It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 2 game comments
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:56 pm 

Hosed.

That is all.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 pm 

Steelersfan wrote:
https://deadspin.com/isnt-this-a-goal-it-sure-looks-like-a-goal-1825640338

IIRC, the parallax effect can only happen when the puck is slightly off the ice, right?

Also we have the post as a landmark, which we didn’t have in the Calgary shot.

The puck (in the video especially) seems safely tucked behind the post.

Perhaps B2B or someone expert in filmography can enlighten us.

I get the parallax effect. I refuse to believe that’s the case here...but it would have been nice to have had an unobstructed overhead view, I guess.

Oh well...on to the next game.

I expect Wilson to escape punishment...they’re going to use the fact that Dumo turned to avoid Ovechkin as their excuse...and ignore the (not so) subtle elbow shiver Wilson gave.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm 

Fuck those refs for letting a Capital slash Murray’s pad on that goal.

If that isn’t interference I don’t know what is...

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
Fuck those refs for letting a Capital slash Murray’s pad on that goal.

If that isn’t interference I don’t know what is...

The shit thing about th commentary...While the slash didn't prevent Murray from making the play, it did prevent him from closing the angle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 pm 

Also, one can hope that somehow Ovie's career gets wrecked next game...Caps continue to BS with Tom Wilson and BS hits. Would be very appropriate if Wilson misses a hit on a Pen and nails Ovie.

Also, saw that this isn't the first time this post season that Ovie and Wilson teamed up to hit someone high. Once more, any injury Ovie receives would be karmic justice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 pm 

I'm over it.

My concerns going forward, in no particular order:

*Murray. Makes spectacular saves, but then glove of stone. I know it's been the problem for his entire career, but still...if anything, it appears to be worse.

*An already suspect defense missing Dumo. Malkin and Hagelin can't come back fast enough to make up for Dumo and the weakened defense that comes from his absence...I think he misses at LEAST one game.

*Someone on the other three lines has to start scoring goals. Penguins have scored 32 goals. 53% of them have come from Crosby, Guentzel, and Hornqvist. Hell...44% have come from Sid and Jake. Kessel has one goal. Brassard has one goal. Malkin and Hags have 3 and 2, but who knows when they'll be back? Unacceptable from the other lines. Pick it up guys!

*Figure out the PP without Malkin if you have to go without him a little longer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 am 

Next time someone says the pens get all the calls, you can show them this game

That being said I never ever blame the refs for a loss. There were a multitude of reasons why this team failed today:

1. Lots of passengers on this team, including brassard and kessel. They aren't the only ones faltering but they are here to eat the caps' bottom half of the roster and it's not happening

2. Schultzy needs to get a different batch of sticks. Isn't that like 4 of them in 3 games? Ridiculous

3. Murray needed to have that third goal. I know it's a breakaway but he has to have it

If malkin can't go, jooris has to replace rowney. That fourth line is slow...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Next time someone says the pens get all the calls, you can show them this game

That being said I never ever blame the refs for a loss. There were a multitude of reasons why this team failed today:

1. Lots of passengers on this team, including brassard and kessel. They aren't the only ones faltering but they are here to eat the caps' bottom half of the roster and it's not happening

2. Schultzy needs to get a different batch of sticks. Isn't that like 4 of them in 3 games? Ridiculous

3. Murray needed to have that third goal. I know it's a breakaway but he has to have it

If malkin can't go, jooris has to replace rowney. That fourth line is slow...

Agree 100% on all of this. I said each one tonight watching the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 am 

Parralex effect

https://imgur.com/dat3Zs2

I'd love for someone to tell me where they can clearly see the puck enter the net here? Because if this was ruled a goal the todays was also a goal. Puck is PROBABLY in there but no conclusive evidence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Parralex effect

https://imgur.com/dat3Zs2

I'd love for someone to tell me where they can clearly see the puck enter the net here? Because if this was ruled a goal the todays was also a goal. Puck is PROBABLY in there but no conclusive evidence

put it behind post hidden and try that nhl clip.. ..red harraing bs..wow...that is scary similar in game 2 years ago...home cooking at work in Washington..yesterdays goal looked way more conclusive to me then 2 years ago..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next