It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm 

Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm 

I would imagine he puts a hotel or an airbnb on his card and goes from there. I couldn't imagine it, either, but my reality, and more importantly my bankroll, are very different from his. Plus, dude travels literally all the time. Gotta be used to living out of a suitcase at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:11 pm 

Phaneuf might miss the game due to immigration issues. Little blurb on NHL.com about it.

Anyway, get to watch one of my favorite NHL players tonight-Kopitar. Usually he and Malkin are a great match.

Penguins projected lineup
Zach Aston-Reese -- Sidney Crosby -- Conor Sheary

Carl Hagelin -- Evgeni Malkin -- Bryan Rust

Jake Guentzel -- Riley Sheahan -- Phil Kessel

Dominik Simon -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang

Olli Maatta -- Justin Schultz

Ian Cole -- Jamie Oleksiak

Matt Murray

Tristan Jarry

Scratched: Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hunwick, Teddy Blueger

Injured: Patric Hornqvist (lower body), Tom Kuhnhackl (lower body)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm 

Fantastic... more Rowney and Reaves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.

Ahh, yeah, that could be true. Lucky dog.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm 

Cuthbert is hot. For sure.

Go Pens; keep the points rolling in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm 

So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.

Haha

Brutal to have that puck flutter on Crosby on that 2 on 0 break. This could be a one goal game and that was as good a chance as any

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 pm 

Phil gets it up on the second PP and its a goal. As much net as Quick has allowed so far.