It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 1 game comments
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm 

Yes but Sid has grown into a very good two-way player...Ovi has not.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

Crosby came out of the fucking womb ready to play that style of game. Ovie is a sniper. I laugh as hard as you guys do when he tries to play defense. At least he tried to give up his body to block the shot, Schultz was just patient and rendered the effort useless.

You want to kill him for shanking the early 2-on-1 in the first, that's another story...that was most definitely an Ovech-choke at the worst possible time. And in retrospect ended up being the difference between OT and Yet Another Crushing Caps Home Playoff Loss(tm).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
So true. reminds me of that meme a few years ago where it literally looked like someone unplugged Ovie’s XBOX controller. That’s how bad he often is in his own zone.

Yeah, about that...

Those are vastly different plays. Two guys playing tic-tac-toe at the goal mouth against one helpless defender vs a play where a single player was making an offensive zone rush against a defender who was in position to seal him off. The D man just got schooled. I'm not saying Crosby wasn't negligent on this play, he might have been, but the OV play was a far more egregious example of an offensive player giving up his defensive duties.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

And Crosby is a legit 200ft player(has been for a long time) and Ovie is not.

#8 can stick handle, pass, take a pass, speed by a defender or run them over and he rarely misses games. We all know about his shot and he is an all-time top 5 goal scorer in league history. What amazes me about his game is that most of his goals are the power variety. Ovie certainly has the skills to find open space, get to his point and make room for himself but he puts it in the net because of his overwhelming shot.
Top notch instincts as well.
His career has been one of the greatest the in the league the past decade.

With all those skills it is a wonder that he hasn't become a good defender. He is good enough to be a defensive nightmare but he is more like a whisper in that respect.

Makes you wonder...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:32 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
[

Yeah, about that...

Those are vastly different plays. Two guys playing tic-tac-toe at the goal mouth against one helpless defender vs a play where a single player was making an offensive zone rush against a defender who was in position to seal him off. The D man just got schooled. I'm not saying Crosby wasn't negligent on this play, he might have been, but the OV play was a far more egregious example of an offensive player giving up his defensive duties.

That was Malkin engaged with the goal scorer and most likely that was on the PP. If so, then it is likely that Malkin was on one point and Crosby was down low or on the half wall meaning that Sid was in chase mode with a lot of ice to make up.
And who knows how long both had been on the ice before this took place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:57 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
That was Malkin engaged with the goal scorer and most likely that was on the PP. If so, then it is likely that Malkin was on one point and Crosby was down low or on the half wall meaning that Sid was in chase mode with a lot of ice to make up.
And who knows how long both had been on the ice before this took place.

Good eye Fractal, it was a SHG. Sid was the guy who turned the puck over to Marleau. Dunno if fatigue played into it, but he was -5 and having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night. Shit happens, even to the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:22 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
So true. reminds me of that meme a few years ago where it literally looked like someone unplugged Ovie’s XBOX controller. That’s how bad he often is in his own zone.

Yeah, about that...

only a CRAPS fan would make this false comparison

COMPLETE BULLSHIT COMPARISON

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:02 pm 

That’s apples to Ovechkins there, Malba, and you know it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18