It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7202
Cryers tied 1-2 with Isles, Jackets losing 3-1 to Dead Wings....both games end 1st


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2637
swissvale72 wrote:
Cryers tied 1-2 with Isles, Jackets losing 3-1 to Dead Wings....both games end 1st


This is a big night for the Metro and the Pens.
Update Isles 3 Flyers 1-------Motor City 4 Columbus 1

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7202
fractalsteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Cryers tied 1-2 with Isles, Jackets losing 3-1 to Dead Wings....both games end 1st


This is a big night for the Metro and the Pens.
Update Isles 3 Flyers 1-------Motor City 4 Columbus 1


End of 2nd, both games....Isles-4 Flyers-1, Wings-4 Jackets-2

Wings have four goals on 12 shots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7202
Fuck!! Cryers just tied it; Jackets are only down 4-3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22642
Friggin' Jackets just refuse to lose...

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15735
NJ has a real chance at #2, looking good for #3 seed.

Quote:
Corey Masisak @cmasisak22. 9h

If the #NJDevils  win the last 2 games, they are

* Guaranteed no worse than the 1st wild card (that’s the Caps in Rd 1)

* A regulation loss in the CBJ-PIT game by either team from 3rd in the Metro

* Two points dropped by CBJ and PIT from 2nd in the Metro + home ice in Rd 1.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22642
The threepeat is going to be extra sweet simply because of the difficulty level... 8-)

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2637
Tomorrow nights game is huge-GIGANTIC. And the Ottawa game might have huge implications as well.

I'm going to harp on it again, especially if the Pens don't secure some kind of home ice-those games lost in October/November and December might come back to bite this team in the ass.

Hopefully, there is a nice Pens contingency in Columbus tomorrow night.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15735
IF the Pens win in regulation tomorrow, the rest doesn't matter.

Let's start there.

I think the reward for 2nd place in the division... in this ULTRA STUPID NHL playoff system is going to be their kryptonite, NJ. NJ plays two teams with nothing to play for, Columbus plays two great teams with everything on the line. Philly is behind and is even in danger of being caught for the last playoff spot.

If I have to guess...

Philly @ Boston
CBus @ Washington
NJ @ Pittsburgh
Toronto @ Tampa Bay

I guess this format was set up to get some Canadian teams farther along into the playoffs, but it didn't exactly get Toronto an easy draw.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Around the NHL...4.3.18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2637
bradshaw2ben wrote:
IF the Pens win in regulation tomorrow, the rest doesn't matter.

Let's start there.

I think the reward for 2nd place in the division... in this ULTRA STUPID NHL playoff system is going to be their kryptonite, NJ. NJ plays two teams with nothing to play for, Columbus plays two great teams with everything on the line. Philly is behind and is even in danger of being caught for the last playoff spot.

If I have to guess...

Philly @ Boston
CBus @ Washington
NJ @ Pittsburgh
Toronto @ Tampa Bay

I guess this format was set up to get some Canadian teams farther along into the playoffs, but it didn't exactly get Toronto an easy draw.


I get the idea that Jersey is the team we might struggle with early. Most would say that is due to their speed but I believe the difference in the games played b/n the two teams have been Kincaid the tender.
The last two cup runs the Pens have gotten through the 'hot' tender at each juncture.

The team I fear early on is Philly(if we even have a chance to face them) because of that top line. That line is the kind of line that can hot early in a series and before you have a chance to get them figured out/neutralized you might find yourself down a few games in a series.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group