It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:32 pm 

The Cubs scored four runs...one per game...in the series...and still won two of them.

Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:15 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The Cubs scored four runs...one per game...in the series...and still won two of them.

Ridiculous.

Good news/bad news in one package...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm 

The Pirates have surreendered five runs in five games...and are in serious jeopardy of being 2-3 in those games.

Unbelieveable offensive slump.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 pm 

What a bunch of dogs...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 am 

1-0 loss again? amazing. what the record? :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:18 am 

Hurdle benched Marte for loafing the day before...
I’m shocked...SHOCKED, I tell ya... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:32 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

shit; they all loaf! I think hurdle loafs too. Polanco loafs around like jogging George Hendrick. and horrible base runner to boot. . time for new leadership.
can't get new owner but at least a new manager might inspire some hustle and smarter play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

shit; they all loaf! I think hurdle loafs too. Polanco loafs around like jogging George Hendrick. and horrible base runner to boot. . time for new leadership.
can't get new owner but at least a new manager might inspire some hustle and smarter play.

I don’t think Polanco loafs. I just think that he’s so long and lanky that he just looks like he’s lumbering around out there. I don’t think he’s a very smart player, however. And you are right about his base running.
Marte is a notorious half ass guy. Always has been. On top of that, a known cheater. Should’ve cut his ass when he got busted. I fucking hate cheaters.
I think most of the guys play and try hard...just a bunch of average players for the most part.
The Pirates FO would never consider firing ole Bubbles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:52 am 

Well now it’s just about whether they can finish above .500 and break this current streak before IT reaches 20 years...

And Archer was injured in his start on Monday, which is why Holmes was brought up, I guess. :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 pm 

my god. what happened to these guys bats? they were scoring at will a few weeks ago and now they are pure shit at the plate. free fall! some boost archer was!! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:55 pm 

bam morris wrote:
my god. what happened to these guys bats? they were scoring at will a few weeks ago and now they are pure shit at the plate. free fall! some boost archer was!! :roll:

They’ve been streaky like that all year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:19 pm 

bam morris wrote:

I'm not going to blame Archer. They're just not that good and played over their heads for a while. We are seeing the true Pirates now.

Steel still not around or is he at the library reading books?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:55 pm 

Obviously wrote:
bam morris wrote:

I'm not going to blame Archer. They're just not that good and played over their heads for a while. We are seeing the true Pirates now.

Steel still not around or is he at the library reading books?

The baseball season is long enough so that your record does truly reflect what quality of team yiu have.

So the Pirates being right around .500 seems just about right.

I’m actually amazed at how good the pitching has been. The hitting has simply fallen off a cliff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:57 am 

The Pirates provided some brief moments of entertainment between the (too soon) ending of the Pens playoff run and the beginning of Steelers camp. That's pretty much what I'm willing to settle for at this point. It's their niche in my Pittsburgh sports universe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:25 pm 

Ice wrote:
The Pirates provided some brief moments of entertainment between the (too soon) ending of the Pens playoff run and the beginning of Steelers camp. That's pretty much what I'm willing to settle for at this point. It's their niche in my Pittsburgh sports universe.

*DingDingDing*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 pm 

Ice wrote:

Exactly

Unlike being a Steelers fan (whose fan base reaches far and wide with no necessary ties to da burgh), if you're a Pirates fan you are almost guaranteed to also be a Steelers fan and most likely also a Pens fan. It's pretty hard to get upset about the Buccos when you have the other 2 organizations in contention seemingly every year. They are our loveable losers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:23 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Ice wrote:

Exactly

Unlike being a Steelers fan (whose fan base reaches far and wide with no necessary ties to da burgh), if you're a Pirates fan you are almost guaranteed to also be a Steelers fan and most likely also a Pens fan. It's pretty hard to get upset about the Buccos when you have the other 2 organizations in contention seemingly every year. They are our loveable losers.

Sorry, I remember when the Buccos were relevant every year in the 70's. There was a tease in the 90's and then a few years back. I see other small market teams being successful using the right strategies. Not this fucking team. Not this fucking owner. Not this fucking management. Loveable losers my ass. They're not the '62 Mets. They're a disgrace. Fuck these clowns. Sure I'll always a Pirates fan, but certainly a disgruntled one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:28 am 

Statistically the 2018 Pirates is the most average team in history....

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/we ... -the-least

Of course this will all be moot as they stumble and bumble down the stretch and win only 5 games in September.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:50 pm 

Just saw this.

No team sticks out...either positively or negatively...as little as the Pirates stick out.

Maybe Steel can think of a trophy for us for that!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:08 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Just saw this.

No team sticks out...either positively or negatively...as little as the Pirates stick out.

Maybe Steel can think of a trophy for us for that!

The Bob Nutting Award!

Not good enough win anything significant, but just good enough to sell a few tickets!

Just be mediocre, baby!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next