It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Go Buckeyes!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:02 am 

]
Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Ice wrote:
Did you stick with Ben after Vegas and Allegideville? Again, the kid is 20, probably the best QB we've seen in a couple decades, and half what I am when I'm done with my Four Roses after work.

Ben didn't ever rape anyone. There is a video of JT trying to bribe a police officer, huge difference.

JT looked mediocre today so lets just hope he's ready to steamroll MSU and Michigan. Two tough games.

Bribe?

Beginning to look a little like an agenda.[/quote]

If an agenda is that I don't like entitled morons with no accountability, sign me up. Cardale did everything right last year, and is still a team player this year. I would have rolled with Cardale win or lose, as he is a good guy who is still undefeated. JT has a loss and I think he will have more. Just my opinion but a lot of locals feel the same way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:10 pm 

On the field, there's little doubt who runs the offense better, this season. Last year was a magic run, but that was last year, when there was next to no tape at all out there on Jones. The better coaches on the upcoming schedule would have eaten him for lunch. As far as a culture of entitlement, that ship sailed in regards to most NCAA "student-athletes" quite some time ago. I thought JT handled losing his starting job to injury as well or better as I've seen for a player at that position and that national profile. Solid teammate, I think, and probably a pretty decent dude.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:09 pm 

Ice wrote:
On the field, there's little doubt who runs the offense better, this season. Last year was a magic run, but that was last year, when there was next to no tape at all out there on Jones. The better coaches on the upcoming schedule would have eaten him for lunch. As far as a culture of entitlement, that ship sailed in regards to most NCAA "student-athletes" quite some time ago. I thought JT handled losing his starting job to injury as well or better as I've seen for a player at that position and that national profile. Solid teammate, I think, and probably a pretty decent dude.

There is no way to prove the above, as Jones is still undefeated.

I feel comfortable with Jones or JT getting us to the Big 10 title game undefeated. Iowa will be a tough test, but I'll roll with the Buckeyes win or lose!

Things are gonna get real this weekend. No more cupcakes on the schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:00 pm 

See, I think the opposite is just as likely-- Barrett is a much more 1-dimensional player than Cardale. He's better at that one dimension than Cardale is at either but I think Jim Harbaugh is going to make life very difficult for OSU unless OSU really gets it together on O, compared to what they've showed thusfar this year, i.e. the way they looked in the playoffs last year... with Cardale Jones.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:49 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
See, I think the opposite is just as likely-- Barrett is a much more 1-dimensional player than Cardale. He's better at that one dimension than Cardale is at either but I think Jim Harbaugh is going to make life very difficult for OSU unless OSU really gets it together on O, compared to what they've showed thusfar this year, i.e. the way they looked in the playoffs last year... with Cardale Jones.

As long as that one dimension is leadership ability, understanding and execution of the offensive concept, passing accuracy, speed and running instincts, we're totally on the same page. Pretty plain on video. The offensive line play (real elephant in the room with so many starters back) and 250+ yards/game of Zeke Elliot from the playoffs say hello, by the way.

And hell yeah, Cody. Better or worse, with hope for the best, Go Bucks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:37 pm 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

As long as that one dimension is leadership ability, understanding and execution of the offensive concept, passing accuracy, speed and running instincts, we're totally on the same page. Pretty plain on video. The offensive line play (real elephant in the room with so many starters back) and 250+ yards/game of Zeke Elliot from the playoffs say hello, by the way.

And hell yeah, Cody. Better or worse, with hope for the best, Go Bucks!

I was thinking Barrett runs the run game to perfection... that's his outlier skill. Is that enough to beat Michigan or Alabama?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:10 pm 

His home run ability as a runner makes that read option a nightmare to defend, and his knack for making the right read is definitely a difference, too, but I've been most impressed with his touch as a passer, compared to both Miller and Jones. That combination, along with his understanding of the overall scheme really open up the whole playbook. What he did last season against Michigan State is kind of what I'm pointing to.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:15 am 

Well, we'll find out-- tough games ahead, no matter how you slice it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:23 am 

Yup, CFP starts Saturday for the Bucks. Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan became good friends at UF, largely over a discussion they had about the NCAA tournament vs the (then) BCS. Basically, it's an NCAA tourney for the Bucks for the rest of the season. Lose and go home, against a murderers row of opponents. Should be a fun ride.

Go Bucks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 am 

It's been pretty obvious the Buckeyes haven't shown us everything yet. How many touches has Braxton had in the last 3 weeks? Maybe 6-7? I expect them to open things up a bit over the next few weeks. They've been coasting to this point.....Now it's time to get busy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:43 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
It's been pretty obvious the Buckeyes haven't shown us everything yet. How many touches has Braxton had in the last 3 weeks? Maybe 6-7? I expect them to open things up a bit over the next few weeks. They've been coasting to this point.....Now it's time to get busy.

Have been hoping this is the case. Made me smile on a rainy morning, Charles.

Go Bucks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:09 pm 

Michigan St kicker bangen' on his air guitar with zeros on the clock!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:28 pm 

Very poorly coached game by Urban Meyer, very strange. Three horrendous offsides on Bosa may have sealed the loss too. One of them was on a 4th and 8 and none of the WR's were open.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:14 pm 

Horrible play calling on offense. They did not deserve the points they had.

I think the loss of Tom Herman ( OC last season) is huge in the reasons for the anemic offense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:03 pm 

I'll bring my old thread back to avoid another post.

I expect 1-2 losses for OSU this season, but I'm loving the defense!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm 

I'm pretty excited about this season, and yeah, that defense, wow. Chase Young just an absolute beast. May be better than the Bosas, and the new, zone-heavier secondary has, to this point, limited big plays. I need to see us avoid the one, heartbreaking, loss to a huge underdog with 1/4 the talent, and I will be happy. And another year of Harbaugh making Manning Face after The Game.

Fields is a work in progress, but man, that kid's got talent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm 

Ice wrote:
I'm pretty excited about this season, and yeah, that defense, wow. Chase Young just an absolute beast. May be better than the Bosas, and the new, zone-heavier secondary has, to this point, limited big plays. I need to see us avoid the one, heartbreaking, loss to a huge underdog with 1/4 the talent, and I will be happy. And another year of Harbaugh making Manning Face after The Game.

Fields is a work in progress, but man, that kid's got talent.

Harbaugh's time is limited if they underachieve again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:23 pm 

Best team in the country.

Penn State barely beat Pitt.