It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Josh Harrison has requested a trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:50 pm 

He knows the deal...he knows what Nutting is doing.

And unless the fans stay away from PNC Park in droves, nothing will change.

Post subject: Re: Josh Harrison has requested a trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm 

I won’t be going anymore
Nor will get any gear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 pm 

They tell you to stick with your team through thick and thin. I tried. Extremely difficult when your team doesn't give a shit about winning or the fans. I am done with this fucking team. I love baseball too much to not watch so looking for a new favorite team. I will always remember fondly the Pirates of my youth.
Fuck Nutting and today's Pirates.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 pm 

So sad. I have no interest in baseball whatsoever, but I do love anything that kicks some energy into this city. My office was located in the Strip District in 2013 when they finally made it back to the playoffs. Walking around that area those couple days was amazing. Everyone was buzzing and wearing their Pirates gear.

Guess we're not going to have one of those days in October for a long, long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
He knows the deal...he knows what Nutting is doing.

And unless the fans stay away from PNC Park in droves, nothing will change.

Actually that may help him even more. If the Pirates lose money it's a capital gains loss, which reduces his federal tax hit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 pm 

This thread is music to my ears. I've been singing the """Protest Ownership""" tune since the year they let the killer B's walk from our "home grown" perennial World Series contending roster.

This ownership has been a travesty & has been taking me & all of you to the cleaners for a long, long time. I haven't bought gear or attended a game for years. This ownership didn't just "take me to the cleaners" this ownership ripped my childhood memories heart out and f*$@&d me with it. I LOVED THE PIRATES more than family and life, growing up. They ripped the Pirates and baseball from my life and being.

They've made my memories of sitting with my Grandfather and Uncle in the first row of right field, feet away from the Great One, (my childhood hero) in Forbes Field and Three Rivers almost inconsequential.

I hope what yinz are saying is true and spreads like wildfire. Protest long and hard. Don't allow a soul to enter that stadium. I would like nothing more than to hear that exactly ZERO fans showed up for opening day. I hope to read in the Post Gazette articles after the ban/strike is over, that any fan, including school trips that attempt to enter the stadium, fear for their safety because of the fans outside the stadium harassing &, protesting anyone trying to enter. Disrespect, bully and belittle any fan you see with gear on or hints at going to a game for a "night out" or looking for something to do.

Threaten ownership's life, trash his yard & house. Chase his ass down the street. This may sound harsh. But that's how I feel about what they did to me & our team. They stole from me!

I've read threads here for years now, and at times was pissed at the devotion some here still showed. I felt the devotion of some of the diehard Bucco fans did nothing but prolong my heartache.
I'm hoping the hate and ban being talked about is real. Nobody shows, nobody cares, ownership will feel it. To hell with his capital gains loss and his lower tax bill. Run his ass outta-taun. Make him an outcast and scared to show his face.