It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 30-something mock
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:58 pm 

I think Carl Lawson is going to drop during the process. I could see him being available late 2nd.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm 

Charles Harris has shown brilliant pass rush moves, and also been a non-factor for long stretches.
Tim Williams has an elite first step & weight room strength, he too can be erased from games and hasn't shown to be a well rounded football player. Drug issues as well.
Takkarist McKinley, similar story. Another guy who might be a better athlete than football player and lacks consistency. Flashy talent though and should test well.
Carl Lawson is another guy from this mold. Has the talent to rush the edge, spotty consistency, effort, and lacks some length.

That bring us to TJ Watt and Ryan Anderson. These two guys are football players that you can trust in coverage and against the run. They have good motors and football smarts. Unlike the guys listed above, these guys might be better football players than pure athletes. Harrison won't be around forever to do all of the dirty work at the OLB position. I see Watt as a complete player who has some ability to rush the passer as well. Anderson simply isn't a 1st round talent, but is a solid all-around player. The team will likely have a choice from the handful of guys listed above and they can't afford miss. It'll be a tough decision. My pick would be Watt. Highest floor of the bunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm 

Right now I would concur...Watt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm 

SP wrote:
Charles Harris has shown brilliant pass rush moves, and also been a non-factor for long stretches.
Tim Williams has an elite first step & weight room strength, he too can be erased from games and hasn't shown to be a well rounded football player. Drug issues as well.
Takkarist McKinley, similar story. Another guy who might be a better athlete than football player and lacks consistency. Flashy talent though and should test well.
Carl Lawson is another guy from this mold. Has the talent to rush the edge, spotty consistency, effort, and lacks some length.

That bring us to TJ Watt and Ryan Anderson. These two guys are football players that you can trust in coverage and against the run. They have good motors and football smarts. Unlike the guys listed above, these guys might be better football players than pure athletes. Harrison won't be around forever to do all of the dirty work at the OLB position. I see Watt as a complete player who has some ability to rush the passer as well. Anderson simply isn't a 1st round talent, but is a solid all-around player. The team will likely have a choice from the handful of guys listed above and they can't afford miss. It'll be a tough decision. My pick would be Watt. Highest floor of the bunch.

I just watched a whole game of TJ Watt getting blown backwards in the run game. First video on draft breakdown. He's a mid 3rd day guy to me, if that. I'm with FC-- Wise is a better prospect for the pro game than many of the names discussed. If Tim Williams had no off the field issues, I'd take him. He's a better all around player than advertised.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:22 pm 

I'm a big fan of Demarcus Walker. I don't know if Steelers would be interested given he's not a 3-4 OLB but he's a disruptor from both the edge and the middle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 am 

Nailed Watt on my first mock of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:24 am 

Nice work on this prognostication SP.

How happy about it are you right here right now on Draft Day ?