It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 2 game comments
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:27 pm 

I agree on all counts. But yes, it will do wonders for this team to not be down 1-0 more than 90 seconds into a game.

Ovie - Kuznetsov and Oshie. THATS IT. For the love of god get those guys in check and we can win these games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:30 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Yes, the refs were bad. The missed goal huge and the calls making little sense.
But, the Pens set their table in the first by taking it off and they dug themselves a hole.

You can't keep coming up with these slow starts and expect to win a series against a good team. They got away with it against the Flyers but they won't against the Caps.

Let's hope that Dumo can go on Tuesday but I have this feeling that Malkin won't be ready as well as Hags.

Regardless of how a team is playing at any one point, the game shouldn't be altered by the people not playing in it. Period.

+1

This was a pretty valiant comeback effort by the Pens given they were down arguably their top D man due to flagrant head hunting, Guentzel was obviously in some distress, and two key players were absent from the start.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:38 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
But, the Pens set their table in the first by taking it off and they dug themselves a hole.

You can't keep coming up with these slow starts and expect to win a series against a good team. They got away with it against the Flyers but they won't against the Caps.

Let's hope that Dumo can go on Tuesday but I have this feeling that Malkin won't be ready as well as Hags.

What do you think is wrong with Malkin? He practiced fully yesterday, you don't think another 2 days gets him ready to go?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
these assholes on NHL network are discussing this, and NEVER showing the shot of the puck over the line!!

What the FUCK!!!

It won’t be shown again.

Gotta forget it and move on.

Do we have a pic?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:44 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

Regardless of how a team is playing at any one point, the game shouldn't be altered by the people not playing in it. Period.

+1

This was a pretty valiant comeback effort by the Pens given they were down arguably their top D man due to flagrant head hunting, Guentzel was obviously in some distress, and two key players were absent from the start.

Imagine if they came out in the first period the way they finished the game? Might have been a totally different landscape where bad calls had a lesser impact.

I get the anger at the calls-I agree.
The no goal was ludicrous and the refs failed to call the game consistently from period to period.

My anger is on the surface but I will explode if Wilson doesn't get at least a game suspension.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:46 pm 

JJT wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

What do you think is wrong with Malkin? He practiced fully yesterday, you don't think another 2 days gets him ready to go?

Knees are tricky. Malkin usually comes back earlier from injuries then predicted. I'm just basing it on a feeling and what he said yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm 

JJT wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
these assholes on NHL network are discussing this, and NEVER showing the shot of the puck over the line!!

What the FUCK!!!

It won’t be shown again.

Gotta forget it and move on.

Do we have a pic?

I don’t but it will be all over the web.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:44 pm 

https://deadspin.com/isnt-this-a-goal-i ... 1825640338

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:46 pm 

https://mobile.twitter.com/B_Marinacci/ ... 05/photo/1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm 

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/29/pen ... om-wilson/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:56 pm 

Hosed.

That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 pm 

Steelersfan wrote:
https://deadspin.com/isnt-this-a-goal-it-sure-looks-like-a-goal-1825640338

IIRC, the parallax effect can only happen when the puck is slightly off the ice, right?

Also we have the post as a landmark, which we didn’t have in the Calgary shot.

The puck (in the video especially) seems safely tucked behind the post.

Perhaps B2B or someone expert in filmography can enlighten us.

I get the parallax effect. I refuse to believe that’s the case here...but it would have been nice to have had an unobstructed overhead view, I guess.

Oh well...on to the next game.

I expect Wilson to escape punishment...they’re going to use the fact that Dumo turned to avoid Ovechkin as their excuse...and ignore the (not so) subtle elbow shiver Wilson gave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm 

Fuck those refs for letting a Capital slash Murray’s pad on that goal.

If that isn’t interference I don’t know what is...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
Fuck those refs for letting a Capital slash Murray’s pad on that goal.

If that isn’t interference I don’t know what is...

The shit thing about th commentary...While the slash didn't prevent Murray from making the play, it did prevent him from closing the angle.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 pm 

Also, one can hope that somehow Ovie's career gets wrecked next game...Caps continue to BS with Tom Wilson and BS hits. Would be very appropriate if Wilson misses a hit on a Pen and nails Ovie.

Also, saw that this isn't the first time this post season that Ovie and Wilson teamed up to hit someone high. Once more, any injury Ovie receives would be karmic justice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 pm 

I'm over it.

My concerns going forward, in no particular order:

*Murray. Makes spectacular saves, but then glove of stone. I know it's been the problem for his entire career, but still...if anything, it appears to be worse.

*An already suspect defense missing Dumo. Malkin and Hagelin can't come back fast enough to make up for Dumo and the weakened defense that comes from his absence...I think he misses at LEAST one game.

