It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flyers game 5 game comments
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
It’s just weird that they’ve given up 9 goals at home when they dominated in Philly. Bizarre.

Agree - it’s like they go to sleep - Malkins line did for sure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:12 pm 

If Horny is out I’d put ZAR on SIDS line

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 pm 

And really, Murray not covering up that short handed chance was crap too. Gotta finish bad teams off.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 am 

Wow...so at least the Pens didn’t blow it tonight like Nashville did. Colorado is a really good team though; not on the same level as Philly.

Pens really blew it tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:12 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Wow...so at least the Pens didn’t blow it tonight like Nashville did. Colorado is a really good team though; not on the same level as Philly.

Pens really blew it tonight.

Blew what, exactly? Last I checked, the Flyers still need to win 2 straight games against a team that’s crushed them 3 out of 5 games.

They lost a game against a desperate team. It happens.

I don’t see a need to be so damn dramatic about it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:28 am 

Ok. Cool. They still blew a great opportunity to end the series and get Horny healthy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Ok. Cool. They still blew a great opportunity to end the series and get Horny healthy.

agree..that was such a winnable game..so many chances. so many missed shots. and that weak play by murray shorthanded was the turning point..as coach t says ill tip my hat if u will to the philly goal keep :P . bastard was good and fortunate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 am 

bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

agree..that was such a winnable game..so many chances. so many missed shots. and that weak play by murray shorthanded was the turning point..as coach t says ill tip my hat if u will to the philly goal keep :P . bastard was good and fortunate.
Yup. They had multiple chances to bury them and the puck just didn't find the back of the net. And it wasn't because their goalie was standing on his head. He was average to decent. I saw a bunch of shots that were inches off. And one of the flyers goals was deflected by a pens player.

But they were a lackadaisical ho hum bunch, and murry got stupid/they got lucky with the short handed goal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:21 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:

Blew what, exactly? Last I checked, the Flyers still need to win 2 straight games against a team that’s crushed them 3 out of 5 games.

They lost a game against a desperate team. It happens.

I don’t see a need to be so damn dramatic about it.

This is where I'm at.
Give the Flyers some credit, they came to play and it took the Pens a period and some to match it.

I thought the D played pretty good as a group and that includes Letang. The forwards weren't good at support in their own end in the first period.
On the Giroux goal they left the slot wide open. Dumo tried to get back but was late. Pens had too many players below the goal line on that one.
Go back and watch the goal, Crosby and Simon both were not engaged on that quick play. Both of them were floating along the boards.
After Rust tied it up the Pens found their game, built a lead and if they could have gotten that third goal I'm pretty sure they end the series.

The shortie was killer. Lots to blame on that one.
Notice that the Flyers are attacking the Pens on the perimeter on the PP? Hornqvist solves that problem. But if he is out the solution is to move the puck more quickly and don't have players standing still. Move the puck and move the players around.

Pens lost on fluky shit last night. A shortie that was bad and shouldn't have happened and a freak goal that bounced off Dumo to basically end it at the end of the third period.

First ten minutes should be very interesting tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:01 pm 

Agreed good post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next