It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NFL draft rumers from aorund the league
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:55 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Do you really see him as an OLB for us? He just looks too big. Saw a comment on one of his YouTube vids that he moves like a guy 20 pounds bigger than what he actually is, yet he's obviously polished and explosive. It's a hard match for me to see.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/study-pittsburgh-looks-outside-linebackers/

Willis fits the Steelers parameters perfectly. As FC alluded to on the podcast, I think it's possible the reason they're not looking at him is they think neither Willis nor Bud Dupree can play the right side.

As for size:

6014... 266 Woodley
6040... 269 Bud Dupree
6036... 255 Willis
6015... 261 Carl Lawson

So according to that formula B2B the Steelers have struck out more than hit a homerun. Look at the players drafted,
categories met
Travis Feeney: 6/10 Stolen off the practice squad. Never know. Incomplete.
Bud Dupree: 7/10 Still Raw. No real data yet to evaluate 100%. Incomplete.
Jarvis Jones: 4/10 Complete Bust
Chris Carter: 10/10 Complete Bust
Jason Worilds: 10/10 Started to come on only to retire. Never know how he might have turned out. Incomplete.
Thaddeus Gibson: 7/10 Complete Bust
Bruce Davis: 8/10 Complete Bust
LaMarr Woodley: 6/10 Only player we can realistically evaluate. Did well for a few seasons and then busted out the league.
Not the Track Record I'd want to be part of as a scout, GM or coach. Dismal.

Freeney, Carter and even Gibson shouldn't be anywhere near this conversation. Anyone selected after round 3 is a complete crap shoot. Saying a 5th or 6th rounder busted is silliness, given the bust rates for those rounds hover around 80 to 90%. Woodley was a home run period. Dupree yep yet to be decided. Worilds was an above average 2nd round pick. Fact he retired is not Steeler's fault at all. Outside of Jones I really don't see need for all the caterwauling. Whoopee dee do some late rounders rounders didn't pan out. Hardly a glaring shock. Go look at success of pass rushers beyond round 2. It is a massive list of people no longer employed by NFL. Sorry the above analysis is just lazy crap. If you wanted to argue Jones was a terrible pick that really hurt Steelers down the line, with ya totally but tossing in players selected beyond round 3? Please. There are very few pass rushers selected that late that go on to highly productive NFL careers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:46 pm 

My comment was about the formula applied. Not the round drafted. Obviously the formula implemented is something that's applied across the board regardless of draft slot. The results are poor at best and as such are Flawed. Further, I can't begin to understand why this approach would be applied with the results shown. Remember when the Steelers were known for Linebackers? Yeah, I do too. What ever happened I think this formula applied has something to do with why that isn't the case anymore. I'm sure there's an argument the NFL has evolved in there somewhere and Linebacking has changed. So why hasn't the formula changed with the evolving NFL then?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:09 pm 

Pepper has been flagged for a deluded sample at the combine

Quote:
According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:

"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

Drinking enough water to fail a drug test with a diluted sample is far more than just trying to "stay hydrated." There are 300+ players at the combine that I'm sure are trying to stay hydrated and yet only a couple test diluted-positive. It's a flimsy defense. He drank an excessive amount of water to dilute whatever was in his system beyond detection, plain and simple.

I mean, you gotta be pretty stupid, because you know you're going to get tested at the combine. Why not just stop whatever it is you're doing for a short amount of time so you can maximize your draft stock? Let's be honest, the majority of these college kids smoke weed. But you have to be smarter about it. Put it down long enough to make your money

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 pm 

Saw something where Conley was accused of rape this week.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/nfl-prosp ... legations/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Saw something where Conley was accused of rape this week.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/nfl-prosp ... legations/

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8627