It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:13 pm 

Post subject: Re: This is how you handle Tom Wilson
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm 

Wilson has gotten his ass kicked more times than a freshman with plastic rimmed glasses and buck teeth and hasn’t change the way he plays a single ounce.

You think Reeves would change that?

Nope.

We’d just have another non-skilled anchor holding us down.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Wilson has gotten his ass kicked more times than a freshman with plastic rimmed glasses and buck teeth and hasn’t change the way he plays a single ounce.

You think Reeves would change that?

Nope.

We’d just have another non-skilled anchor holding us down.

And we’d actually been dishing it out to Wilson the whole game up to that point.

I thought Reaves was going to be better than he was.

I was wrong. Hacksaw was right.

We have only the top line producing any goals. But at least we now have guys who might actually get hot at some point.

Reaves never would have.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:28 pm 

The caps aren’t beating us because of Tom Wilson. The caps are beating us because our goalie is playing like a vagina and our defensemen are slow and stupid.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm 

yea you're right -- Tom Kuhnackle is fucking Sid Crosby compared to Reaves -- we could never sit Tom Fucking Crosby Kuhnackle in favor of Ryan Reaves -- no doubt about that

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
The caps aren’t beating us because of Tom Wilson. The caps are beating us because our goalie is playing like a vagina and our defensemen are slow and stupid.

Wilson sets the tone -- we have no counter punch -- Craps come in here and kick the crap out of us in our own building, sending our guys off the ice, bloody and concussed. And we have no way to punch back.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 pm 

steel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Wilson sets the tone -- we have no counter punch -- Craps come in here and kick the crap out of us in our own building, sending our guys off the ice, bloody and concussed. And we have no way to punch back.

That isn’t our style of hockey. Wilson does this bullshit every spring and the caps haven’t won a fucking thing, and they won’t, because they are shit, and we have dismissed them for years.

Setting the tone in the modern NHL is about burying the other team with shots and speed. Plus, I fully expect Wilson to be suspended next game.

About 3 minutes before dick face scored the game winner Letang almost fucked us because he pinched in uncessesarily leading to a two on one chance. Maata takes a risk even though he’s the slowest player on the ice BY MILES and boom, he gets caught and they win.

I’m the biggest Mike Sullivan fan there is, but if he isn’t in the defensemans ears after Letang got caught then shame on him. With Ovie out there the absolute number one thing you cannot do is have your slowest defenseman pinching on a play. We lost that game on stupidity and Murray practically kicking in Niksanen’s goal.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm 

On defense, we’re being stupid and Murray is ultra soft and in his own head about the glove hand now.

On offense, no one except Crosby, Guentzel, and Hornqvist is showing up right now.

Kessel is useless. Brassard is trying hard, but at some point, try has to become do.

Sheahan is fine, but the rest are garbage.

Too many spectators on the bus...Sid and Jake can’t will them to a threepeat.

The rest of the guys on the bus have to start doing something, or we’re sunk.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
On defense, we’re being stupid and Murray is ultra soft and in his own head about the glove hand now.

On offense, no one except Crosby, Guentzel, and Hornqvist is showing up right now.

Kessel is useless. Brassard is trying hard, but at some point, try has to become do.

Sheahan is fine, but the rest are garbage.

Too many spectators on the bus...Sid and Jake can’t will them to a threepeat.

The rest of the guys on the bus have to start doing something, or we’re sunk.

Geno had a pretty good game. Really unlucky he didn’t score to make it 4-2.

Someone needs to Todd Bertuzzi Tom Wilson. Somehow living in Washington with the worsr fucking politicians in the world, Wilson is the biggest POS in town.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Setting the tone in the modern NHL is about burying the other team with shots and speed.

You have been overlooking the third and fourth lines of the Caps completely in this series. I'll give you Smith-Pelly and maybe Connolly might just be overachieving, but Eller has become nearly the equal of what Marcus Johansson was, with maybe a little bit of Backstrom thrown in there for good measure. With all due respect to Jason Chimera there is a lot more speed and skill on our fourth line w/Chiasson and Vrana than I have ever seen on a Caps roster. I think our offensive depth is as good if not better than last year, and getting Kempny has largely staunched the defensive bleeding this offseason and earlier in the year.

It will be a much different story if Kessel, or god help me Carl Fuckin' Hagelin shows up to the party, or we get an injury on D, but what have your bottom two lines done so far this series? Sullivan has work to do, and not just because Wilson murdered a guy tonight.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 am 

DrMalba wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Setting the tone in the modern NHL is about burying the other team with shots and speed.

You have been overlooking the third and fourth lines of the Caps completely in this series. I'll give you Smith-Pelly and maybe Connolly might just be overachieving, but Eller has become nearly the equal of what Marcus Johansson was, with maybe a little bit of Backstrom thrown in there for good measure. With all due respect to Jason Chimera there is a lot more speed and skill on our fourth line w/Chiasson and Vrana than I have ever seen on a Caps roster. I think our offensive depth is as good if not better than last year, and getting Kempny has largely staunched the defensive bleeding this offseason and earlier in the year.

It will be a much different story if Kessel, or god help me Carl Fuckin' Hagelin shows up to the party, or we get an injury on D, but what have your bottom two lines done so far this series? Sullivan has work to do, and not just because Wilson murdered a guy tonight.

Cool, sounds like you are desperate to talk Capitals hockey. Nice attempt to weasel it into a thread about that dumb fuck Tom Wilson’s cheap shot. Start a thread, see who shows up. And really, I don’t agree with anything you just wrote.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Cool, sounds like you are desperate to talk Capitals hockey..

