It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Go Buckeyes!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:33 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Barrett fits the offense better. It's as simple as that.

If you're into the whole brevity thing...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:45 pm 

Ice wrote:
We'll agree to disagree. The calm leadership, command of the whole playbook, touch, accurate passing and breakaway run capability were on display pretty obviously over the last few weeks, from where I was sitting.

Go Bucks!

What Cardale did cannot be ignored though.

I'm not sure Braxton Miller or JT Barrett would have dominated Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:
We'll agree to disagree. The calm leadership, command of the whole playbook, touch, accurate passing and breakaway run capability were on display pretty obviously over the last few weeks, from where I was sitting.

Go Bucks!

What Cardale did cannot be ignored though.

I'm not sure Braxton Miller or JT Barrett would have dominated Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon.

I'm not ignoring what Jones did, but at the same time I'd suggest it was more Zeke Elliot that did the dominating in those 3 games.
The Buckeyes are reigning National Champs, and I truly appreciate what Cardale Jones did. He was fantastic. But that's in the past, and it seems that the more tape he puts out, the more successful opponents have been to game plan against him. The Buckeyes are good with Cardale, I just think they are better with J.T.
My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:05 pm 

Agree with the cents, and love the sig, Jobu. One of my favorite flicks of all time. Have probably 80% of the lines committed to memory.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 pm 

Ice wrote:
Agree with the cents, and love the sig, Jobu. One of my favorite flicks of all time. Have probably 80% of the lines committed to memory.

One of my favs too. It pretty much hits the era on the head. I graduated high school in 1975, that's a pretty accurate picture the 70s teens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:39 am 

JT suspended one game after getting stopped at a DUI checkpoint. He's only 20 too, so I thought he would get more.

What a dumb ass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:51 pm 

Dumbass doesn't dven begin to describe it. He's a captain and team leader. I just don't understand what these guys are thinking sometimes. I know making mistakes comes with being young, but these guys have to be smart enough to realize that they are in the spotlight. Every move they make is being watched.
One game is too easy...he should be done for the season...jeez!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:58 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Dumbass doesn't dven begin to describe it. He's a captain and team leader. I just don't understand what these guys are thinking sometimes. I know making mistakes comes with being young, but these guys have to be smart enough to realize that they are in the spotlight. Every move they make is being watched.

He should have been suspended for the season. Complete lack of respect for the University, his teammates, and coaches. When I was 17-19 years old, I drove when I shouldn't have a handful of times. Never got pulled over luckily, but I decided it was stupid and quit doing it. JT can make mistakes, but this is an absolute bone head move with no regard for anyone but himself. I hope Cardale plays amazing and JT spends the season on the bench.

JT should also lose the captain title immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:06 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

He should have been suspended for the season. Complete lack of respect for the University, his teammates, and coaches. When I was 17-19 years old, I drove when I shouldn't have a handful of times. Never got pulled over luckily, but I decided it was stupid and quit doing it. JT can make mistakes, but this is an absolute bone head move with no regard for anyone but himself. I hope Cardale plays amazing and JT spends the season on the bench.

JT should also lose the captain title immediately.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:47 pm 

Cardale was probably the one giving him the drinks! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 am 

Agree with the "suspended for the rest of year" suggestion. Inexcusable, hopefully Cardale finds his mojo once again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:33 pm 

20 year old kid. College junior. Made a mistake he probably regrets, could very likely cost his team a shot at a championship with just the one game suspension against a Minnesota team that almost upset Michigan (minus its QB) this past weekend. Ohio State has always been a "letter of the law" kind of school with violations like this, as is most every other large, D1, "name brand" football school in the country.

As for the captaincy, for the coaches to take away something the kid's teammates voted him would probably be an excellent way to lose the team, and certainly isn't how this has staff operated in the past. These kids aren't professionals, they're kids, and they're going to screw up from time to time. Yeah, it was stupid. Season long suspension for a not even drug-related DUI? Probably just a bit of an overreaction.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm 

superk wrote:
Cardale was probably the one giving him the drinks! :twisted:

I heard from a very reliable source, Jones was the guy that bailed him out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am 

Ice wrote:
20 year old kid. College junior. Made a mistake he probably regrets, could very likely cost his team a shot at a championship with just the one game suspension against a Minnesota team that almost upset Michigan (minus its QB) this past weekend. Ohio State has always been a "letter of the law" kind of school with violations like this, as is most every other large, D1, "name brand" football school in the country.

