It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 pm 

That’s right- leave Joe Musgrove in after he’d thrown 105 pitches on a 95 degree day.

#Hurdled.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:40 pm 

Holy Shit!!!

But first, I was thinking the same thing, Jeems, watching on my phone/tv broadcast --- just turned on the game after church, expecting a letdown day/blowout loss after the previous run of wins, instead find things tied-up in the 8th . . . then the Brews load the bases after the walk . . . my daughter stares at me as I yell "go to the pen, you idiot!" . . . nope, Hurdle leaves Musgrove out there to twist in the heat, sure enough, bases-clearing 3-run hit . . . and as the first 2 Bucs go down meekly in the bottom of the 8th I switch off the game in disgust, another "Hurdled" loss (obviously Clint is far from their biggest problem this year, but still brings back bad memories of those past-season "it's only one game" losses here and there adding up to trapping us into wildcard losses) . . .

Now I just check the MLB Scoreboard and discover a Pirates 7 - 6, comeback win in the 10th to cap a 5-game sweep that knocks the Brewers out of first place . . .

Holy Shit!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 pm 

A five game sweep of the Brewers is a damn good way to go into the all-star break.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:20 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
A five game sweep of the Brewers is a damn good way to go into the all-star break.

It will give warms feelings after the 10+ game losing streak on the other end of the break :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 am 

SteelPro wrote:

It was (I was at the Friday night game...looked like it was the best attended game of the series to me- was loads of fun, even as I felt guilty giving Nutting my money).

However, the team is not fundamentally different from the team that went 9-19 right after it went 12-4 to open the season. Pitching is still a sore spot.

And even with the 6-game win streak...the Pirates are still 9 games out of first and 5.5 games out of a wild card spot.

Maybe the streak will prevent Nut from selling off...maybe not.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:35 pm 

Seven in a row...Steel should be showing up at any time now. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 pm 

haha

it'll go something like

you IDIOTS don't understand-------------the PIRATES are going to the WORLD serieS --------------------I told you that this would happen when they traded for charlie morton

BEST team in baseball

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 pm 

6-0 in the 2nd. Homers by Polanco, Dickerson (5th in 4 games), and Marte, plus an RBI single by Moroff.

The Pirates have smashed 26 home runs in July...most in the bigs.

But this streak has been fueled by some excellent pitching too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 pm 

Now Serpico has just gone yard.

Damn I hope there’s not a reversion to mean any time soon...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 pm 

This is perfect...everyone getting hot just in time to raise their trade value...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 50  Next