It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 am 

and nobody gives a fuck!
The joys of being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan.... :roll:

Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 am 

I'm 45 mins from Detroit and a Tigers fan. Not a snowballs chance in hell this game is played today. Already raining and supposed to rain all day.

Hopefully it's rescheduled for tomorrow.

By the way, both of our teams are going to suck badly this year.

Last edited by Charles Demarr on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am 

and cancelled....

Playing tomorrow now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:56 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
and cancelled....

Playing tomorrow now.

good..at least bucs not a full game outta first already..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
and nobody gives a fuck!
The joys of being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan.... :roll:

Correct.

By the way, anyone wants to do the game threads, be my guest. I'm no longer interested in the Bucs, because the Bucs aren't interested in winning regardless of their propaganda.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:25 pm 

If you'd have told me 30 years ago that in 2018 I would be caring more about the Pens than the Steelers and the Bucs, I would've told you you're insane.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
If you'd have told me 30 years ago that in 2018 I would be caring more about the Pens than the Steelers and the Bucs, I would've told you you're insane.

if u had told me 30-40 years ago the pirates would arguably be the worst team in mlb the next 30-40 years I would of said your one crazy dumbass!! :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 am 

bam morris wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:

if u had told me 30-40 years ago the pirates would arguably be the worst team in mlb the next 30-40 years I would of said your one crazy dumbass!! :?

Yup, crazy but true, my brothers. I can't remember a year I cared less about Opening Day and the upcoming season.

I literally didn't know it was today, though I was vaguely aware it's about that time. Unloading Cutch and Cole in exchange for nothing was the final straw after 4 years of watching this owner allow a legitimate top-tier MLB ballclub disintegrate. Freese and Harrison's comments confirmed that it's as bad on the inside as it looks from out here. Nutting & Co. can shove it where the sun don't shine. Think I'll try out being a Giants fan. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:12 am 

franco>madden wrote:
bam morris wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:

Yup, crazy but true, my brothers. I can't remember a year I cared less about Opening Day and the upcoming season.

I literally didn't know it was today, though I was vaguely aware it's about that time. Unloading Cutch and Cole in exchange for nothing was the final straw after 4 years of watching this owner allow a legitimate top-tier MLB ballclub disintegrate. Freese and Harrison's comments confirmed that it's as bad on the inside as it looks from out here. Nutting & Co. can shove it where the sun don't shine. Think I'll try out being a Giants fan. :evil:

Ditto on the Red Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 pm 

For those who don’t care...the boys are off to a smashing start.

Nova’s walked two and allowed an infield hit to load the bases with none out in the first.

Woo hoo!

Amazingly, Nova got out of it with no runs scored.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
I'm... a Tigers fan.

Suck it, Chuck! Bucs win!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 pm 

Clearly the only missing piece to a Bucs World Series win is the Blackhawks emergency goaltender.

But Nuttig is too cheap to sign him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:27 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
I'm... a Tigers fan.

Preach it, Y-Town!

(Watch . . . now that I've completely given up on these bastards [again], they'll probably go have a great season :o )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:30 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
I'm... a Tigers fan.

:lol: :lol: u know..its difficult..u want pirates to be a winner..but hate the piece of shit owner to benefit..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 pm 

bucs may be no 1 in most offensive measures! what u talkin bout willis? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:36 pm 

Well they'll be undefeated for yet another day, as today's game was postponed and will be made up as part of a day/night DH tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:00 pm 

Sweet! Plus the bonus that Frisco is 2-0 in the young season, hoping to sweep the Trolley-Dodgers ;)

(not sure this 'switching teams' thing is gonna take . . . just feels wrong . . . damn you, Nutting :evil: :lol: )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Well they'll be undefeated for yet another day, as today's game was postponed and will be made up as part of a day/night DH tomorrow.

ya..bummer..i was gonna watch. I think direct has free baseball for a bit.. prob be over by time bucs actually play again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

ya..bummer..i was gonna watch. I think direct has free baseball for a bit.. prob be over by time bucs actually play again.

Once again I have free mlbtv with my TMobile account.

Of course they started offering this the year AFTER the Pirates' last playoff season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Once again I have free mlbtv with my TMobile account.

Of course they started offering this the year AFTER the Pirates' last playoff season.
Not that I'm interested in watching the Pirates (haven't since 1990 when they choked against the braves), but what kind of t-mobile account do you have? Is it with mobile service? Are there any other perks I should know about?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:06 pm 

COR...I have a Simple Choice family plan I signed up for about 6 years ago or so...great ratevwitha a company discount to boot.

To get the freebie, you need to download an app called TMobile Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, TMobile offers a bunch of freebies (discounts on hotels, food, free MLBTV, etc).

Also if you qualify, activate something called Binge On. With Binge On, using MLBTV doesn’t towards my monthly 4G data usage, and many other apps like YouTube, etc count as half usage (if you have unlimited data, this means nothing...if you have above 6 GB of data, then YouTube and these other apps don’t count as 4G data either).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:26 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR...I have a Simple Choice family plan I signed up for about 6 years ago or so...great ratevwitha a company discount to boot.

To get the freebie, you need to download an app called TMobile Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, TMobile offers a bunch of freebies (discounts on hotels, food, free MLBTV, etc).

Also if you qualify, activate something called Binge On. With Binge On, using MLBTV doesn’t towards my monthly 4G data usage, and many other apps like YouTube, etc count as half usage (if you have unlimited data, this means nothing...if you have above 6 GB of data, then YouTube and these other apps don’t count as 4G data either).
Excellent. Thanks. I'm aware of TMobile Tuesdays, but haven't seen any MLBTV perks. I don't check every tuesday, though. But thanks for the heads up on the Binge On and the half usage thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:17 pm 

bucs 2-0 and first place!! 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:49 pm 

bam morris wrote:
bucs 2-0 and first place!! 8-)

3-0!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 pm 

OK...I have to ask.

What the FUCK are those ugly neck collar scarves several of the Pirates have been wearing?

They are fucking hideous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next