It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:24 pm 

I understand your point about the last half(or less) being the most important part of the season. Yet all the games count the same and every year there are a half dozen teams that fail to make the playoffs and I'll wager that a majority of them would kill for different results in Oct/Nov/ Dec.
Look at Tampa last year. Got off really badly and had to make a run at the end. They failed to make it to the tourney by ONE point and they played in the ECF the year prior.

Not to mention that the fans that follow them all year and those 18,000 thousand that show up to every game in Oct/Nov/Dec. They deserve a team that plays hard and tries night in night out.
This edition of the Pens cheated their fans the first half of the year with lousy/lazy play.
I can accept losing close games as long as the effort is there. When your team is consistently losing 5-1/7-2/10-1 etc and they are the defending two time champs they you have a right to get angry and worry.

And it has only been ten games since the Pens turned it around. Prior to that they were floating around .500 and on the playoff cusp.

Do I think the team has turned the corner? Mostly likely but after last nights impressive display and their determination to overcome comeback after comeback by the Caps I want to see how they respond in a difficult place tonight in Jersey.

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Perennial Chokers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am 

I'm making no comments about what I think will happen the rest of the way. Actually I'll make one comment. Simply repeating was hard enough. Threepeating in this day and age is even harder. That's a lot of extra games over three years.

I was simply saying that I wasn't going to overly worry about the Penguins in October.

They're now at least playing at a level where I can reasonably expect they'll be competitive in the postseason.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."