It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1564
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I would imagine he puts a hotel or an airbnb on his card and goes from there. I couldn't imagine it, either, but my reality, and more importantly my bankroll, are very different from his. Plus, dude travels literally all the time. Gotta be used to living out of a suitcase at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2665
Phaneuf might miss the game due to immigration issues. Little blurb on NHL.com about it.

Anyway, get to watch one of my favorite NHL players tonight-Kopitar. Usually he and Malkin are a great match.

Penguins projected lineup
Zach Aston-Reese -- Sidney Crosby -- Conor Sheary

Carl Hagelin -- Evgeni Malkin -- Bryan Rust

Jake Guentzel -- Riley Sheahan -- Phil Kessel

Dominik Simon -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang

Olli Maatta -- Justin Schultz

Ian Cole -- Jamie Oleksiak

Matt Murray

Tristan Jarry

Scratched: Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hunwick, Teddy Blueger

Injured: Patric Hornqvist (lower body), Tom Kuhnhackl (lower body)

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4185
Fantastic... more Rowney and Reaves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1557
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1564
Pabst wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.


Ahh, yeah, that could be true. Lucky dog.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8156
Cuthbert is hot. For sure.

Go Pens; keep the points rolling in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 851
So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8156
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.


Haha

Brutal to have that puck flutter on Crosby on that 2 on 0 break. This could be a one goal game and that was as good a chance as any


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2665
Phil gets it up on the second PP and its a goal. As much net as Quick has allowed so far.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group