It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heismock
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm 

2T.) Baker Mayfield 6’1 215 QB Oklahoma- Do I think the Steelers will draft Mayfield? Probaby Not. Did I just watch the Heisman Trophy presentation? Yes. The award doesn’t have near the prestige it once did, but I still enjoy it...Billy Sims not withstanding. STFU! STFU!

2.) Bryce Love 5’10 191 RB Stanford- Deserved to win the Heisman. I REALLY like this kid. Freaking warrior. I hope Leveon Bell is back with the Steelers, but if Colbert feels he can best spend that money elsewhere I say bring in this high character winner to stabilize the backfield. Future pediatrician. “Dr. Love” I dig.

3T.) Tremaine Edmunds 6’5 236 ILB Virginia Tech- Tall ‘sum bitch that can really run and chase. Perhaps with some tutelage, this kid can become a unique playmaker in the middle to help make up for the potential loss of Shazier. Get well soon, Ryan.

3.) Terrell Edmunds 6’2 210 S Virginia Tech- May as well keep it in the family. Tough ‘sum bitch that battled through a shoulder injury all season before electing to have surgery last month. A Mike Mitchell replacement must be found this offseason.

5T.) Kameron Kelly 6’2 195 CB San Diego St- More size for the secondary. Having lived at Pacific Beach, I have a soft spot for the Aztecs. Time to put Artie on notice.

5.) Dalton Schultz 6’5 240 TE Stanford- The Cardinal have sent their share of TE’s to the NFL of late. I still think the Steelers missed the boat not drafting a tight end in a loaded class this past year, but I’m guessing they’ll try to right a wrong this offseason.

7T) Davin Bellamy 6’4 245 OLB Georgia- NFL draft scout (Guessing that’s Rob Rang) has Bellamy ranked as a 7th rounder??? Weak sauce, dudes. This kid is a solid ball player who can apply pressure to qbs on the rare occasion Kirby blitzes. I’m not a fan of Bud Dupree. I won’t be at all shocked if another high pick is burned on a pass rusher.

7.) Brett Toth 6’6 300 OT Army- Yes, in addition to the Heisman Trophy award, I still enjoy watching the Army/Navy game. Anyway, Toth is a member of the M.O.B, The Malicious Offensive Line Brotherhood. Wears Alejandro Villanueva’s #78 and helps pave the way for the nation’s top rushing attack.

Thanks as always for reading. The Heisman is fine, but I prefer the Lombardi. Hopefully, Shazier’s injury in some way helps motivate and inspire the Steelers to win their 7th Lombardi Trophy.

Post subject: Re: Heismock
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 pm 

I like everything except for the Mayfield pick. There’s something that makes me feel that he just won’t cut it in the NFL, and I think he’ll be a first round pick.

I can see them going with the TE Andrews in the first, or unfourtanetly an ILB to replace Shazier.

1. TE
2.ILB
3.S
5a.OLB
5b.WR
5c.DT
6.OLB
7a.WR
7b.S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 am 

cop1211 wrote:
I like everything except for the Mayfield pick. There’s something that makes me feel that he just won’t cut it in the NFL, and I think he’ll be a first round pick.

I can see them going with the TE Andrews in the first, or unfortunately an ILB to replace Shazier.

1. TE
2.ILB
3.S
5a.OLB
5b.WR
5c.DT
6.OLB
7a.WR
7b.S

Unfortunately? Did you see our game against Baltimore? ILB is now a huge need.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 am 

Meaning it’s a shame they have to pick an ILB due to Shazier being injured.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:58 am 

cop1211 wrote:

I can see them going with the TE Andrews in the first, or unfourtanetly an ILB to replace Shazier.

1. TE
2.ILB
3.S
5a.OLB
5b.WR
5c.DT
6.OLB
7a.WR
7b.S

I like the Mayfield pick. However, he will go before us...in rd 1.
I also think we need a TE in this draft. I DON'T see one worth in rd 1.
Might be a good year to trade down in light of us missing a 4th rounder.

My offseason plan begins with signing Lamarcus Joyner FS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:00 pm 

Roquan Smith? ILB--same height, weignt as Shazier...not sure about his 40 time though...Also, not sure he's around late in the 1st....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
[
Unfortunately? Did you see our game against Baltimore? ILB is now a huge need.

it is a bad year to need a ILB or a safety in the draft.

I would love to sign Jairus Byrd for a safety. Hopefully a better draft comes next year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 pm 

SteelWill wrote:
Roquan Smith? ILB--same height, weignt as Shazier...not sure about his 40 time though...Also, not sure he's around late in the 1st....

Smith a personal favorite of mine along with teammate Lorenzo Carter. Yes they’re tremendous college football players but outstanding leaders.

Smith UGAs first ever Butkus winner clearly benefits from playing in the Bama defensive system that is known for producing great linebackers. He needs to be protected by big strong dline.

His athleticism is comparable to Shazier. He’s so fast he challenged offensive players to a race during spring ball and reportedly won. The big separator I see is tackling. Only game I saw Smith miss a tackle was in the ugly loss to Auburn.

If Steelers want him they’ll have to trade up to get him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm 

My wife is an UGA alum w/ family still in Atlanta, so we watch a lot of SEC football---my son (who knows everything...) thinks Smith is top15...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm 

SteelWill wrote:
My wife is an UGA alum w/ family still in Atlanta, so we watch a lot of SEC football---my son (who knows everything...) thinks Smith is top15...

You have a child that knows everything too?

I think your son is right though. Smith will be a fast riser come draft season.