It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matt Murray out indefinitely for personal reasons
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 pm 

well dude has tasted success in goal at his young age and career like no other.. I wonder if alcohol is his demon? I'm purely speculating..and guessing..maybe sick family member? no idea his personal situation..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
stillthere wrote:
Totally random question but if he misses enough time and comes back for the playoffs would he still be considered a rookie again? Like if we get into the playoffs and win a 3rd straight could he be a 3 time rookie Stanley Cup Champion goaltender?

No, you can only be in contention for the Calder once

No. I mean last year he was a rookie in the playoffs again because he had not accrued enough games to be considered more than a rookie even though he won a cup the year before with Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Something is wrong with Murray. Be it physical or mental he isn't the same player he was the past 2 seasons.
His compete level has waned the past few weeks and he looks sluggish and out of touch far too often.

Hopefully a few weeks away 'from it all' is the cure to his recent woes.

This isn't the first time an NHL goalie has taken some time off for personal reasons and it's a way for them to mentally reset. I'm praying for Murray's family this is indeed the case

Thankfully when other goalies have taken this break they've come back with improved results

No doubt-is there a more fragile(mental) position in the big 4 professional sports?
Time away is what's best for him, then let it happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm 

bam morris wrote:
well dude has tasted success in goal at his young age and career like no other.. I wonder if alcohol is his demon? I'm purely speculating..and guessing..maybe sick family member? no idea his personal situation..

Again I'd put money on it being a mental break

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Again I'd put money on it being a mental break

I don’t know. That seems like a stretch. His last outing was a relief win in which he saved the game by stopping a penalty shot in the final minute. Then he had a week off to just sit back and relax. Maybe he got his ass in trouble on his days off. I’m betting it is just family issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 am 

A mental break? As in the franchise is OK footing the bill while a guy takes a few weeks off to figure shit out?

Is it his broad perhaps? Maybe she was pregnant and lost the kid or something?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 am 

Hockey players arent football players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
A mental break? As in the franchise is OK footing the bill while a guy takes a few weeks off to figure shit out?

No one knows... It's just me speculating. I'm pointing out that goalies taking a break mid season isn't completely unprecedented. And these breaks usually are a week or so

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am 

If they are saying personal reasons then that is what it is. Shit, sometimes you need a break, sometimes stuff is just not going your way. Think of all the random shit you have ever had to put up with for no good reason. The exception being it was a Tuesday or Sunday at 5am.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:35 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

No one knows... It's just me speculating. I'm pointing out that goalies taking a break mid season isn't completely unprecedented. And these breaks usually are a week or so

Yeah I don’t disagree, I am just wondering what the issue is. He’s played poorly, but hasn’t been horrendous. A goalie’s psyche is so delicate, but the dude has won back to back cups.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next