It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unless a miracle finish, bring on the Capitals again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
What the fuck happened to Haglin? Concussion? Broken jaw? He will be missed on PK and defense.

My guess is either broken jaw or busted teeth. It didn't look like he banged his head on the ice, and he popped up to his feet immediately after being hit with no signs of being woozy. The fact that he's already skating is a good sign as well.
He's skating? Didn't know that. Well that's good news.

I figured it was a jaw or teeth problem, but although he popped up quickly, it looked like he did slam his head on the ice. Maybe not enough to do concussion damage. . .

But he must not be traveling because of a medical scheduling thing.

Was thinking the same thing about that decision, COR. I'm actually pleased that Malkin is traveling with the team, but not really reading much into it. Plenty of room to stretch out on first-class/chartered planes. Did I miss whether or not he's skating with the team?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm 

Both Hags and Malkin skated on their own:

Quote:
Pens Inside Scoop✔
@PensInsideScoop

Malkin and Hagelin skated this morning, but not with the team. That's where their status is -SK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:29 pm 

I don't think there's any way we win game 1 without both malkin and hags

if by some miracle we do win, then the craps are in a heap of trouble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:56 pm 

steel wrote:

Anything can happen in any single game.

Murray may very well go back to playing out of his mind and Holtby may very well go back to remembering that we own real estate in his head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
steel wrote:

Anything can happen in any single game.

Murray may very well go back to playing out of his mind and Holtby may very well go back to remembering that we own real estate in his head.

That's exactly right. Not that we want to lose a player of Malkin's pedigree, but....Sheahan did very well in his stead on Sunday, drawing a ton of accolades, none of the dumb penalties that Malkin seems to take. Both Dominic Simon and Carter Rowney have answered the bell when called upon.

Certainly....would rather have Malkin and Hagelin in the lineup, but reminds me a bit of beating the Caps while Letang was out with a suspension two years ago. No one gave the Pens a chance in that game either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm 

As someone said, you can’t be SH against the Caps and expect to win. Their PP is operating at a high level, with Malkin out ours takes a significant hit.

Watching the Caps lately here is what I see. Stop Ovie, stop Kuznetsov, stop Oshie. They have some tremendous players but the talent level drop off is large on that team.

Oh, and above all, let the Caps try and pull that fancy shit. Shoot the puck and attack the net. I’m looking for guys like Horny, Guentzel and Sheehan to be huge in this series. Grind the goals out and backcheck your asses off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 pm 

^

Just to add to the first part; I’m talking to you Letang. We need you to be tough but we can do without the stupidity. The retaliatory bullshit is going to hurt us big time so leave that bullshit in the locker room.

If I was Sully I’d have a real stern talking to with Letang before game one. WAS will try and bait him in and we all know he rarely keeps his cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm 

hopefully with those 2 important guys out, everyone else steps up their game and plays solid

But we don't need guys like Letang to try to "do too much" to make up for malkin and hags being out- just play your solid 2 way game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:53 pm 

Carter Rowney is not an NHL player, and his best impression of one has come at wing and not center.

That said, Crosby, Sheahan and Brassard isn't a dogshit top three. Add in some timely scoring from the wings, and we can keep the ship afloat for a game offensively.

Defense, goaltending, and especially managing the puck in all three zones will be key.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 pm 

They’re officially out for Game 1, according to Sullivan.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next