It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pens get Brassard
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm 

...for Ian Cole, 2018 first rounder, and goalie Filip Gustavsson.

Not sure I like giving up Cole...but otherwise...damn!

Post subject: Re: Pens get Brassard
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm 

I think Cole's been a little shaky at best this year.

Bold move, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:06 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I think Cole's been a little shaky at best this year.

Bold move, for sure.

I think he started off shaky. But I think he's been pretty solid lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 pm 

I loved Cole and Oleksiak, but I like 2 years of Brassard more. Unless there is another move, looks like Hunwick will be the man on D - I thought he played better the last time I saw him. If Hainsey can come in and make an impact, so can Hunwick-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I loved Cole and Oleksiak, but I like 2 years of Brassard more. Unless there is another move, looks like Hunwick will be the man on D - I thought he played better the last time I saw him. If Hainsey can come in and make an impact, so can Hunwick-

Pretty much where I'm at with it, too.

I felt like our D was finally stabilizing and playing at an efficient enough level to compete for the cup again, so losing Cole does have me a little hesitant.

But the prospect of us finally going 4 deep at center with our sudden depth at wing when Horny comes back (which is supposedly soon) is pretty damn exciting. We just went from 18 points out of our 3rd line center to a guy who has 38 points on a bad team. That's a damn nice upgrade, and I love Sheahan on the 4th line (although not particularly with Reaves there, but whatever).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:31 pm 

Yea I'm bummed giving up Cole as he seemed to settle down. And that means more hunwick (barf) Guss is apparently a high level prospect and some have him pegged as better than Murray

A first is whatever... The pens become the favorites with this move. No one can match the C depth now

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 pm 

My new lines......

Guentzel, Crosby. Horny
Hagelin, Malkin, Rust
Sheary, Brassard, Kessel
ZAR, Sheahan, Rowney

Dumo, Letang
Maata, Schultz
Hunwick, Oleksiak

Murray, Jarry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm 

We won a Cup last year with essentially no one on defense, and guys on D we thought would suck stepped up their game in the postseason.

Center was what was needed, so this was the trade that made the most sense.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:39 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Yea I'm bummed giving up Cole as he seemed to settle down. And that means more hunwick (barf) Guss is apparently a high level prospect and some have him pegged as better than Murray

A first is whatever... The pens become the favorites with this move. No one can match the C depth now

Agree - C depth is incredible. I don’t think they gave up a ton. Rumor is Cole won’t even make it to Ottawa.

Also Hunwick better on the Left side or maybe JR has another small move in play.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

The 1 pick would have been steep a month ago.
Cole is difficult to part with but you have to give to get. I bet we get some veteran depth in the next few days.
Just wish this trade had happened earlier in the week so we got our new piece some time to work with the others.

Suwanee88 wrote:
My new lines......

Guentzel, Crosby. Horny
Hagelin, Malkin, Rust
Sheary, Brassard, Kessel
ZAR, Sheahan, Rowney

Dumo, Letang
Maata, Schultz
Hunwick, Oleksiak

Murray, Jarry

Not a lot of PK'ers there. I'm telling you, once Knuckle is healthy he will be in the lineup. Sully loves him. I know you like ZAR but don't be surprised if he is sent down when Hornqvist is healthy. I'm saying such because that is how I think the organization will handle it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next