It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:24 pm 

FIRST PLACE

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm 

steel wrote:
FIRST PLACE

definitely unexspected..long way till sept but damn.. I woulda bet my truck we be fighting reds for last then the others for 1st by now.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm 

steel wrote:
FIRST PLACE

With a weak lineup.

I am damn near done with Polanco. I would start Osuna in RF, bat him 3rd and leave him there for a while.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 am 

extending the lead.. getting some breaks!
why the bucs keep wearing these odd green uniforms?? I get for a military salute day but wtf?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
steel wrote:
FIRST PLACE

With a weak lineup.

I am damn near done with Polanco. I would start Osuna in RF, bat him 3rd and leave him there for a while.

That weak lineup isn't so weak. They are second in NL in runs scored. As for Polanco his batting average leaves something to be desired, but he also leads the team in home runs, extra base hits, and walks.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 am 

bam morris wrote:
why the bucs keep wearing these odd green uniforms?? I get for a military salute day but wtf?
I see military worship and wrapping sport in the flag has infected MLB as well. It's not even veterans day or memorial day.

I know NFL ownership is dominated by conservatives, but baseball? I had no idea.

But we live in an alternative universe. The Pirates are in first fucking place?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:
I see military worship and wrapping sport in the flag has infected MLB as well. It's not even veterans day or memorial day.

I know NFL ownership is dominated by conservatives, but baseball? I had no idea.

Every Thursday...

"Each Thursday representatives from a designated military organization are honored in a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. In addition, on these dates all proceeds from the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle supports that specific military organization."

https://www.mlb.com/news/pirates-announ ... -265753986

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Do you have a problem with the military and our flag?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:45 pm 

Count the Padres as another team that has the Bucs' numbee.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 pm 

Obviously wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Do you have a problem with the military and our flag?
Nope. Not at all. I don't like it shoved down my throat at every turn, though. I have nothing against patriotism and a healthy respect for the country you live in/ the military that protects it. However, life is more than country and its defense. The more you worship the military and the flag, the more militaristic and jingoistic you become. History has shown as much. This was the basis of nazi Germany and currently, pootin's russia. Besides, this adoration of the armed services has more to do with politics and money than patriotism.

But enough of that. The pirates are in first? How long does anybody think that's gonna last?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 50  Next