It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 pm 

steel wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -

Holy shit. You're fucking retarded. No way a person actually can be this retarded. I guess they can.

I would LOVE TO break your fucking jaw like Wilson did to Reece -- you fucking pussy - maybe then we wouldn't need to listen to your arrogant fucking mouth here again

How do you listen to words typed on a message board.
Could you break my jaw, you geriatric yinzer?

Also, looks like low IQ steel is...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:47 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Setting the tone in the modern NHL is about burying the other team with shots and speed.

You have been overlooking the third and fourth lines of the Caps completely in this series. I'll give you Smith-Pelly and maybe Connolly might just be overachieving, but Eller has become nearly the equal of what Marcus Johansson was, with maybe a little bit of Backstrom thrown in there for good measure. With all due respect to Jason Chimera there is a lot more speed and skill on our fourth line w/Chiasson and Vrana than I have ever seen on a Caps roster. I think our offensive depth is as good if not better than last year, and getting Kempny has largely staunched the defensive bleeding this offseason and earlier in the year.

It will be a much different story if Kessel, or god help me Carl Fuckin' Hagelin shows up to the party, or we get an injury on D, but what have your bottom two lines done so far this series? Sullivan has work to do, and not just because Wilson murdered a guy tonight.

Cool, sounds like you are desperate to talk Capitals hockey. Nice attempt to weasel it into a thread about that dumb fuck Tom Wilson’s cheap shot. Start a thread, see who shows up. And really, I don’t agree with anything you just wrote.

Best post of the year!

We are not Steelers fans, We are Pittsburgh fans! Get it?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 am 

It's dumb and short-sighted to criticize a fan of another team who wants to come here and talk actual hockey. This is a Steelers board, and we all have that in common. Talking with other fans who are not talking irrational smack is a decent way to learn something more about your team and the league at large.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:46 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
It's dumb and short-sighted to criticize a fan of another team who wants to come here and talk actual hockey. This is a Steelers board, and we all have that in common. Talking with other fans who are not talking irrational smack is a decent way to learn something more about your team and the league at large.

Agreed. Malba isn't being a dick about things, let him discuss. We go through this shit every year- he's a fellow steelers fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:06 am 

DrMalba wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

It’s not surprising that you — a capitals fan — support or at least seemingly defend Wilson.

Go ahead and find the post where I defended Tom Wilson. Where I said one fucking thing about any of those hits. I'll wait.

Your analysis about my Caps fandom and mental deficiency ill consider, but at this time of year I'll just paraphrase my buddy tunch and say I don't get caught up in results-oriented thinking.

Your inference in the post I commented on suggested a defense of sorts for Wilson. As for your results based analysis...if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Agreed. Malba isn't being a dick about things, let him discuss. We go through this shit every year- he's a fellow steelers fan

I wasn't gonna call anybody out, but a couple turns of phrase here and there contained mildly dickish overtones. Melba is just a little more subtle with his smack than Beth is, which I respect.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Love your passion and opinions B2B but to me this is a Pittsburgh board. I understand if you are from Montana and you chose the Steelers as your team because some loud mouth Dick in school was a Cowboys fan.

If that’s the case keep your hockey affiliations to yourself Or otherwise own the occasional comment - to me this is a Pittsburgh board and I am from the town with the great hockey team. The Caps have become the evil empire with the bullshit they have done over the last few years. I have zero respect for them, their owner or their fans, zero.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:56 am 

I'm good with Malba's posts. He's not a dick about it...at all. One of MY frustrations with this board, honestly, is there's simply not enough hockey talk, which I understand as it's a Steeler site, but I prefer to come here and not frequent the other sites. That there's somebody else talking hockey, and not doing it with a goal of starting shit, I take as a good thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:21 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Love your passion and opinions B2B but to me this is a Pittsburgh board. I understand if you are from Montana and you chose the Steelers as your team because some loud mouth Dick in school was a Cowboys fan.

If that’s the case keep your hockey affiliations to yourself Or otherwise own the occasional comment - to me this is a Pittsburgh board and I am from the town with the great hockey team. The Caps have become the evil empire with the bullshit they have done over the last few years. I have zero respect for them, their owner or their fans, zero.

Born and bred Pittsburgh fan (although I make no distinction between native Pittsburghers and those who adopted Pittsburgh fandom).

I personally have no problems with posters in these threads who are fans of other teams, even IF they are dicks about it...because when the Penguins stomp their asses, we can give them back what they have a thousand fold.

And I think most of the regulars in the hockey threads feel the same way, so I’m not sure where this hostility comes from.

You don’t like Malba’s or Beth’s posts...just skip over them.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:29 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Born and bred Pittsburgh fan (although I make no distinction between native Pittsburghers and those who adopted Pittsburgh fandom).

I personally have no problems with posters in these threads who are fans of other teams, even IF they are dicks about it...because when the Penguins stomp their asses, we can give them back what they have a thousand fold.

And I think most of the regulars in the hockey threads feel the same way, so I’m not sure where this hostility comes from.

You don’t like Malba’s or Beth’s posts...just skip over them.

Did anyone tell him not to post? I personally was just stating he is mentally deficient because he is a Caps fan...I basically said water is wet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next