It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1523
Good thing I benched Guentzel on my fantasy team :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4146
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Schultz being a beast on the PP!


It's almost like he was born to be a PP QB

Only saw bits and pieces so I can't comment much on ZAR. But if he were to somehow stick, that bodes well for our winger depth

Next up: Kicking Carter fucking Rowney out of the lineup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1530
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Schultz being a beast on the PP!


It's almost like he was born to be a PP QB

Only saw bits and pieces so I can't comment much on ZAR. But if he were to somehow stick, that bodes well for our winger depth

Next up: Kicking Carter fucking Rowney out of the lineup


I wasn't particularly impressed with ZAR in his first few games, but he's definitely improving game by game and could certainly be a force if he keeps it up.

Simon, on the other hand, I've been impressed with every since he initially got called up. Guy has some skill and confidence, for sure.

It's amazing how every year, we get another wave of callups that end up sticking with, and contributing to, a championship caliber team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2638
ZAR has been getting minutes.
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15736
fractalsteel wrote:
ZAR has been getting minutes.
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

Might as well trade him if you're not going to use him. He's still scoring nonstop down at WBS. I don't understand what the issue is when you're so shorthanded that you're playing Reeves quality minutes.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1530
bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
ZAR has been getting minutes.
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

Might as well trade him if you're not going to use him. He's still scoring nonstop down at WBS. I don't understand what the issue is when you're so shorthanded that you're playing Reeves quality minutes.



He's on PDP, aka the Pouliot Development Plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2073
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
ZAR has been getting minutes.
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

Might as well trade him if you're not going to use him. He's still scoring nonstop down at WBS. I don't understand what the issue is when you're so shorthanded that you're playing Reeves quality minutes.



He's on PDP, aka the Pouliot Development Plan.


I don’t know. They aren’t yo yoing him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4190
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, Sully hasn't developed the trust with Sprong to keep him up with the big club for a significant stretch. Whether that's defensive responsibility, or maybe inability to move up and down the lineup/flexibility (just my two best guesses, really), the trust just isn't there. I give the management for at least letting the kid play in WBS instead of eating nachos in Pittsburgh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4146
Ice wrote:
I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, Sully hasn't developed the trust with Sprong to keep him up with the big club for a significant stretch. Whether that's defensive responsibility, or maybe inability to move up and down the lineup/flexibility (just my two best guesses, really), the trust just isn't there. I give the management for at least letting the kid play in WBS instead of eating nachos in Pittsburgh.


Like Bleuger?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4190
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Yup, from this year's squad. If I recall correctly, Pouliot got a heavy dose of it, as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group