You're right...since you animals are posting the guy should basically be murdered in his sleep, that the PIM leader in the NHL since 2014 is somehow getting preferential treatment from the league because Mike Milbury equivocates on the hits on the air, and that Ovie and Wilson spend time perfecting dangerous sandwiching maneuvers to take out opposing players. Its insane. And it isn't like the Pens were out there playing pattycakes with him either, you outhit us that game by a significant margin.

But even though I was only responding directly to a piece of what you wrote three posts ago, by all means do continue to put me in my place. It always amuses me when the guy who has literally posted eight times as much as I do perennially reminds me how desperate that I am for engagement.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:23 am 

Caps are intimidating the pens, pure and simple. Pens are playing scared with their heads on a swivel looking for the next deadly hit. They are folding. Should be 3-0 caps.

Kessel must be hurt. He can't even skate it seems, let alone handle the puck. He must've turned it over half a dozen times last night.

Nobody is playing fast, and certainly not matching the physicality. Caps seem to want it more, looking to redeem themselves, playing above their level. They have that extra gear the Pens had last year and the year before that.

My confidence is wavering.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:52 am 

Well it looks like they will suspend him.

Thanks goodness for minor miracles.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Cool, sounds like you are desperate to talk Capitals hockey..

You're right...since you animals are posting the guy should basically be murdered in his sleep, that the PIM leader in the NHL since 2014 is somehow getting preferential treatment from the league because Mike Milbury equivocates on the hits on the air, and that Ovie and Wilson spend time perfecting dangerous sandwiching maneuvers to take out opposing players. Its insane. And it isn't like the Pens were out there playing pattycakes with him either, you outhit us that game by a significant margin.

But even though I was only responding directly to a piece of what you wrote three posts ago, by all means do continue to put me in my place. It always amuses me when the guy who has literally posted eight times as much as I do perennially reminds me how desperate that I am for engagement.

Wilson is a criminal element that will kill someone on the ice if he is not dealt with. It’s not surprising that you — a capitals fan — support or at least seemingly defend Wilson. After all, being a capitals fan is a sign of mental deficiency. So, it follows that you’d support an asinine position; namely that repetive dangerous hits (defended vigoursly by the head coach, upon whom I hope nothing but misfortune) are not part of a systemic plan.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:21 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Caps are intimidating the pens, pure and simple. Pens are playing scared with their heads on a swivel looking for the next deadly hit. They are folding. Should be 3-0 caps.

Kessel must be hurt. He can't even skate it seems, let alone handle the puck. He must've turned it over half a dozen times last night.

Nobody is playing fast, and certainly not matching the physicality. Caps seem to want it more, looking to redeem themselves, playing above their level. They have that extra gear the Pens had last year and the year before that.

My confidence is wavering.

I've been listening on the radio the last two games. The o'l Two Niner is adamant that Phil is playing through an injury. I agree.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:49 pm 

All my children have learned so much this season. Well, there's always that one exception.

I'm so proud of all of you!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:

It’s not surprising that you — a capitals fan — support or at least seemingly defend Wilson.

Go ahead and find the post where I defended Tom Wilson. Where I said one fucking thing about any of those hits. I'll wait.

Your analysis about my Caps fandom and mental deficiency ill consider, but at this time of year I'll just paraphrase my buddy tunch and say I don't get caught up in results-oriented thinking.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 pm 

I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:11 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:

Wilson is a criminal element that will kill someone on the ice if he is not dealt with. It’s not surprising that you — a capitals fan — support or at least seemingly defend Wilson. After all, being a capitals fan is a sign of mental deficiency. So, it follows that you’d support an asinine position; namely that repetive dangerous hits (defended vigoursly by the head coach, upon whom I hope nothing but misfortune) are not part of a systemic plan.

:roll:

I guess you didn't watch NHL hockey in the 70s

I like the hits -- and if you're handling the puck, you are fair game. Keep your head up!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 pm 

steel wrote:
I think the suspension is kinda bullshit, but that's the way the NHL is going. No physical play.

I like the physical element to the game, and I didn't think the hit on Reece was egregiously illegal -- it was a big man running over a smaller man who was handling the puck. I guess he made contact with his head, but definitely didn't look intentional.

He clearly INTENDED TO CRUSH Reece, but it didn't look like he was intentionally head hunting.

NHL is going the way of the NFL and they are trying to legislate the viciousness out of the sport.

I will say again -- the way to deal with guys like Wilson is to fight fire with fire -

He launched himself upward...it was intentional.

That said, the hit to Wennberg was worse.

Part of this may be an NHL Safety Committee "make up call".

But as has been pointed out...Wilson has been clocked many times by "enforcer-types".

Hasn't changed his game one bit.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 pm 

"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 pm 

and don't get me wrong -- I love the suspension in this context - it will have a big impact on the series -- PBI baby - suspend that bitch for 500 games as far as I'm concerned

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

steel wrote:
"enforcer types" don't have any long term impact on the goonery of players -- it is for one game only -- you neutralize Wilson by gooning up on Ovi, Oshie, etc -- eye for an eye

It also affects the "flow" of a playoff series -- a guy like Wilson can impose his will on a team and will do so if there is nothing standing in his way

Wilson imposes his will because he can actually play.

They don't let just anyone take first line minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:

Wilson imposes his will because he can actually play.

They don't let just anyone take first line minutes.

Very true -- We have had no answer for him at all, and he has had a huge impact on this series.

Washington is kinda fucked without Wilson - he has been their most indispensable player after the goalie.

Will be interesting to see how the Craps respond tomorrow.