It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens get Brassard
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:33 pm 

Bruins get Nash ( at a major price) . Pleckanc goes to Toronto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 am 

Cole goes to Columbus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am 

I was listening to Josh Yohe on the DVE morning show this morning and he mentioned that in talking with Rutherford, he came away convinced that he definitely isn't done...at least not if he has anything to say about it.

He got the impression that a depth D-man was very much a priority and wouldn't be afraid to send more picks away to get it. Yohe speculated that Sheary could also be part of a package as he makes $3M and hasn't really done much this year.

Going to be a fun few days, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:49 am 

Turns out, unless you're a big Jeff Jooris fan, they were pretty much done. Wish we could have shored up the bottom pairing on defense a little, but hey, maybe they'll give Ruhwedel a shot next to Oleksiak. Certainly couldn't be any worse than Hunwick was against Florida.

The Lufthansa Heist/Brassard trade parody Benstonium has up is an amusing watch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 am 

Ice wrote:
Turns out, unless you're a big Jeff Jooris fan, they were pretty much done. Wish we could have shored up the bottom pairing on defense a little, but hey, maybe they'll give Ruhwedel a shot next to Oleksiak. Certainly couldn't be any worse than Hunwick was against Florida.

The Lufthansa Heist/Brassard trade parody Benstonium has up is an amusing watch.

I'd have certainly liked another defenseman, but from reading JR's quotes, doesn't seem like there was much of a deal to be made out there.

I'm fine with rolling with what we have. Hunwick is obviously a weak spot, but I think we can overcome that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Ice wrote:

I'd have certainly liked another defenseman, but from reading JR's quotes, doesn't seem like there was much of a deal to be made out there.

I'm fine with rolling with what we have. Hunwick is obviously a weak spot, but I think we can overcome that.

Yes, by sending him to the bench in favor of Ruhwedel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Ice wrote:

Yes, by sending him to the bench in favor of Ruhwedel.

I don't think anyone here would be against that. But if that's our biggest and potentially only significant problem, I think we're in pretty damn good shape.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm 

not much depth on the blue line - esp. in case of injury

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 pm 

Hunwick is a big liability, though, because he's been giving up goals and scoring chances like mad since he's been in there. He's played soft in neutral ice and holding the point. Either he's massively rusty from sitting so much, or he's lost his mojo altogether. You can't afford a weak link that weak, can you? Even Hainsey had his moments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:07 pm 

Hainsey>>>>>Hunwick, not even close, and Hainsey was pretty brutal to watch at times.

Hunwick is The Piece in his last year here, if not a little worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next