It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 3 game comments
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 am 

...was different re: home ice, but last year, Pens were facing 2-1 deficit to Ottawa, with must win in Game 4....and WON.

Pens win tomorrow night and series is then a best of three, with Pens having proven they can win on the road.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:10 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
...was different re: home ice, but last year, Pens were facing 2-1 deficit to Ottawa, with must win in Game 4....and WON.

Pens win tomorrow night and series is then a best of three, with Pens having proven they can win on the road.

Yeah, I think they have to win tomorrow night. Really hard to see them winning 3 in a row as somebody pointed out. But this isn't Ottowa, they dug themselves a deep hole here.

Just odd to me that one of the best home teams in the regular has been terrible in the playoffs. What are we like 1-3 at home?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 am 

JJT wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Yeah, I think they have to win tomorrow night. Really hard to see them winning 3 in a row as somebody pointed out. But this isn't Ottowa, they dug themselves a deep hole here.

Just odd to me that one of the best home teams in the regular has been terrible in the playoffs. What are we like 1-3 at home?

Total reversal of regular season fortune.

In the regular season we were excellent at home and shit on the road.

Exact opposite in post-season so far.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:18 am 

JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Pens win next three games. Book it.

What gives you any confidence in that given our shit goaltending and generally shit play. We really should be down 3-0.

Oh I don't know. Back to back Stanley Cups. Confidence in my team's ability. Also, I'm not a bedwetter pussy who only posts when the chips are down.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 am 

Obviously wrote:
JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Pens win next three games. Book it.

What gives you any confidence in that given our shit goaltending and generally shit play. We really should be down 3-0.

Oh I don't know. Back to back Stanley Cups. Confidence in my team's ability. Also, I'm not a bedwetter pussy who only posts when the chips are down.

I have every confidence as well.

But they have to start playing like the team that won back-to-back Stanley Cup championships.

They’re not doing that. Far from it.

Make the other teams fight to get that Cup away from you...don’t surrender it meekly.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Murray’s glove hand looks like an albatross on his neck right now. It’s all he is thinking about and he is still getting beat there regularly. It’s pretty wild to watch, actually.

neither the tying goal nor the winner were about glove hand. He made a pad save on a puck that was probably going wide and it was so wide he didn't get it cleanly and ended up knocking it in. The last one, his defenseman got slew-footed and the remaining defender was too late in choosing a side to defend/taking Ovechkin out of the play.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Watching a replay of the final goal, Wilson gets Maata with a bit of a slew foot, but really a mind numblingly stupid pass to the middle of the ice by Maata.

That shit cannot be happening this deep into the playoffs against a team like WAS. Maata Oleksiak and Dumo were really bad with the turnovers tonight. Dumo played pretty well defensively but these guys just kept coughing the puck up leading mainly to odd man rushes.

Here is what needs to happen IMO:

1. Sullivan should seriously consider starting DeSmith. Murray’s head is a mess.

Which goal was bad? The PP one timer deflected by Rust? The one timer in the middle of the slot? The Ovie 2-1 breakaway?

I think the sole goal you can complain about is the Niskanen shot where Murray got a piece of it even though puck is going wide. Even then, the puck takes a crazy bounce.

^^^THIS^^^

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:12 am 

Murray has to have that 3rd goal (I typed that last game). He just doesn't look confident at all. That one squeaker that dribbled over the line in the first period, the handoff pass to the wrong team. He just looks stoned out there. But how many bad goals has Holtby let in this series? None. That's a big difference from previous years.

The other key difference is the secondary scoring is gone. Brassard Kessel...yea probably both dealing with injuries but there is the difference. No one else except L1 is contributing. Where's Rust? Where's Sheary? Just ONE goal from that group would be huge

Edit- yea totally slew foot on Maata for the GW goal. But refs aren't gonna call it...garbage refs

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Murray has to have that 3rd goal (I typed that last game). He just doesn't look confident at all. That one squeaker that dribbled over the line in the first period, the handoff pass to the wrong team. He just looks stoned out there. But how many bad goals has Holtby let in this series? None. That's a big difference from previous years.

The other key difference is the secondary scoring is gone. Brassard Kessel...yea probably both dealing with injuries but there is the difference. No one else except L1 is contributing. Where's Rust? Where's Sheary? Just ONE goal from that group would be huge

Edit- yea totally slew foot on Maata for the GW goal. But refs aren't gonna call it...garbage refs

Murray's rebound control has been pretty bad all playoffs, especially in this series. It honestly hasn't burned us anywhere near as much as it should have...or could in the future. But it's crazy how many pucks are bouncing off his chest right now. Those are the easy ones. Can't let those pucks back into the wild.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Murray's rebound control has been pretty bad all playoffs, especially in this series. It honestly hasn't burned us anywhere near as much as it should have...or could in the future. But it's crazy how many pucks are bouncing off his chest right now. Those are the easy ones. Can't let those pucks back into the wild.

Could make the argument MM stole Game 1. And with the way the defense (the pinches and the lack of F's covering) he may have to pull 3 more of those W's out of his ass

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next