the physicality or this series is over. Pens have been out checked, out shot, out skated, out everything'd for 3 games. They are lucky to have scored at all. Caps defense is clogging up the middle and the pens have no answer.

It should be 3-0 caps.


That's actually false. They were outshot and outhit in Game 1, but have either been almost completely even or had the advantage in both categories in Games 2 and 3.

Game 3 - Shots even, Hits 52-41 Pens
Game 2 - Shots 33-32 Pens, Hits 33-31 Caps
Game 1 - Shots 34-25 Caps, Hits 44-24 Caps

I personally believe we've played fairly well defensively in our own end. They're not getting a ton of chances when they're setup in our own zone and when they do get chances they're often caused by a bad rebound from Murray. The problem is we've given up WAY too many fast break points off of horrible turnovers and bad line changes, which should theoretically be correctable (although I realize we've been saying that for months now).

And the other difference has been that Holtby has been outplaying Murray by a significant margin. We're getting chances in the offensive zone, they're just not getting behind Holtby enough.

I suspect Sully's adjustment is going to be to have the D-men be less aggressive on the pinching in game 4. If you limit these awful fast break opportunities, I think these games start looking a bit more in our favor.
Numbers may be accurate, but the quality of chances and the violence of the hits are still won by the caps, imo. They are also skating faster to loose pucks and space.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Place your bets right now re: Wilson suspension
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1566
Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
NHL Player Safety

@NHLPlayerSafety
Washington’s Tom Wilson will have a hearing today for an illegal check to the head on Pittsburgh’s Zach Aston-Reese.

9:31 AM - May 2, 2018
320
337 people are talking about this


I guess the broken jaw did do it then.

That or they want to make sure this series goes 6-7. 8-)

My question is and always will be...how is it player safety can end up ruling for a suspension, but the officials can huddle on the ice, discuss it and not come up with a five minute major penalty?

I mean...seriously how can they not do that?


I mean, if the refs didn't see it, or thought it was shoulder on shoulder, then that's what they saw. You can certainly criticize them for not seeing it correctly, but when you're trying to determine things like that in real time, without the benefit of any replay, with guys who are skating 25 mile per hour, there's going to be missed calls

The department of player safety has the benefit of replay, so it makes sense that they should be able to see things the refs didn't. So in theory, those two things aren't necessarily related. It should be absolutely possible for the refs to miss a call but the department of player safety still suspend a guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group