It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Sprong time??

Simon will get Hagelin's jersey. Sheahan probably filling Malkin's spot because Sully doesn't want to break up the third line.

Speaking of Sully, I doubt we see Sprong until next year-the coach doesn't trust him(yet, if ever?).

I was really hoping Hagelin would be ready for the series because Washington was on fire on the PP against Columbus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm 

What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Sprong time??

The guy with 5 points in 26 career NHL games who hasn't been with the club since a brief call up in January? No.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Veritas decides to grace us with his presence re: hockey, and is compelled to take us to task for mixing in some Steeler talk on a website that carries the moniker SteelerFury. The thread's not exactly been hijacked, Veritas....read through and you will find that it's primarily hockey talk. Thanks again though, for offering your two cents.

Swiss my presence has never been associated with any "grace"- usually someones getting knocked out or fired IRL. But thanks for the compliment, I guess.

The problem is I was enjoying the entire thread until---well you know.

Seriously, you sound like my grandmother (may she rest in peace) after someone named Randy didn't pay for the jailhouse collect call charges he owed her. Every chance she got to go in on Randy was a huge eye roll by the rest of us. What made it worse is she was hard of hearing so any mention of candy, dandy, sandy, brandy- was a 30-minute conversation about how Randy still owes her 30 bucks for these non-connected jailhouse collect calls this dude was making. Side note Randy got put in jail for getting beat up pretty badly by a girl high on PCP (he was on probation).

Anyway, we all get it , you and your ilk thinking the sky is falling and its Tomlin's fault- but this is hockey and last time IRC Tomlin doesn't coach this team and any comparisons are metaphorical to keep up this anti-Randy -er Tomlin conversation. Let hockey be hockey bro.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:07 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Veritas decides to grace us with his presence re: hockey, and is compelled to take us to task for mixing in some Steeler talk on a website that carries the moniker SteelerFury. The thread's not exactly been hijacked, Veritas....read through and you will find that it's primarily hockey talk. Thanks again though, for offering your two cents.

Swiss my presence has never been associated with any "grace"- usually someones getting knocked out or fired IRL. But thanks for the compliment, I guess.

Seriously, you sound like my grandmother (may she rest in peace) after someone named Randy didnt pay for the jail house collect call charges he owed her. Every chance she got to go in on Randy was a huge eye roll by the rest of us. What made it worst is she was hard of hearing so any mention of candy, dandy, sandy, brandy- was a 30 minute conversation about how Randy still owes her 30 bucks for these non-connected jailhouse collect calls this dude was making. Side note Randy got put in jail for getting beat up pretty badly by a girl high on PCP (he was on probation).

Anyway, we all get it ,you and your ilk thinking the sky is falling and its Tomlin's fault- but this is hockey and last time IRC Tomlin doesn't coach this team and any comparisons are metaphorical to keep up this anti-Randy -er Tomlin conversation. Let hockey be hockey bro.

Thanks for the Randy story, Veritas...made for compelling reading....zzzzzzzz.

Sky's not falling, Veritas....just picking up on the Pens-Steelers comparisons that were already being floated. Look at who runs, who coaches the respective organizations, and tells you all you need to know about why Pens have won two cups in a row and Steelers can't make it back to the Super Bowl.

I'm not so much bitching about the Steelers as much as disinterested this time of year...which I don't give a fuck about the draft when it's the same time as Penguins playoff hockey.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:18 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

I was wondering the same thing. I know his own stick is what did the damage to his mouth area, as the top half of it got caught between Giroux's shoulder and his face. The ice is what could have caused a concussion. Gotta think it's concussion at this point, no? :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

My guess is either broken jaw or busted teeth. It didn't look like he banged his head on the ice, and he popped up to his feet immediately after being hit with no signs of being woozy. The fact that he's already skating is a good sign as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Sky's not falling, Veritas....just picking up on the Pens-Steelers comparisons that were already being floated. Look at who runs, who coaches the respective organizations, and tells you all you need to know about why Pens have won two cups in a row and Steelers can't make it back to the Super Bowl.

I'm not so much bitching about the Steelers as much as disinterested this time of year...which I don't give a fuck about the draft when it's the same time as Penguins playoff hockey.

There is a quote about those who are easily bored- but I will leave that and the contiuation of the "everyone is doing it" rhetoric to you, for fear of becoming what I hate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

There is a quote about those who are easily bored- but I will leave that and the contiuation of the "everyone is doing it" rhetoric to you, for fear of becoming what I hate.

No commentary from me on these topics, Veritas....frankly, I don't know what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:43 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

My guess is either broken jaw or busted teeth. It didn't look like he banged his head on the ice, and he popped up to his feet immediately after being hit with no signs of being woozy. The fact that he's already skating is a good sign as well.
He's skating? Didn't know that. Well that's good news.

I figured it was a jaw or teeth problem, but although he popped up quickly, it looked like he did slam his head on the ice. Maybe not enough to do concussion damage. . .

But he must not be traveling because of a medical scheduling thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next