It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4452
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Sheary-Sheehan-Hornqvist line is going to be excellent tonight. I like the sound of that a lot.

Great call!!!!!

This game gave me a lot of hope. I thought they played much better defense as a team and the forechecking was playoff good.

I would like to test Brassard as a wing too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4452
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Pens have got to roll that third line until it can't roll no more. Difference in the game, I thought. Like, I think Broussard has played really well the past few games, but Sheehan has been terrific as the 3rd line center, and it was a big boost tonight.

Agree- he is like another guy when he Centers that 3rd line. I would like to test Brassard on a Wing -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
I know it's gonna sound ridiculous, but something like Broussard as a 4th line C with Simon and ZAR would be pretty freaking good.

Kuhnackl... just... wow. Not good. Carter Rowney and ZAR, even. I think that could work, offensively and defensively.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4421
Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Pens have got to roll that third line until it can't roll no more. Difference in the game, I thought. Like, I think Broussard has played really well the past few games, but Sheehan has been terrific as the 3rd line center, and it was a big boost tonight.

Agree- he is like another guy when he Centers that 3rd line. I would like to test Brassard on a Wing -


Well no surprise YOU look better when you have decent guys around you.
Stick Brassard as the 4C and he's gonna look not great.

4th line is a major problem...they got hemmed in a number of times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2835
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I know it's gonna sound ridiculous, but something like Broussard as a 4th line C with Simon and ZAR would be pretty freaking good.

Kuhnackl... just... wow. Not good. Carter Rowney and ZAR, even. I think that could work, offensively and defensively.



Sullivan and his pets.

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Pens have got to roll that third line until it can't roll no more. Difference in the game, I thought. Like, I think Broussard has played really well the past few games, but Sheehan has been terrific as the 3rd line center, and it was a big boost tonight.

Agree- he is like another guy when he Centers that 3rd line. I would like to test Brassard on a Wing -


Well no surprise YOU look better when you have decent guys around you.
Stick Brassard as the 4C and he's gonna look not great.

4th line is a major problem...they got hemmed in a number of times.


They did get hemmed in especially towards the end of the second period after the Pens started to take over. But they also had some good offensive zone presence.

I think a juggling of lines is needed. Swap Rust and Hagelin for a try. Give Sid another speedy winger.

This might sound crazy but I would like to see a line with Malkin and Brassard. Move Malkin to winger for a few shifts and see what you get.

Anyway, a big win last night.
And they came out to play and they played smart, the wingers were better at supporting the D men and the effort was very good.

And Taylor Hall is the best cherry picker in the league.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16315
While I agree with all of that, fractal, I think Broussard would slow down Geno's roll. Broussard is very methodical, which isn't a bad thing but Geno needs to touch the puck from the center position.

I mean, I wonder why not put three good defensive players on line 4 who are actually good offensively? As you said, Kuhnackl for life, but he's even a problem defensively now. Maybe he needs a little break and would be better after that, because I don't remember him being this bad before.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Posts: 153
bradshaw2ben wrote:
While I agree with all of that, fractal, I think Broussard would slow down Geno's roll. Broussard is very methodical, which isn't a bad thing but Geno needs to touch the puck from the center position.

I mean, I wonder why not put three good defensive players on line 4 who are actually good offensively? As you said, Kuhnackl for life, but he's even a problem defensively now. Maybe he needs a little break and would be better after that, because I don't remember him being this bad before.


I see Geno as a rhythm, timing, "feel" kind of guy and I think he gets out of sync easily with or without changing line mates. But.....when he's in a zone, look out!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group