It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:13 pm 

so; what u guys think of Bucs talent moving forward? bell? looks like Dave Parker hits like Jane Parker. is this guy legit ? marte? shows moments of great potential. lazy and just a guy mostly. Polanco every year is the year. still he slogs thru mini hot streaks and sub par shit. Frazier looks solid at times; average Joe more. Dickerson-most consistent guy this year- time to rid team of him then I suppose. tallion- shows real promise then doesn't. archer -a guy.... cerveli; catcher with concussed head? bad combo. I don't know bout this team of misfits. or what to do with them.. .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 am 

Obviously wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Ice wrote:
The Pirates provided some brief moments of entertainment between the (too soon) ending of the Pens playoff run and the beginning of Steelers camp. That's pretty much what I'm willing to settle for at this point. It's their niche in my Pittsburgh sports universe.

Exactly

Unlike being a Steelers fan (whose fan base reaches far and wide with no necessary ties to da burgh), if you're a Pirates fan you are almost guaranteed to also be a Steelers fan and most likely also a Pens fan. It's pretty hard to get upset about the Buccos when you have the other 2 organizations in contention seemingly every year. They are our loveable losers.

Sorry, I remember when the Buccos were relevant every year in the 70's. There was a tease in the 90's and then a few years back. I see other small market teams being successful using the right strategies. Not this fucking team. Not this fucking owner. Not this fucking management. Loveable losers my ass. They're not the '62 Mets. They're a disgrace. Fuck these clowns. Sure I'll always a Pirates fan, but certainly a disgruntled one.

I remember my dad letting me stay up way past my bedtime to watch that playoff game vs the Braves in '92, when, according to him, Leyland "needed to pull goddamn Drabek, for Chrissakes," and I went to the blackout game against the Reds with the hockey chants. Don't get me wrong, I'm excitable, and I'd love for the Bucs to be better than what they are. I've just accepted that .500 baseball with an exciting pre-dog days upswing is about the best, on average, I can expect.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am 

bam morris wrote:
so; what u guys think of Bucs talent moving forward? bell? looks like Dave Parker hits like Jane Parker. is this guy legit ? marte? shows moments of great potential. lazy and just a guy mostly. Polanco every year is the year. still he slogs thru mini hot streaks and sub par shit. Frazier looks solid at times; average Joe more. Dickerson-most consistent guy this year- time to rid team of him then I suppose. tallion- shows real promise then doesn't. archer -a guy.... cerveli; catcher with concussed head? bad combo. I don't know bout this team of misfits. or what to do with them.. .

Neil Huntington and his scouting and development teams have failed to draft, develop, and retain a bonafide superstar through 11 seasons.

The one player who had the chance to develop into that, Gerrit Cole (a 1st overall pick, so not exactly a difficult draft selection), was traded for peanuts.

There's your answer.

I liked the Archer trade if only because it meant I wouldn't have to suffer through watching two more top prospects bust in this system. Those minnows have a chance now. Or at least Huntington offloaded them when they still had real value and not after they were exposed as busts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 am 

performing like they accepted their fate as below par squad!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am 

and mr freese to the yanks. dude with solid year!! purge! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm 

bam morris wrote:
and mr freese to the yanks. dude with solid year!! purge! :roll:

Hechavarria went to the Yanks.

Freese went to the Dodgers.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 am 

Hurdle is funny though.

“We’re not giving up on this year...just going after it with different players”.

:lol: :lol:

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:11 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Hurdle is funny though.

“We’re not giving up on this year...just going after it with different players”.

Hurdle, if nothing else, is a great company guy... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:17 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Hurdle is funny though.

I don't hate Clint, and every team's fans bitch about their manager, but that's pure Nutting-covering BS. The only thing the 2018 Pirates haven't given up on is the race to challenge Cinci for the NL Central cellar. :cry:

It was certainly a more enjoyable (partial) season than expected, but as others have said, the time has arrived for the annual pivot away from the Buccos to focus on the real Pittsburgh sports activities across the street ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm 

franco>madden wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Hurdle is funny though.

I don't hate Clint, and every team's fans bitch about their manager, but that's pure Nutting-covering BS. The only thing the 2018 Pirates haven't given up on is the race to challenge Cinci for the NL Central cellar. :cry:

It was certainly a more enjoyable (partial) season than expected, but as others have said, the time has arrived for the annual pivot away from the Buccos to focus on the real Pittsburgh sports activities across the street ...

What’s hysterical about Hurdle’s comments is when you juxtapose them with Neal’s...which were ALL about giving up on 2018 and preparing for 2019.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next