It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flyers Game 3 game comments
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:59 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
I think that first 20 minutes yesterday day might have been Murray's best as a Penguin. If he is ordinary we might be looking in through a hole instead of having home ice. Half a dozen outstanding saves.

Crosby only has 2 points on the PP and the rest(5) have come on even ice which is impressive. I loved the play he made on the FO to tool Giroux that led to the goal by Dumolin.

Maata has been on both sides of good and bad play so far in this series. I think Philly is trying to exploit his lack of speed and it almost cost them when Nolan broke from him for the breakaway to start the game. On the other hand, he has been good in the offensive zone getting his shot through on several occasions.

Don't look now but the Caps are in trouble.

Trotz seems to have a knack for making the decisions that kill his team.

I get what Grubauer had been doing this season but Holtby has been a playoff beast any time he doesn't have to play the Penguins. Holtby needed to be the man for this series at least.

How about Bobrovsky?
Dude has been nothing but terrible in the playoffs and now he is keeping his team in there until they can pull it out in OT.
Trotz made a bad decision that might cost him his job.

Orangesteel wrote:
I’ve watched a ton of playoff hockey this past week (nothing better IMO) and here are some of Orange’s initial takes (just my opinion, of course):

2. Vegas is goddamn impressive. MAF is playing WAAAAY better than he was even 2-3 years ago: they have so much speed and just work their asses off up and down the ice. And they are really motivated to keep the magic going. I think they are in a collision course with NASH in what will be an awesome series.

6. Top 5 goals thus far: 1) Forsberg’s magic; 2) Panarin’s OT winner; 3) Crosby mid-air swat; 4) James Neal’s 5-hole tally last night 5) Laine’s snipe in game 1.

I'm starting to think that Bylsma was to blame(in part) for Flowers letdowns in the playoffs. Fleury was better under Sullivan in the playoffs for sure than he was under DB.

Malkin's goal deserves to be in your top 5.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
6. Top 5 goals thus far: 1) Forsberg’s magic; 2) Panarin’s OT winner; 3) Crosby mid-air swat; 4) James Neal’s 5-hole tally last night 5) Laine’s snipe in game 1.

I agree with everything else you just wrote... but no Malkin beating three guys and backhand? That might be the best one of the SCP so far.

That’s right. Top 5 for sure; with or without bias. Let’s swap that with Laine’s goal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

And really, Calvert’s winner last night probably deserves a nod considering he lifted that puck over Holtby with one hand on the stick. Poor Caps 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:41 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
2. Vegas is goddamn impressive. MAF is playing WAAAAY better than he was even 2-3 years ago: they have so much speed and just work their asses off up and down the ice. And they are really motivated to keep the magic going. I think they are in a collision course with NASH in what will be an awesome series.

The Kings were way overrated heading into this series. LA was the trendy upset pick In just about every playoff preview I came across. People seemed to forget that the Kings have done nothing since that 2014 Cup win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

The Kings were way overrated heading into this series. LA was the trendy upset pick In just about every playoff preview I came across. People seemed to forget that the Kings have done nothing since that 2014 Cup win.

Agreed. For all of the love that Doughty gets he sure looked bad on Karlsson’s GWG last night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:37 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
And really, Calvert’s winner last night probably deserves a nod considering he lifted that puck over Holtby with one hand on the stick. Poor Caps 8-)

The whole thing was excellent. Werenski’s play off the boards and shot to set Calvert up was fantastic as well.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am 

Pabst wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

I was one of those people who picked LA :lol:

That was more based on LV trending downward the past 15 games of the season and I thought they'd come crashing down to earth. Figured Quick could handle things (and he has). Just never would have guessed LA would score like a goal per game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:27 pm 

I’m currently just watching that stick save Andersen made last night against the Bruins over and over, and I still can’t believe it.

Holy fucking shit!

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
I’m currently just watching that stick save Andersen made last night against the Bruins over and over, and I still can’t believe it.

Holy fucking shit!

Amazing, but I'm shocked they didn't stop the game to review it... thought there was a possibility the puck crossed the goal line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm 

Hornqvist out game 4 with an upper body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next