As for the captaincy, for the coaches to take away something the kid's teammates voted him would probably be an excellent way to lose the team, and certainly isn't how this has staff operated in the past. These kids aren't professionals, they're kids, and they're going to screw up from time to time. Yeah, it was stupid. Season long suspension for a not even drug-related DUI? Probably just a bit of an overreaction.

It's okay to make mistakes. Making this mistake after finally regaining the starting QB job for the National Champions screams idiocy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 pm 

Details of the case show he was barely above the legal limit. A lawyer probably would have asked for a blood test on the scene. Unwise, yes. A mistake, yes. Irresponsible, definitely, but the kid is 20 years old. He's allowed to make mistakes, and hopefully he learns from this one. Life is a journey, and people make mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:08 pm 

Ice wrote:
Details of the case show he was barely above the legal limit. A lawyer probably would have asked for a blood test on the scene. Unwise, yes. A mistake, yes. Irresponsible, definitely, but the kid is 20 years old. He's allowed to make mistakes, and hopefully he learns from this one. Life is a journey, and people make mistakes.

Age has nothing to do with it.

"Kids" make mistakes and die too, and they don't get a 2nd chance. JT got off easy and is only sorry because they caught him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:43 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:

"Kids" make mistakes and die too, and they don't get a 2nd chance. JT got off easy and is only sorry because they caught him.

Allow me to once again preface this by saying that I don't in any way mean to offend, because I've actually enjoyed the discourse on all things Buckeye, but I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything above. Of course age has something to do with it. These are college kids. If I'd had a car in town with me at Pitt, well, God help the passenger side mirrors and street signs of South O a couple of nights. Mistakes. I didn't have a wheel. I still made a few, myself.

I also noticed that you failed to include the "barely above the legal limit," in your reply, because, you probably know, like most do, that if you have one beer and drive 15 minutes later, you're "above the legal limit" in Ohio. Doesn't fit the JT is a slobbering drunk and idiot narrative, I know, but it's only fair to at least acknowledge the existence of the fact.

Lastly, unless you know the kid pretty well personally, I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say "he's only sorry because they caught him." I mean, there's a chance that's true, but it remains a pretty big assumption.

Like I said, agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 am 

Ice wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:

Allow me to once again preface this by saying that I don't in any way mean to offend, because I've actually enjoyed the discourse on all things Buckeye, but I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything above. Of course age has something to do with it. These are college kids. If I'd had a car in town with me at Pitt, well, God help the passenger side mirrors and street signs of South O a couple of nights. Mistakes. I didn't have a wheel. I still made a few, myself.

I also noticed that you failed to include the "barely above the legal limit," in your reply, because, you probably know, like most do, that if you have one beer and drive 15 minutes later, you're "above the legal limit" in Ohio. Doesn't fit the JT is a slobbering drunk and idiot narrative, I know, but it's only fair to at least acknowledge the existence of the fact.

Lastly, unless you know the kid pretty well personally, I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say "he's only sorry because they caught him." I mean, there's a chance that's true, but it remains a pretty big assumption.

Like I said, agree to disagree.

Did you see the video released yesterday of the arrest?

He played the "I'm a QB at OSU officer, isn't there anything you can do?"

That is what tells me he's only sorry he got got, confirms it. Just disappointing is all, and he will start tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:50 am 

Did you stick with Ben after Vegas and Allegideville? Again, the kid is 20, probably the best QB we've seen in a couple decades, and half what I am when I'm done with my Four Roses after work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:55 pm 

Ice wrote:
Did you stick with Ben after Vegas and Allegideville? Again, the kid is 20, probably the best QB we've seen in a couple decades, and half what I am when I'm done with my Four Roses after work.

Ben didn't ever rape anyone. There is a video of JT trying to bribe a police officer, huge difference.

JT looked mediocre today so lets just hope he's ready to steamroll MSU and Michigan. Two tough games.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:05 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:

Ben didn't ever rape anyone. There is a video of JT trying to bribe a police officer, huge difference.

JT looked mediocre today so lets just hope he's ready to steamroll MSU and Michigan. Two tough games.

Bribe?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:50 pm 

for the record, I think Michigan takes out OSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:55 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:

Bribe?

Not specifically, but video was released of the arrest.

Barrett asked the officer if there was anything he could do, because he is the QB at OSU. No accountability.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:04 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
for the record, I think Michigan takes out OSU

Wager?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:06 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:

Bribe?

Beginning to look a little like an agenda.