Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm 

Good thing I benched Guentzel on my fantasy team :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Schultz being a beast on the PP!

It's almost like he was born to be a PP QB

Only saw bits and pieces so I can't comment much on ZAR. But if he were to somehow stick, that bodes well for our winger depth

Next up: Kicking Carter fucking Rowney out of the lineup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Schultz being a beast on the PP!

It's almost like he was born to be a PP QB

Only saw bits and pieces so I can't comment much on ZAR. But if he were to somehow stick, that bodes well for our winger depth

Next up: Kicking Carter fucking Rowney out of the lineup

I wasn't particularly impressed with ZAR in his first few games, but he's definitely improving game by game and could certainly be a force if he keeps it up.

Simon, on the other hand, I've been impressed with every since he initially got called up. Guy has some skill and confidence, for sure.

It's amazing how every year, we get another wave of callups that end up sticking with, and contributing to, a championship caliber team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am 

ZAR has been getting minutes.
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
He is supposed to be a net front presence though he isn't big. The TV guys keep saying he styles himself after Hornqvist but I haven't seen such. Kid seems to have come alive last night-prior to that he played a bit tentatively IMO.

Simon is the guy who has surprised. So much so that if he continues this kind of progress then Sprong might become a trade piece?

Might as well trade him if you're not going to use him. He's still scoring nonstop down at WBS. I don't understand what the issue is when you're so shorthanded that you're playing Reeves quality minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

Might as well trade him if you're not going to use him. He's still scoring nonstop down at WBS. I don't understand what the issue is when you're so shorthanded that you're playing Reeves quality minutes.

He's on PDP, aka the Pouliot Development Plan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

He's on PDP, aka the Pouliot Development Plan.

I don’t know. They aren’t yo yoing him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 pm 

I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, Sully hasn't developed the trust with Sprong to keep him up with the big club for a significant stretch. Whether that's defensive responsibility, or maybe inability to move up and down the lineup/flexibility (just my two best guesses, really), the trust just isn't there. I give the management for at least letting the kid play in WBS instead of eating nachos in Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm 

Ice wrote:
I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, Sully hasn't developed the trust with Sprong to keep him up with the big club for a significant stretch. Whether that's defensive responsibility, or maybe inability to move up and down the lineup/flexibility (just my two best guesses, really), the trust just isn't there. I give the management for at least letting the kid play in WBS instead of eating nachos in Pittsburgh.

Like Bleuger?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm 

Yup, from this year's squad. If I recall correctly, Pouliot got a heavy dose of it, as well.