It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flyers Game 4 game comments
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 pm 

Dumo is turning into a 2-way beast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:31 pm 

Suddenly our defense looks way better than last year, and we lifted the Cup. Hmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Suddenly our defense looks way better than last year, and we lifted the Cup. Hmmm.

Forwards have A LOT to do with that.

And I don’t say that to discredit the defenseman. They’ve been very solid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Speaking of goaltending...Bernier is standing on his head for the Avalanche right now.

Nashville has lived in their zone the entire period.

I'm hoping Nashville gets upset before pens get to them...of course pens must handle their own business..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 am 

bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Speaking of goaltending...Bernier is standing on his head for the Avalanche right now.

I'm hoping Nashville gets upset before pens get to them...of course pens must handle their own business..

There's no easy teams after Philly.

I think we got the easiest first round draw.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 am 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I tend to agree, though I'm supporting the Jackets against the Craps in their series.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am 

Ice wrote:
I tend to agree, though I'm supporting the Jackets against the Craps in their series.
Although the pens did away with the Jackets last year, they put the caps out of their misery twice on their way to successive cup wins. Not sure three's a charm. They will come after pgh with everything they've got. Don't want that series to be the one after a cakewalk.

Flyers boards are dismayed at the lack of energy. They gave up. Pretty much sums it up after watching their post game interviews. They looked shell shocked and flabbergasted. Awestruck even, as they kept repeating that hey, "the pens have crosby and malkin."

As much as the pens haven't had much resistance outside of a few 3-5 minutes stretches, I hope game five is a stronger test and the flyers come out swinging.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:32 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Ice wrote:
Although the pens did away with the Jackets last year, they put the caps out of their misery twice on their way to successive cup wins. Not sure three's a charm. They will come after pgh with everything they've got. Don't want that series to be the one after a cakewalk.

Flyers boards are dismayed at the lack of energy. They gave up. Pretty much sums it up after watching their post game interviews. They looked shell shocked and flabbergasted. Awestruck even, as they kept repeating that hey, "the pens have crosby and malkin."

As much as the pens haven't had much resistance outside of a few 3-5 minutes stretches, I hope game five is a stronger test and the flyers come out swinging.

Yeah. I definitely want to put them away in game 5 to get the extra rest before the next round...but there's a side of me that wonders if dropping the next game wouldn't be so bad just to remind them it's not going to be this easy.

But then again, they're playing for their 3rd Stanley Cup in as many years....they know it's not going to be easy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 am 

Jeemie wrote:

This was a hot Flyers team leading up to the playoffs. Their top line was being argued as the most dangerous line in the league. The Pens have totally neutered them. I don't know if the Flyers are the weakest team in the playoffs or not, but the Pens have a LOT to do with their futility.

I think this team is better top to bottom than either of the past two cup winning teams. The BJs tanked for a reason. I bet Bobrovsky wakes up at night in a cold sweat, asshole puckered with visions of Sid, Malkin, Phil and crew.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Ice wrote:

The Jackets, and their coach, have been leasing space in their collective heads for free to the Pens for quite some time. The Pens have won every regular season contest this year (has been mildly predictive of success against our current opponent). Bobrovsky is their prison boyfriend. They have been playing good hockey as of late, but benefited immensely from the Trotz goalie brainfart (that could definitely get him canned if the Craps go down this series) to build their series lead, and are now likely facing a team, based on that, with a pretty messed up dressing room.

If the Craps, who are overall more talented, without question, and (usually) better coached, can pull through this series, take a collective deep breath and regroup, playing loose with house money, they're by far the more dangerous opponent. Plus, it's always nice when Malba gets to make an appearance on our boards.

Anybody seen Beth, by the way? Should we contact milk carton producers?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:13 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

This was a hot Flyers team leading up to the playoffs. Their top line was being argued as the most dangerous line in the league. The Pens have totally neutered them. I don't know if the Flyers are the weakest team in the playoffs or not, but the Pens have a LOT to do with their futility.

I think this team is better top to bottom than either of the past two cup winning teams. The BJs tanked for a reason. I bet Bobrovsky wakes up at night in a cold sweat, asshole puckered with visions of Sid, Malkin, Phil and crew.

The 1993 Penguins were immensely talented.

They lost to the Islanders in the conference semifinals.

The remaining teams are better than those Islanders were.

I have every confidence the Penguins can repeat.

I’m not taking this dominance of the Flyers as a statement of anything other than I think the Flyers were the weakest team in the field and they don’t match up well with Pittsburgh anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 pm 

The Jackets do not match up with Pittsburgh well.

The Craps have been a more difficult opponent, but not unmanageably so.

The uncertainty, in this playoff format, doesn't start until the Conference Finals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 pm 

Ice wrote:
If the Craps, who are overall more talented, without question, and (usually) better coached, can pull through this series, take a collective deep breath and regroup, playing loose with house money, they're by far the more dangerous opponent.
So we agree the BJ are the preferred opponent for the next round, provided the pens can finish off the flyers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:51 pm 

Not overlooking Philly. Don’t jinx it. But I want no part of Tampa.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:48 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
But then again, they're playing for their 3rd Stanley Cup in as many years....they know it's not going to be easy.
I'm sure they know way more about that than either one of us. :|

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:37 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Not overlooking Philly. Don’t jinx it. But I want no part of Tampa.

Oh, I'm not overlooking Philly. They put it on us pretty good last game at Consol.