It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 pm 

They’re not in first right now.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Do you have a problem with the military and our flag?

Nope. Not at all. I don't like it shoved down my throat at every turn, though. I have nothing against patriotism and a healthy respect for the country you live in/ the military that protects it. However, life is more than country and its defense. The more you worship the military and the flag, the more militaristic and jingoistic you become. History has shown as much. This was the basis of nazi Germany and currently, pootin's russia. Besides, this adoration of the armed services has more to do with politics and money than patriotism.

But enough of that. The pirates are in first? How long does anybody think that's gonna last?

A well-reasoned response, COR-TEN. I would add the Soviet Union to your list of bad guys with nationalistic displays. While I know we're polar opposite in the political arena, I must say I agree with you with the over the top displays at sporting events today. For instance, at a recent minor league hockey game I attended, I stood up for not only the National Anthem, but also God Bless America and America the Beautiful before the start of the game. Albeit a different child's choir sang each one so I guess it was an opportunity for them but what was wrong with the good ol' days where the organist would play the anthem and that was it? I, too, am uncomfortable with over the top displays.

As for the Bucs, I am surprised and happy for their decent start, but I have absolutely no confidence they'll be in the running for the division or even a wild card.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am 

spanked by padres...slipping..

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am 

bam morris wrote:
spanked by padres...slipping..

That's what we said when they went into their last tailspin.

We'll see if the Reds are the cure for their latest slump.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:56 pm 

And now the Reds are spanking them 6-1. If I were Taillon, I'd ask for a trade to Houston. It's where Pirate pitchers go to succeed.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 pm 

what a weak sister Polanco is for such a big man..hes like dave parker with a fraction of the production. by now I expected way more from him. id trade his ass for some value or a guy who can bat 260.
looking like the slippage has comrnenced.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:56 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
extending the lead.. getting some breaks!
why the bucs keep wearing these odd green uniforms?? I get for a military salute day but wtf?
I see military worship and wrapping sport in the flag has infected MLB as well. It's not even veterans day or memorial day.

I know NFL ownership is dominated by conservatives, but baseball? I had no idea.

But we live in an alternative universe. The Pirates are in first fucking place?

I disagree.

I would like to see it turned up a few notches.

I think all male attendees with hair longer than the ear lobe with hipster dufus beards should be stopped, frisked and interrogated at military gun point. That goes for fat women with hair shorter than neck length. This should be followed by a pledge of allegiance to the flag and Donald Trump no matter what president is in Office. Then a small military high step parade before the game during the national anthem while all players stand erect on the field saluting.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am 

bam morris wrote:
what a weak sister Polanco is for such a big man..hes like dave parker with a fraction of the production. by now I expected way more from him. id trade his ass for some value or a guy who can bat 260.
looking like the slippage has comrnenced.

We said that during the last slump.

This team is hitting driven. We don't have a stopper in the rotation.

Therefore I expect a lot of multi-game win streaks and then multi-game losing streaks.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
extending the lead.. getting some breaks!
why the bucs keep wearing these odd green uniforms?? I get for a military salute day but wtf?
I see military worship and wrapping sport in the flag has infected MLB as well. It's not even veterans day or memorial day.

I know NFL ownership is dominated by conservatives, but baseball? I had no idea.

But we live in an alternative universe. The Pirates are in first fucking place?

I disagree.

I would like to see it turned up a few notches.

I think all male attendees with hair longer than the ear lobe with hipster dufus beards should be stopped, frisked and interrogated at military gun point. That goes for fat women with hair shorter than neck length. This should be followed by a pledge of allegiance to the flag and Donald Trump no matter what president is in Office. Then a small military high step parade before the game during the national anthem while all players stand erect on the field saluting.

Even a professional might have trouble maintaining an erection through all of that.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:39 am 

I’m glad to see I’m not the only person on these boards with a dirty mind...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 54  Next