*Someone on the other three lines has to start scoring goals. Penguins have scored 32 goals. 53% of them have come from Crosby, Guentzel, and Hornqvist. Hell...44% have come from Sid and Jake. Kessel has one goal. Brassard has one goal. Malkin and Hags have 3 and 2, but who knows when they'll be back? Unacceptable from the other lines. Pick it up guys!

*Figure out the PP without Malkin if you have to go without him a little longer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 am 

Next time someone says the pens get all the calls, you can show them this game

That being said I never ever blame the refs for a loss. There were a multitude of reasons why this team failed today:

1. Lots of passengers on this team, including brassard and kessel. They aren't the only ones faltering but they are here to eat the caps' bottom half of the roster and it's not happening

2. Schultzy needs to get a different batch of sticks. Isn't that like 4 of them in 3 games? Ridiculous

3. Murray needed to have that third goal. I know it's a breakaway but he has to have it

If malkin can't go, jooris has to replace rowney. That fourth line is slow...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Next time someone says the pens get all the calls, you can show them this game

That being said I never ever blame the refs for a loss. There were a multitude of reasons why this team failed today:

1. Lots of passengers on this team, including brassard and kessel. They aren't the only ones faltering but they are here to eat the caps' bottom half of the roster and it's not happening

2. Schultzy needs to get a different batch of sticks. Isn't that like 4 of them in 3 games? Ridiculous

3. Murray needed to have that third goal. I know it's a breakaway but he has to have it

If malkin can't go, jooris has to replace rowney. That fourth line is slow...

Agree 100% on all of this. I said each one tonight watching the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 am 

Parralex effect

https://imgur.com/dat3Zs2

I'd love for someone to tell me where they can clearly see the puck enter the net here? Because if this was ruled a goal the todays was also a goal. Puck is PROBABLY in there but no conclusive evidence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Parralex effect

https://imgur.com/dat3Zs2

I'd love for someone to tell me where they can clearly see the puck enter the net here? Because if this was ruled a goal the todays was also a goal. Puck is PROBABLY in there but no conclusive evidence

put it behind post hidden and try that nhl clip.. ..red harraing bs..wow...that is scary similar in game 2 years ago...home cooking at work in Washington..yesterdays goal looked way more conclusive to me then 2 years ago..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 am 

I'm far more concerned with Wilson getting suspended than either of the calls during the game. The slash was pretty borderline - I'm not surprised it wasn't called. The non-goal is unfortunate, but that happens in hockey. Lots of bodies, sticks, and equipment. It was so close. To call it egregious is just wrong, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am 

The difference is that time the call on the ice was a goal.

Had the call on the ice yesterday been a goal, I'm convinced they would have let it stand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 am 

stillenigma wrote:
I'm far more concerned with Wilson getting suspended than either of the calls during the game. The slash was pretty borderline - I'm not surprised it wasn't called. The non-goal is unfortunate, but that happens in hockey. Lots of bodies, sticks, and equipment. It was so close. To call it egregious is just wrong, IMO.

I just know Wilson is not getting suspended.

And here's hoping the officials don't still hold petty grudges. Right after the Pens bitched about the non-goal call is when the officials suddenly got whistle-happy after swallowing them the whole game.

That didn't feel like a coincidence to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:40 am 

Jeemie wrote:
The difference is that time the call on the ice was a goal.

Had the call on the ice yesterday been a goal, I'm convinced they would have let it stand.

That's a fair point and I can get on board with it.

But riddle me this: how can that ref signal a goal when it's impossible to 1) not only see the puck but 2) to claim it went in?

He had to have x ray vision to see through the goalpost and netting. That's what makes me scratch my head. As an official, you are only told to signal if you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it went in otherwise no goal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am 

It was a goal. It was a slash. It was headhunting.

Clear as day it was a goal imo. No refs called a goal before the whistle. If it were called on the ice, it probably would have stood. But since it was in DC. . .

The slash was pretty blatant. It completely moved Murray out of position, and in a game where nano seconds and millimeters count, he did NOT have enough time to reset. Teams cycle and rotate players just to see a crack an inch wide in defenses and they say he had time to reset? Bullshit.

And wilsons hit was definitely purposeful. He lowered his shoulder aiming for the head. I saw goonery all night. It seems it's part of the caps playbook. Commit penalties and hope the refs look the other way while your in your home rink. But I guess that's part of the deal.

So take away a caps goal, and give the pens theirs back, and its a tie game with 6 or 7 minutes left. Either way, Murray missed two easyish glove saves and the pens need to wake up before the middle of the second period.

Like I said in the game thread, lets hope the calls go the pens way tuesday and malkin is back. Not counting on dumolin, and what the fuck is up with hags?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next