All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McShay 3 round mock
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 pm 

Quote:
Round 1 (30): T.J. Watt, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
Round 2 (62): Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
Round 3 (94): Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida
Round 3 (105): KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

Watt continues to move up the board, despite having just one year of notable production at linebacker after suffering a season-ending knee injury in 2014 and undergoing a position change from tight end. He has the frame (6-4, 252) and athleticism (4.69 40, 10-8 broad jump) to continue to develop as a pass-rusher. Moreau needs to improve his ball skills, but he has top-tier coverage ability and physical tools. Anzalone played just one full season at Florida. I'm intrigued by his range against the run and in coverage, though. Cannon is an underdeveloped route-runner, but he has the toughness, quickness and top-end speed to develop into a productive slot receiver, which Pittsburgh needs.

The only guy I would be on the fence about is Anzalone. that is a big risk on day 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insid ... -nfl-draft

Post subject: Re: McShay 3 round mock
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Quote:
Round 1 (30): T.J. Watt, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
Round 2 (62): Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
Round 3 (94): Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida
Round 3 (105): KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

Watt continues to move up the board, despite having just one year of notable production at linebacker after suffering a season-ending knee injury in 2014 and undergoing a position change from tight end. He has the frame (6-4, 252) and athleticism (4.69 40, 10-8 broad jump) to continue to develop as a pass-rusher. Moreau needs to improve his ball skills, but he has top-tier coverage ability and physical tools. Anzalone played just one full season at Florida. I'm intrigued by his range against the run and in coverage, though. Cannon is an underdeveloped route-runner, but he has the toughness, quickness and top-end speed to develop into a productive slot receiver, which Pittsburgh needs.

The only guy I would be on the fence about is Anzalone. that is a big risk on day 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insid ... -nfl-draft

First three are ALL huge risks. Watt is a project with very limited experience and technique. Moreau is not only injured, he's also fairly experienced and has been boosted above his pay grade by Mayock's comments and a fast 40. Anzalone is a big injury risk, and where does he play on PIT's defense? A switch to inside? Very un-Steelers-like mock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:51 pm 

Puke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 am 

I like TJ Watt more than others around here, and I don't mind Moreau either, but overall this is garbage. Way too early on KD Cannon and I don't think Anzalone will ever be much more than a back-up and special teamer. On top of that, Moreau will not be ready to start the year. No thanks