It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22990
steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -


He launched himself upward...it was intentional.

That said, the hit to Wennberg was worse.

Part of this may be an NHL Safety Committee "make up call".

But as has been pointed out...Wilson has been clocked many times by "enforcer-types".

Hasn't changed his game one bit.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4299
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4299
and don't get me wrong -- I love the suspension in this context - it will have a big impact on the series -- PBI baby - suspend that bitch for 500 games as far as I'm concerned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22990
steel wrote:
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way


Wilson imposes his will because he can actually play.

They don't let just anyone take first line minutes.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4299
Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way


Wilson imposes his will because he can actually play.

They don't let just anyone take first line minutes.


Very true -- We have had no answer for him at all, and he has had a huge impact on this series.

Washington is kinda fucked without Wilson - he has been their most indispensable player after the goalie.

Will be interesting to see how the Craps respond tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4358
steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way


Wilson imposes his will because he can actually play.

They don't let just anyone take first line minutes.



Washington is kinda fucked without Wilson - he has been their most indispensable player after the goalie.

.


Uh I think Ovi and Carlson have been pretty good, so can't agree with this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 879
steel wrote:
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfor6sCws-Q

Maybe this will ease your pain.

Who is "Reece" ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 879
steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -


Holy shit. You're fucking retarded. No way a person actually can be this retarded. I guess they can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4299
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -


Holy shit. You're fucking retarded. No way a person actually can be this retarded. I guess they can.


I would LOVE TO break your fucking jaw like Wilson did to Reece -- you fucking pussy - maybe then we wouldn't need to listen to your arrogant fucking mouth here again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2753
steel wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -


Holy shit. You're fucking retarded. No way a person actually can be this retarded. I guess they can.


I would LOVE TO break your fucking jaw like Wilson did to Reece -- you fucking pussy - maybe then we wouldn't need to listen to your arrogant fucking mouth here again


Guys, take your sandbox battles to PM. Talk hockey and don't drag this forum down like the football forum has been.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group