It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mockbile, Alabama
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 pm 

2T) TraDavious White 6’0 194 CB LSU- SEC battle tested 3 year starter for “DBU.” I’ve mocked White a time or two before, but in light of his strong showing down in Mobile (before turning an ankle), I’m going to pencil him in as a “plug and play” starter opposite Artie Burns.

2.) Haason Riddick 6’1 237 EDGE Temple- If Tomlin and Butler are going to insist on dropping their pass rushers in zone then I say gamble on this yoga lovin’ assassin. Kid came to Temple as a corner so he should be comfortable enough standing around watching wide open little white dudes run by him. This “Temple Strong” all out hustler is sure to enjoy a “meteoric rise” up the draft board now that he’s found his way onto Mayock’s radar.

3T) Evan Engram 6’3 236 TE Ole Miss- Another “fast riser” that Mayock and Jeremiah deemed a Jordan Reed clone. I’ll tell you what. I think he’s faster than Jordan Reed. Kid runs like a WR. A creative offensive coordinator could really turn this kid into quite the weapon lining him up a TE, the slot, and even splitting him out wide. Oh wait. The Steelers don’t have a creative offensive coordinator. Never mind.

3) Montravious Adams 6’3 308 DT Auburn- Shit yeah I’m mocking him again. Kid dominated all year long at Auburn and is putting on a show down the road at Mobile. Mayock constantly bitching about his pad level. Piss off Mike! Kid’s a beast!

4.) Lorenzo Jerome 5’10 203 S St. Francis- Hell no I’ve never seen a St. Francis football game. I’m amazed NFL scouts have either since the last Red Flash player to be drafted was Ed Stofko back in 1945. A triple threat, he’s scored TD’s on returns, ints, and once as a receiver. Head coach Chris Villarrial of IUP and the Chicago Bears called Jerome a “tenacious playmaker” and “an even better worker than football player.” A creative defensive coordinator could really… never-mind.

4C) Terrell Basham 6’3 259 EDGE Ohio- Never saw an Ohio U football game either but I did party there Halloween weekend 20+ years ago. Ahhhh youth. Anyway, I just saw a low-light of this kid trying to cover Jeremy Sprinkle. Not pretty. Still, Jeremiah loves this kid saying he almost made his top 50. As Mayock said, “Bash-um” good name for a pass rusher. Oh wait...I forgot...the Steelers don't like to rush the passer.

5.) Kareem Hunter 5’10 208 RB Toledo- I’m slowly working my way through my dvr’d practice sessions. Hard to judge these rbs in a practice setting but one thing that really stood out was Hunter’s ability to catch the football. Why did the Steelers stop throwing Bell the football? Man, I’d like to drive a titleist right into Todd Haley’s nut-sack.

6.) Josh Reynolds 6’3 197 WR Texas A&M- Reynolds, Cooper Kupp, and East Carolina’s uber-productive Zay Jones the best WRs so far during Senior Bowl practices. Reynolds slowly creeping his way up the CBS draft rankings. In a weak wr group, he’ll be a “grand larceny” pick at some point on day 3. Even if Martavis Bryant returns, Ben needs more reliable weapons than the dogshit he played with against the Pats.

6C) Tyrus Bowser 6’2 244 EDGE Houston – Played two years of basketball at Houston before switching to football full-time. Only played eight games after fight with a teammate this season but still managed 8.5 sacks. This “athletic bender” is a “twitchy” pass rushing demon…Damn it!!! I forgot the Steelers don’t rush the passer. Sorry, I just wasted three picks on pass rushers. Dumbass, Drama.

7) Chad “Swag” Kelly 6’2 224 QB Ole Miss- The Kelly name means shit to me because I think uncle Jim is a first class jerkoff. His nephew here by all accounts is quite the douchebag as well. Still, the kid is a fierce competitor and has that legendary Kelly toughness along with a win over Alabama on his resume. Right now I’m watching him stand around Ladd Peebles in sweatpants due to a season ending knee injury, but in a very weak qb class somebody will throw a day 3 dart at this kid…probably won’t be the Steelers.

Thanks as always for reading. Just catching up on Senior Bowl practices so figured I'd throw some darts of my own for discussion purposes. Let me know who’s stood out to you so far. Game is Saturday, 2:30, NFL Network.

Post subject: Re: Mockbile, Alabama
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:57 pm 

Like some of these guys a lot.

Quote:
2T) TraDavious White 6’0 194 CB LSU- SEC battle tested 3 year starter for “DBU.” I’ve mocked White a time or two before, but in light of his strong showing down in Mobile (before turning an ankle), I’m going to pencil him in as a “plug and play” starter opposite Artie Burns.

He's a slot CB-- probably the best slot CB in this draft. However, I think that's a fit for the Steelers, who need both a slot CB who can play man and an upgrade at #2 CB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Quote:

He's a slot CB-- probably the best slot CB in this draft. However, I think that's a fit for the Steelers, who need both a slot CB who can play man and an upgrade at #2 CB.

I think he's more than a slot corner.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:21 pm 

SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Quote:

I think he's more than a slot corner.

Don't get me wrong-- I think he's pretty good at both... but I think he could be an excellent slot corner, which has become more important in our needs and quest to defeat NE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:35 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Don't get me wrong-- I think he's pretty good at both... but I think he could be an excellent slot corner, which has become more important in our needs and quest to defeat NE.

With the smurf receivers the Pats run out there don't you wish you had some more nickel CB types who can play man? White is smaller, but can play anywhere. I think he's a Top 5 CB in this class and could go late 1, early 2. Bucky Brooks just put him in a mock at 11 which is a bit of a reach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:01 pm 

SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

With the smurf receivers the Pats run out there don't you wish you had some more nickel CB types who can play man? White is smaller, but can play anywhere. I think he's a Top 5 CB in this class and could go late 1, early 2. Bucky Brooks just put him in a mock at 11 which is a bit of a reach.

They don't use him in a lot of zone looks, but he's a very, very good man defender. As you said, it's all about your taste in CBs... there are a lot of them who can play, probably at a level above Cockrell or Gay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:07 pm 

Dobbs better than Kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:57 pm 

I agree with the Dobbs over Kelly statement. Hunt will not be there in the 5th. He's solidifying himself as a 3rd to early 4th kind of a pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:27 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
I agree with the Dobbs over Kelly statement. Hunt will not be there in the 5th. He's solidifying himself as a 3rd to early 4th kind of a pick.

Yeah-- too good, even in a league that has de-emphasized RB in the draft.

What's your take on Michael Roberts. I don't know if he's a big upgrade over what we have here, but I like that he's a better player than testing guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 pm 

What do you guys think about Derek Rivers? I heard that he looked good at Senior Bowl practice.