It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
I know. It is way more important to Washington. I think if they fall behind in this series they will crumble.
See, I have my doubts about that. It's definitely going to seven games in my mind. Craps had two season ending series to fix that lack of "mettle." I think they are hungrier than ever and without comparison to last year.

There were times in the philly series that the pens looked vulnerable. On multiple occasions. Last year, they didn't as much. At least for me, anyway.

The craps might not be the same team as last year, but then again, neither are the pens.

I guess I'm just trying to manage expectations. . .

Hunger has nothing to do with mettle. You either pass the test or you don't. And until you actually pass the test it is just natural to question whether you can. If the Caps get behind the eight ball you telling me you expect they'll be a poised team ready to stare down adversity? I think they'll start gripping their sticks like they are chocking the life out of them. They will have that 1000 yard stare and wear the "here we go again" faces. It is just like what happens when the Steelers play the Patriots.

As I was saying. How tight do you think the Capitals buttholes are right now?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 pm 

Well boys, maybe it was the law of averages this time. That was an entertaining as hell game and series. No matter what happens next, i know your pain and I'm betting we'll see you again next year. At least now it's an actual rivalry.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:19 am 

DrMalba wrote:
Well boys, maybe it was the law of averages this time. That was an entertaining as hell game and series. No matter what happens next, i know your pain and I'm betting we'll see you again next year. At least now it's an actual rivalry.

I'd like to wish you luck, Malba, but can't do it. I'm a died-in-the-wool poor sport, meaning I can't rest until the team that beat my team is knocked out of the playoffs.

I do understand though, that Caps are now playing with house money, having beaten the Penguins, anything else is gravy.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:51 am 

GO WINNIPEG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8