It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 am 

In 2018...

Andrew McCutchen
.248, 3 home runs, 14 rbi, .756 OPS.

Corey Dickerson:
.333, 5 home runs, 26 rbi, .888 OPS.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:34 pm 

Bucs with a big 4 run 9th inning rally today to post a 6-5 win over the pale Sox. I’m shocked at how well this team has played so far. I don’t think they have the horses to pull this carriage all season long but they are starting to pique my interest. I’m still a long way from giving Scrooge McDuck any of my hard earned money. If they can get 10 games over .500 I might put moratorium on my wallet protest.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Bucs with a big 4 run 9th inning rally today to post a 6-5 win over the pale Sox. I’m shocked at how well this team has played so far. I don’t think they have the horses to pull this carriage all season long but they are starting to pique my interest. I’m still a long way from giving Scrooge McDuck any of my hard earned money. If they can get 10 games over .500 I might put moratorium on my wallet protest.

I know right!!! I'm stunned the still hanging in there..and the cutch move looks wise too as posted..any jung ho news?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 pm 

really nice win tonite

agree that moving on from Cutch hasn't hurt the team at all

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:10 pm 

BELIEVE!!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 am 

steel wrote:
really nice win tonite

agree that moving on from Cutch hasn't hurt the team at all

I think it was mostly the emotional kick in the nuts to me. That was the guy, despite MVP type numbers, who wanted to stay here and be a Pirate, and put his money where his mouth was. His production was on the downslide, though. If the Steelers or Pens made the move, we likely would have applauded it. The Pirates just don't have the trust capital banked with the fans that those organizations do. Maybe never will.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:48 am 

Despite our building-for-decades Pirates cynicism and the widespread and well-deserved derision of that cheap bastard Nutting, I thought it was nonetheless a great night at PNC tonight.

A wonderful, classy welcome back to town for a truly appreciative Cutch, who made a nice throw from right field to gun down Moran at the plate --- but also great that the Buccos proceeded to clobber Frisco 11 - 2, powered by 4 HRs, a Joltin' Jordy triple, and some lights-out pitching (even that stiff Brault looked (mostly) pretty good 8-) ) thus keeping pace with the rest of the division, who all won tonight.

Not saying the Pirates have the horses, but so far it's shaping up to be one of those years without a clear front-runner, and it might be anyone's crown to take if they can just keep beating the division.

It's a loooong season . . .

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 am 

franco>madden wrote:
(even that stiff Brault looked (mostly) pretty good 8-) ) .

what a lucky fuck too -- he gives up 2 runs/2 hits/2 walks and throws 33 pitches in his only inning and ends up "earning" the Win

but a really good job by the rest of the bullpen to shut down the Giants -- very encouraging

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:24 am 

steel wrote:
franco>madden wrote:

what a lucky fuck too -- he gives up 2 runs/2 hits/2 walks and throws 33 pitches in his only inning and ends up "earning" the Win

but a really good job by the rest of the bullpen to shut down the Giants -- very encouraging

This was just laziness on the official scorer. When a starter fails to go 5 the official scorer has latitude on which reliever to credit the win.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 am 

SteelPro wrote:
steel wrote:
franco>madden wrote:

This was just laziness on the official scorer. When a starter fails to go 5 the official scorer has latitude on which reliever to credit the win.

it wasn't laziness -- I just looked up the name of the official scorer -- Steven Brault Sr

(I'm joking, i'm joking)

absolutely lazy -- official scorer really screwed the pooch on this one

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 49  Next