It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 2 game comments
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 am 

I'm far more concerned with Wilson getting suspended than either of the calls during the game. The slash was pretty borderline - I'm not surprised it wasn't called. The non-goal is unfortunate, but that happens in hockey. Lots of bodies, sticks, and equipment. It was so close. To call it egregious is just wrong, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am 

The difference is that time the call on the ice was a goal.

Had the call on the ice yesterday been a goal, I'm convinced they would have let it stand.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 am 

stillenigma wrote:
I'm far more concerned with Wilson getting suspended than either of the calls during the game. The slash was pretty borderline - I'm not surprised it wasn't called. The non-goal is unfortunate, but that happens in hockey. Lots of bodies, sticks, and equipment. It was so close. To call it egregious is just wrong, IMO.

I just know Wilson is not getting suspended.

And here's hoping the officials don't still hold petty grudges. Right after the Pens bitched about the non-goal call is when the officials suddenly got whistle-happy after swallowing them the whole game.

That didn't feel like a coincidence to me.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:40 am 

Jeemie wrote:

Had the call on the ice yesterday been a goal, I'm convinced they would have let it stand.

That's a fair point and I can get on board with it.

But riddle me this: how can that ref signal a goal when it's impossible to 1) not only see the puck but 2) to claim it went in?

He had to have x ray vision to see through the goalpost and netting. That's what makes me scratch my head. As an official, you are only told to signal if you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it went in otherwise no goal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am 

It was a goal. It was a slash. It was headhunting.

Clear as day it was a goal imo. No refs called a goal before the whistle. If it were called on the ice, it probably would have stood. But since it was in DC. . .

The slash was pretty blatant. It completely moved Murray out of position, and in a game where nano seconds and millimeters count, he did NOT have enough time to reset. Teams cycle and rotate players just to see a crack an inch wide in defenses and they say he had time to reset? Bullshit.

And wilsons hit was definitely purposeful. He lowered his shoulder aiming for the head. I saw goonery all night. It seems it's part of the caps playbook. Commit penalties and hope the refs look the other way while your in your home rink. But I guess that's part of the deal.

So take away a caps goal, and give the pens theirs back, and its a tie game with 6 or 7 minutes left. Either way, Murray missed two easyish glove saves and the pens need to wake up before the middle of the second period.

Like I said in the game thread, lets hope the calls go the pens way tuesday and malkin is back. Not counting on dumolin, and what the fuck is up with hags?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Like I said in the game thread, lets hope the calls go the pens way tuesday and malkin is back. Not counting on dumolin, and what the fuck is up with hags?

Hags was whacked as hard as Dumo was...maybe even harder.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

But riddle me this: how can that ref signal a goal when it's impossible to 1) not only see the puck but 2) to claim it went in?

He had to have x ray vision to see through the goalpost and netting. That's what makes me scratch my head. As an official, you are only told to signal if you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it went in otherwise no goal.

Oh I agree the ref's call was horrible in that game. I may have even said so at the time.

Was OT and they wanted out of there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Oh I agree the ref's call was horrible in that game. I may have even said so at the time.

Was OT and they wanted out of there.

Yea I don't think they get time and a half :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21