It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:24 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
The Pirates have traded for Rays SS Adeiny Hechavarria...could this be the end for Serpico?

It better be.

thing with Serpico that pisses me. he fields like shit besides hitting like Bambi.. and it blows my mind he seems to have a spot in lineup all the fucking time. misplaying in field and hitting like shit. its odd and crazy. can't tell me Bucs have no better option some place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 pm 

Gadzooks, this team :? . . . last night nothing; tonight, 10 runs and a complete game W for Taillon --

I think I'll be happier just enjoying the Pirate wins when they happen and quit looking at the "standings" and dreaming of the postseason, because the Cubastards have shifted into gear now and I don't think they're coming back down anytime soon. I don't see the Buccos getting over that 'Hurdle' of being world-beaters one night and pissing away games the next . . . but they sure do have some firepower, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 am 

franco>madden wrote:
Gadzooks, this team :? . . . last night nothing; tonight, 10 runs and a complete game W for Taillon --

I think I'll be happier just enjoying the Pirate wins when they happen and quit looking at the "standings" and dreaming of the postseason, because the Cubastards have shifted into gear now and I don't think they're coming back down anytime soon. I don't see the Buccos getting over that 'Hurdle' of being world-beaters one night and pissing away games the next . . . but they sure do have some firepower, though.

It was always a pipe dream...too many teams to chase for the WC and the pitching is still the Achilles.

Still...3-3 through this slate of games with contenders...that won’t cut it, but at least it isn’t so horrible it’s doomed them already.

We’ll know for sure by August 31.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am 

franco>madden wrote:

Too many teams to jump in both the division and “play in” game races. It could be done, but it’s a very long shot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm 

Crick is suddenly looking very hittable.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:10 pm 

Polanco was completely brain-dead there.

Thank God he didn’t catch that foul ball...would have been 4-4 easily.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 pm 

Frazier is going to play his way into the lineup regularly if he can keep fielding the way he has.

Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am 

bats back . feast or famine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:20 pm 

I know we need to get Frazier ABs, but at the expense of Polanco?

Seriously, Hurdle?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 pm 

Rest metrics killing us again.

Hurdle started Holmes to give the starting five an extra day of rest.

Holmes has got nothing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next