It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs BJs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm 

Looking at this team right now, not sure if bringing in another center is really needed, but the playoffs are different. I like where this team is at!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
ZAR!

Dude scores some dirty goals. Love it. He and Horny are gonna be studs in the playoffs.

Agree 100%! They both provide excellent balance to all of our skill forwards. They would be insane to send ZAR down.

Who goes down when Horny and Knuckle come back?
Looking forward to some insight.

Simon in a heartbeat if it’s a decision between ZAR and him - not even bat an eye.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:59 pm 

The bigger question- who are they going to obtain for C depth? Don’t need to screw up this chemistry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:08 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Simon in a heartbeat if it’s a decision between ZAR and him - not even bat an eye.

I mentioned Simon as a possibility but Simon can do more things than ZAR like play on any line and PK. It wasn't that long ago that Simon was the latest 'new pet' with Pens fans. Guys level off.

It's a good problem to have.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:24 pm 

Missed most of the game and only came in for the 3rd.

Score looking about like I expected, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 pm 

Geuntzy just blew one by Bobrovsky. Torts head almost exploded

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm 

Have to be honest-when the Jackets cut it in half I was worried. I know this team has this aura about them. They don't get rattled but after playing basically 5 games in 8 days I was thinking they might not have enough in the tank to get to the end on top.
Big goal
5-2

Jarry has proven that our backup situation at tender is in good shape(along with DeSmith).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:34 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:

It wasn't easy.
They got to Bob early and he wasn't very good the rest of the game.
I'll say this, for a team that has played a lot of hockey recently the Pens don't look tired. Columbus pressed them on occasion and Jarry was very good.

Four days off now-is that good?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

It wasn't easy.
They got to Bob early and he wasn't very good the rest of the game.
I'll say this, for a team that has played a lot of hockey recently the Pens don't look tired. Columbus pressed them on occasion and Jarry was very good.

Four days off now-is that good?

I could just never buy the tired excuse so many fans wanted to buy in before this season. I’ve done a lot of reading and talked to a lot of people about training for long term endurance, and there’s zero reason for me to believe two months wasn’t enough time to physically recover from a long season, barring a more significant injury. I can guarantee you every single guy who wasn’t healing from an injury had returned to their full offseason training regimens a few weeks after the season ended.

Now, the possibility of mental fatigue could be more plausible. Although, one, this team never seemed to have problems staying focused when it mattered. And two, I’m not sure that’s much that difference between two months of mental rest and the usual three.

But, whatever. Only thing that matters is that they’re playing lights out right now and fans are finally buying into the idea that they may just be able to threepeat after all. And that’s literally all I care about.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
The bigger question- who are they going to obtain for C depth? Don’t need to screw up this chemistry.

alancac98 wrote:
Looking at this team right now, not sure if bringing in another center is really needed, but the playoffs are different. I like where this team is at!

The 4th line center is Carter Rowney. He's often injured, terrible defensively, and doesn't have much offense to his game. Coach has been using Crosby/Malkin with a few of the 4th line wingers for quite awhile now. This line average less than 7 minutes a night. Up three goals, the Penguins thought it unnecessary to give much more ice time to Rowney or Reaves. The depth behind Rowney is a prospect who has had exactly 0 games of NHL experience. Center depth is a huge need. You can get center depth and retool the 4th line without ruining the chemistry of the lines that are actually working. The 4th line is an absolute tire fire now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next