It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flyers Game 6 game comments
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 pm 

Pabst wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
On the trip or no trip Couturier definitely added to it trying to get the call.

It came out last night that Couturier was playing on a torn MCL. The main purpose of that ligament is to prevent the knee from buckling inward.

I'm not sure if it was the same knee, but you have to think that was a factor in Couturier not being able to stay on his feet during that collision. He's either taking the impact on that leg, or he's trying to support his full weight on a busted knee. Either way, best of luck staying upright.

I knew of that information before I made my post. I'm sticking with the idea that Couturier embellished.
Have to admit that he was the best player on the ice yesterday even with the damaged knee.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm 

Ice wrote:
Personally awaiting the BethSteel Flyers post-mortem. Most of their fans are content to blame the Mike Johnston-esque coaching of Hakstol, reasonably bad defense, disappearing Voracek, and goaltending, in some order, at this point.

Well to be fair, their goaltending WAS horrid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Ice wrote:
Personally awaiting the BethSteel Flyers post-mortem. Most of their fans are content to blame the Mike Johnston-esque coaching of Hakstol, reasonably bad defense, disappearing Voracek, and goaltending, in some order, at this point.

Well to be fair, their goaltending WAS horrid.

On the flip side, after flashing his post-season form early on, Murray is back to being average, although many times in this series the defense let him down.

But whether you want to blame Murray or the defense, it’s a concern as the playoffs go deeper. It’s still looking like the potential fly in the ointment of us three-peating.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:18 pm 

Murray has been average the past 2 games. The Laughton goal was terrible, the kind that can cost you a series.
I wonder if he isn't playing with a nagging injury because it looks to me like his quickness has been diminished recently.

Pens scored 28 goals in the Philly series and that isn't likely to happen going forward, not with the competition that remains. So Murray better get back to his 'A' game or the three-peat is going to be nearly impossible to pull off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Murray has been average the past 2 games. The Laughton goal was terrible, the kind that can cost you a series.
I wonder if he isn't playing with a nagging injury because it looks to me like his quickness has been diminished recently.

Pens scored 28 goals in the Philly series and that isn't likely to happen going forward, not with the competition that remains. So Murray better get back to his 'A' game or the three-peat is going to be nearly impossible to pull off.

very true...need big time murray back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 pm 

Looks like we will be facing the Caps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14