It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Devils 3-23-18
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 am 

Where were the weak goals in that game? And that one handed backhand was sick.

Pens got a lot of chances and I thought actually effectively managed the Devils until it was 3-1 on some goals where you just tip your helmet to them.

That loss bothered me less than many. Good to fight back and get the point.

I’m not happy with Sheehan getting 5 min of ice time through halfway in the 3rd. He was playing great hockey before the trade and is rotting away now carrying Kuhnackl.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:39 am 

And thanks for asking- my mom is stable, hanging in there. Nursing home now.

As for beer: understand that I buy about 95% of my for-home alcohol purchases while grocery shopping at trader joe’s, and this is practically the only Trader Joe’s in the world that doesn’t sell alcohol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:27 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
So let me declare that I’m in the Swissvale “I don’t know shit about hockey” club, but is it maybe time to acknowledge that Murray is a pretty average goalie. The guy gives up too much weak ass shit....
Please...someone show me that I’m wrong..

He definitely has his moments, but I don't think any of us can say he hasn't come up strong in the last two playoff runs. Also, he may still be trying to knock off the rust from being out. You may be right, but going to give him a little more time. It's all about the playoffs now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 am 

This definitely doesn't have the feel of the past two seasons, but since Sully hasn't yet lost a playoff series as Pens' coach, I'll keep trusting him to come up with something until the moment he doesn't.

He's earned that.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Where were the weak goals in that game? And that one handed backhand was sick.

Pens got a lot of chances and I thought actually effectively managed the Devils until it was 3-1 on some goals where you just tip your helmet to them.

That loss bothered me less than many. Good to fight back and get the point.

I’m not happy with Sheehan getting 5 min of ice time through halfway in the 3rd. He was playing great hockey before the trade and is rotting away now carrying Kuhnackl.

A lot of the third goal was on Murray-he wandered too far from his net and left it gapingly open.

What concerns me about this team is the lack of consistency. Like I said last night, from period to period you don't know what to expect.
The defensive coverage in transition has been an issue all year even when they were beating teams on a regular basis at Winter's end and before.
Glad to see that Crosby is more engaged the past week-that would go a long way to helping us keep our heads above water.
Don't know about the D corps being physical enough. Olieksiak came in and played really well his first few months. The past 4 weeks he has been average.
Where are all the points from Schultz? He was way better last year.
Letang is the poster child of the inconsistency that plagues this team. I don't think we are going to see the 'old' Letang again.

I believe that Sullivan's strengths are making adjustments in the playoffs. He has a knack for making the right change nearly every time the past two years.

I just hope that we don't get through these last few weeks playing average hockey and killing our chance at any home ice advantage. The way it is we are going to have to be road warriors(something they haven't been this year) to have any chance at winning it all again.
And the PK has to get better but not sure how that happens with the pieces there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm 

Starting to look as though IF there's any home-ice, it will be for first round and that's it....and Pens need to cling to their narrow lead to do that. Yes, can still overtake Washington, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:51 pm 

nows the time to start the cup drive..playing strong and smart.. I hope sully has a switch to engage.. I honestly believe sid has one...hes brilliant in the show! malkin and kessell have been more then solid.. murray can carry us if he gets back in groove..love playoff pens hockey! excitement and drama ..