It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2752
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Sprong time??


Simon will get Hagelin's jersey. Sheahan probably filling Malkin's spot because Sully doesn't want to break up the third line.

Speaking of Sully, I doubt we see Sprong until next year-the coach doesn't trust him(yet, if ever?).

I was really hoping Hagelin would be ready for the series because Washington was on fire on the PP against Columbus.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6255
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1650
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Sprong time??

The guy with 5 points in 26 career NHL games who hasn't been with the club since a brief call up in January? No.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
swissvale72 wrote:
Veritas decides to grace us with his presence re: hockey, and is compelled to take us to task for mixing in some Steeler talk on a website that carries the moniker SteelerFury. The thread's not exactly been hijacked, Veritas....read through and you will find that it's primarily hockey talk. Thanks again though, for offering your two cents.


Swiss my presence has never been associated with any "grace"- usually someones getting knocked out or fired IRL. But thanks for the compliment, I guess.

The problem is I was enjoying the entire thread until---well you know.

Seriously, you sound like my grandmother (may she rest in peace) after someone named Randy didn't pay for the jailhouse collect call charges he owed her. Every chance she got to go in on Randy was a huge eye roll by the rest of us. What made it worse is she was hard of hearing so any mention of candy, dandy, sandy, brandy- was a 30-minute conversation about how Randy still owes her 30 bucks for these non-connected jailhouse collect calls this dude was making. Side note Randy got put in jail for getting beat up pretty badly by a girl high on PCP (he was on probation).

Anyway, we all get it , you and your ilk thinking the sky is falling and its Tomlin's fault- but this is hockey and last time IRC Tomlin doesn't coach this team and any comparisons are metaphorical to keep up this anti-Randy -er Tomlin conversation. Let hockey be hockey bro.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7286
VeritasSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Veritas decides to grace us with his presence re: hockey, and is compelled to take us to task for mixing in some Steeler talk on a website that carries the moniker SteelerFury. The thread's not exactly been hijacked, Veritas....read through and you will find that it's primarily hockey talk. Thanks again though, for offering your two cents.


Swiss my presence has never been associated with any "grace"- usually someones getting knocked out or fired IRL. But thanks for the compliment, I guess.

Seriously, you sound like my grandmother (may she rest in peace) after someone named Randy didnt pay for the jail house collect call charges he owed her. Every chance she got to go in on Randy was a huge eye roll by the rest of us. What made it worst is she was hard of hearing so any mention of candy, dandy, sandy, brandy- was a 30 minute conversation about how Randy still owes her 30 bucks for these non-connected jailhouse collect calls this dude was making. Side note Randy got put in jail for getting beat up pretty badly by a girl high on PCP (he was on probation).

Anyway, we all get it ,you and your ilk thinking the sky is falling and its Tomlin's fault- but this is hockey and last time IRC Tomlin doesn't coach this team and any comparisons are metaphorical to keep up this anti-Randy -er Tomlin conversation. Let hockey be hockey bro.


Thanks for the Randy story, Veritas...made for compelling reading....zzzzzzzz.

Sky's not falling, Veritas....just picking up on the Pens-Steelers comparisons that were already being floated. Look at who runs, who coaches the respective organizations, and tells you all you need to know about why Pens have won two cups in a row and Steelers can't make it back to the Super Bowl.

I'm not so much bitching about the Steelers as much as disinterested this time of year...which I don't give a fuck about the draft when it's the same time as Penguins playoff hockey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1398
COR-TEN wrote:
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

I was wondering the same thing. I know his own stick is what did the damage to his mouth area, as the top half of it got caught between Giroux's shoulder and his face. The ice is what could have caused a concussion. Gotta think it's concussion at this point, no? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1650
COR-TEN wrote:
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

My guess is either broken jaw or busted teeth. It didn't look like he banged his head on the ice, and he popped up to his feet immediately after being hit with no signs of being woozy. The fact that he's already skating is a good sign as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
swissvale72 wrote:
Thanks for the Randy story, Veritas...made for compelling reading....zzzzzzzz.

Sky's not falling, Veritas....just picking up on the Pens-Steelers comparisons that were already being floated. Look at who runs, who coaches the respective organizations, and tells you all you need to know about why Pens have won two cups in a row and Steelers can't make it back to the Super Bowl.

I'm not so much bitching about the Steelers as much as disinterested this time of year...which I don't give a fuck about the draft when it's the same time as Penguins playoff hockey.


There is a quote about those who are easily bored- but I will leave that and the contiuation of the "everyone is doing it" rhetoric to you, for fear of becoming what I hate.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7286
VeritasSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Thanks for the Randy story, Veritas...made for compelling reading....zzzzzzzz.

Sky's not falling, Veritas....just picking up on the Pens-Steelers comparisons that were already being floated. Look at who runs, who coaches the respective organizations, and tells you all you need to know about why Pens have won two cups in a row and Steelers can't make it back to the Super Bowl.

I'm not so much bitching about the Steelers as much as disinterested this time of year...which I don't give a fuck about the draft when it's the same time as Penguins playoff hockey.


There is a quote about those who are easily bored- but I will leave that and the contiuation of the "everyone is doing it" rhetoric to you, for fear of becoming what I hate.


No commentary from me on these topics, Veritas....frankly, I don't know what you're talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6255
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

My guess is either broken jaw or busted teeth. It didn't look like he banged his head on the ice, and he popped up to his feet immediately after being hit with no signs of being woozy. The fact that he's already skating is a good sign as well.
He's skating? Didn't know that. Well that's good news.

I figured it was a jaw or teeth problem, but although he popped up quickly, it looked like he did slam his head on the ice. Maybe not enough to do concussion damage. . .

But he must not be traveling because of a medical scheduling thing.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group